KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AND ROBOTECH PANEL NOTES

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AND ROBOTECH PANEL NOTES was created by MEMO1DOMINION

FROM LONG BEACH COMIC CON

WE HAD KEVIN MCKEEVER TALK WITH US RIGHT AFTER THE PANEL IN OUR SPANISH PODCAST. SO FOR TIDBITS OF INFO AND WHAT IS GOING ON TAKE A LISTEN IN.

PODCAST... JUAN AND MEMO WITH GUEST HG KEVIN MKEEVER FROM LONG BEACH COMIC CON

www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.j...asterId=29738&cmd=tc

10/30/2010 07:09 PM EDT
EPISODE43 - RobotechEspanol's Community Call
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 5 months ago #13783

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AFTER ROBOTECH PANEL

TO ADD:

ROBOTECH PANEL WAS MUCH THE SAME BUT MORE FUN. THERE WAS MORE CLIPS FROM AND SONGS FROM FUTURE PRODUCTIONS COMING.

ON COMICS:
DC HAS SUCKED IN WILDSTORM. FROM STAFF OF WILDSTORM.. THEY EXPECT PINK SLIPS AND OTHERS WILL BE NOW MOVING TO BURBANK TO DC REALM. NO MORE WILDSTORM. NOVEMBER WILDSTORM WILL CLOSE ITS DOORS IN SAN DIEGO.

FOR ROBOTECH...
LOVE AND WAR CANCELED FOR ENGLISH DISTRIBUTION WHICH IS U.S.A. AND ALSO INCLUDES AUSTRALIA, ENGLAND, NEW ZELAND ETC.

INTERNATIONALLY FOR OTHER LANGUAGES,
LOVE AND WAR WILL STILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN CHINA WITH A FIRST RELEASE AND SOON TO BE FOLLOWED BY LATIN AMERICA WHERE DISTRIBUTION IS STILL POSSIBLE. DEALS TO STILL BE NEGOTIATED.

OVERALL:
HG GETS THE COMIC RIGHTS OUT OF DC IN 2011 AND ALREADY HG LOOKING INTO FUTURE POSSIBILITY FOR THE FANS THROUGH OTHER MEDIA OR WB ITSELF. TIME WILL TELL AND HG STILL HAVE PLANS.

TOYS:
GEORGE FROM TOYNAMI WAS AT THE ROBOTECHX BOOTH AND FROM TOMMY IN THE PANEL CONFIRMED TO CONCENTRATE IN MORE 1/100 SCALE TOYS. AND ON THE MPC LINE. WHEN ASKED BY A FAN ABOUT AN SDF1 TOY AT THE BOOTH, GEORGE REPLIED THAT "IF THE TOY CAME OUT IT WOULD NOT BE LIKE THE MATCHBOX SIZE.. BUT DOUBLE THE SIZE" .. WHEN FEW OF US HEARD THAT WITH SURPRISED AND TRIED TO GET MORE OUT OF HIM HE JUST SAID MORE IN THE PIPELINE COMING.

CVR ARMOR:
WE WILL BE STARTING PRODUCTION SOON. THE FEW WE MAKE WILL BE FOR ROBOTECHX FANS EXCLUSIVE TO SHOWCASE AT CONS AND SUCH. GEORGE GAVE US ADVICE AND TOMMY GAVE US SOME ARTWORK TO FOLLOW. SO ROBOTECHX FANS WILL BE WORKING ON THIS RIGHT AFTER THE CON. PLANS AND IDEAS ALREADY BEING WORKED OUT.

ROBOTECH RIGHTS BY ADV:

ADV TO LOOSE DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS IN 2011. LISTEN TO PODCAST TO FIND OUT WHY FROM HG.

POSSIBILITY'S ARE ALREADY BEING LOOKED AT FOR WHEN THE TIME COMES. FROM BLUE RAY AND MAYBE NEW DISTRIBUTOR. TO EARLY TO TELL AS OF NOW. SO EXPECT A BETTER VERSION OF A BLUE RAY VERSION IF THEY GET A DISTRIBUTOR WILLING TO CHANGE FROM A 16MM FILM.

ROBOTECH 2011 NEW FILM:
THEY NOT TALKING ABOUT IT NOW. NO INFO TO GIVE. ONLY THAT WILL BE COMPLETED IN 2011. WILL NOT ANNOUNCE RELEASE DATE TILL THEY HAVE A DISTRIBUTOR SIGNED. MORE STUFF TO COME OUT ONLY EXCLUSIVE AT CONS. SO STAY TUNED CON FANS...

RLAM:
IN SEARCH OF DIRECTOR STILL. NOTHING NEW.

MUSIC:
HG HAS ENDED 20TH ANNIVERSARY MUSIC. WILL RELEASE A 3 CD COLLECTION OF MUSIC NOT HEARD. HG WERE CLEANING OUT THEIR VAULT AND FOUND OLD RECORDINGS AND THIS IS PRE=MINMEI. SO WE WILL HEAR MUSIC SAMPLES OF ROBOTECH NOT HEARD BEFORE. AND EVEN ONE WITH OLPIO MINUCCI PLAYING A ROBOTECH SONG ON A KEYBOARD. SCOTT GLASGOW TO BE CLEANING SOME STUFF UP.

30TH ANNIVERSARY ROBOTECH CONVENTION 2015
SOME GOOD INTEREST FROM COMIC INDUSTRY WILL SUPPORT THIS EVENT AND WILL HELP OUT. SO THE NETWORKING IS PRETTY GOOD. SO YOU GUYS WILL GET EXCLUSIVE INFO HERE BUT WILL PROMOTE IN 2 MORE YEARS TO THE PUBLIC AT CONS.

VIABLE LOCATIONS TO HAVE IT IS

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA
LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA
ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA

PASADENA MOST PROBABLE. GALACTICA, TRANSFORMERS, POWER RANGERS, ETC. ETC HAS HAD THEIR CONS THERE. SO MIGHT JUST FOLLOW AS WELL.

ROBOTECH PANEL VIDEO TO BE UPLOADED SOON. STAY TUNED.
13 years 5 months ago #13787

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AFTER ROBOTECH PANEL

Don't know what was said in the con panel but a couple of things from Kevin's interview.
[My comments in brackets.]

Love and War Stories killed at highest levels of Time Warner. Kevin mentioned the rights are complex. HG has a(n) agreement/merchandising agreement with WB. The comic rights are with DC. Both are owned by Time Warner. HG is sorta looking at digital comics in the future. Mentioned iPad.
[We already knew all of this except how high up the decision was made to cut the English L&W TPB.]

Toynami focusing on 1/100 scale to bring prices down. Whole new line of 1/100 scale toys next year. There will still be MPCs.
[It's about time Toynami focused on making reasonably priced toys instead of overpriced collectors' pieces. I hope they include some TNG and TRM mecha, both hero and alien, in next years releases.]

Pretty much the same vague info concerning the new animated project. Kevin emphasized completion in 2011 but no distributor yet. He said we'd probably see more info, some footage, and casting news next year (on 2011 tour). They can't talk about anything new because of contractual/legal stuff apparently related to hiring the voice actors.

HG can't tell who got ADV's rights when they were split up, and can't discuss options until those rights expire. Kevin noted that physical media is dying out and there is a move toward a digital distribution platform.
[Personally, I like the new releases which include Blue Ray, DVD, and a digital copy in one set. I believe it was Tommy who mentioned a shift from physical to digital releases before, I hope its not because HG is having trouble lining up a new physical distributor.]

Apparently someone at the con ask about a Blue Ray release of the tv series. Kevin said they had to find a publisher willing to upconvert from the 16mm episodes to High Definition format. He also said the issue is finding a distributor willing to spend the money.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 5 months ago #13792

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AND ROBOTECH PANEL NOTES

So, it all sounds like the usual response of why things aren't, why things can't and why they can't talk about it. Aside from that, the non-official Robotech stuff sounds interesting. CVR-3 armor? I think I have every page of lineart dedicated to that, including the latch system, and details of every seperate piece. It's more than what's in the MOSPEADA lineart book, and very cool stuff. Whoever's working on it, if they wanna contact me for any lineart, they can send me a pm. I'd be interested to see what materials they're using as well. Foam? PVC?? Styrene?, ABS? Heck, I'd be interested in that.
13 years 5 months ago #13794

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:KEVIN MCKEEVER TALKS AND ROBOTECH PANEL NOTES

Towgrin

CVR-3 armor? I think I have every page of lineart dedicated to that, including the latch system, and details of every seperate piece. It's more than what's in the MOSPEADA lineart book, and very cool stuff. Whoever's working on it, if they wanna contact me for any lineart, they can send me a pm. I'd be interested to see what materials they're using as well. Foam? PVC?? Styrene?, ABS? Heck, I'd be interested in that.

POSTING UPDATE HERE
ROBOTECH CVR-3
13 years 5 months ago #13798

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds