• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Why I prefer Robotech

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Chaos-Blade wrote: I hate the books with the passion of a thousand suns, it felt cheap and contradicted the source material something fierce, plus it tended to fladerize the characters but... I digress.

what does this mean

Well being that "fladerize" isn't even a word I would assume what they meant is they didn't particularly care for the adaptation of the characters in the novels or the added gimmicks such as the thinking caps and what not. I get it, the novels are miles apart from the source material but they have to remember it's an adaptation or even a re-imagining so it was meant to be different. Personally I have no issues with the novels and I'm still doing my re-read, had to take a break in between GOT and other things I'm trying to catch up with these days, but yeah I get it.

The books are an acquired taste for some I suppose. And I think the books tried to be a little more "adult" or at least that's the vibe I get when I'm reading and I assume its probably because they thought the novels would sell better? Shruggy shrug shrug.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 7 months ago #23764

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds