If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow.... was created by blackconvoy_D01

....what would you do? What changes would you make?

I, myself would do the following:
-allow all CM and Yamato, etc manufacturers to let their products to be sold in the US openly.
-complete and release a great version of shadow rising
-revamp the sentinels comic series as a web series
-make the sentinels comic story cannon
-make the live action movie as close to the series as possible
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 6 months ago #13704

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

I'd release RT: The Untold Story, do the Sentinels as an online subscription web comic w/ voices and flash animation (then sell it on a DVD set), then do one more RT feature film that had all new mecha and wrapped up the entire series. Then I'd approach BW and make a deal where they would be able to put Macross over here, as well as the toys. Lucrative, and why spend all that money, when Macross already has a booming franchise? That'd be my goal in a really condensed nutshell.
13 years 6 months ago #13705

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

I'd drop Shadow Rising, the un-named feature, the live action movie, and Toynami.

I'd find a better toy company to make RT specifics across the pay bands, while re-intergrating a Sentinels story that would flow into Shadow Chronicles. I'd then make a short feature or comic series to continue and finish the Shadows arc.

I'll then propose a feature series or a TV series of RT set a decade or so into the future, with tie ins to possibly comics and a video game. If that works out well, and on the strength of sales/profits, only then would I seek to allow Macross material in the US. and/or have the drive for a live action feature.
13 years 6 months ago #13706

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

If I owned the rights definitely I would not waste my time at robotech/macross forums
13 years 6 months ago #13707

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

I would turn shadow rising into t.v. series with all new mech phase in. I think I could design alot of the mechs. I really want a good write to write the episodes. I am o.k. with plot but when comes to chactors all of them I made are one dimensional. I have Tatsunoko Productions do the animation character design and mecha design refinement and let Tatsunoko do a Japanese dub. I would try to strike a deal with cartoon network to get it on and have good time slot which is right now is Friday between 6 and 9 central time. this time is where most of the cartoons of the action gene are shown. I would let BW release Macross over here. the issues of sentinels comic that fit in tv and movie canon be canon. Make a video game base of the sentinels with animated cutscenes. I get Retro Studios to do the game. I have Tatsunoko do the cutsences.
13 years 6 months ago #13708

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

I WOULD TURN EVERYTHING SOUTHERN CROSS..TOYS, TV SERIES, MOVIES, COMICS, BOOKS, GAMES, AND A SOUTHERN CROSS FLAMETHROWER.. KIDS GOTTA LOVE THAT.

;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 6 months ago #13709

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I WOULD TURN EVERYTHING SOUTHERN CROSS..TOYS, TV SERIES, MOVIES, COMICS, BOOKS, GAMES, AND A SOUTHERN CROSS FLAMETHROWER.. KIDS GOTTA LOVE THAT.

;)

That is a briliant idea. :laugh:
13 years 6 months ago #13710

Replied by SteelMax on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

First, I'd simultaneously push the classic series, re-releasing in DVD and Blue Ray with a BIG media push; and concurrently advance the storyline through "Shadow Rising" and beyond. Once you have a solid story to sell/tell, the other merchandising can go from there.
13 years 6 months ago #13717

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow...

I wonder though, how much is the robotech franchise worth?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 6 months ago #13730

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re:If you could own the Robotech brand tomorrow....

I would lock every thing away...not let anything be released. I would start law suits on any copyright infringements because its ALL MINE, MINE, MINE and keep it for for myself ;)
13 years 6 months ago #13733

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds