the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fire bomber on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

yeah im ok with this site too i just wonder if some of the other members are?
not much posting here?
8 years 9 months ago #21326

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

Where to begin?

Actually, I do call things as I see them. Just ask MEMO. I was not very active on the old Robotech.com so I cannot comment on Steve's actions there. I rarely posted. I only speak from experience. From a security stand point. Why would you want a website with obvious vulnerabilities to be up, so it could be further compromised? RT.com had thousands of users, and managing that or migrating over is a HUGE pain in the butt. I'm not making excuses for anyone, simply stating what I know. Look at Robotechespanol. Unfortunately the website had to be left to "die" because migrating it was such a huge pain outside of the scope of the admin. Perhaps migrating over is out of scope of Steve's capabilities. I don't know and don't know how technically proficient he is. Not only that but remember that as a corporate website there are eagle-eyed lawyers approving every move.

This is what I see. Fan boys as ourselves always want the latest NOW! Sometimes we fail to remember that perhaps they're working behind the scenes -- in this case with Sony -- to get a better team to come up with a better website. That's probably stretching it, but one can only hope.

As far as calling it "as I see it." To me it seems that you're taking Steve and RT.com shutting down way too personal. I understand you invested 15+ years in that site, but sometimes its best to let things go.

The new RT site seems like band-aid treatment.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 8 months ago #21327

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

fire bomber wrote: yeah im ok with this site too i just wonder if some of the other members are?
not much posting here?

YEAH, BUT ITS COOL. THERE ARE LURKERS THOUGHT. SO THEY READING. I WAS A LURKER FOR 2 YEARS IN RT.COM BEFORE I POSTED. AND STILL POSTED VERY LITTLE.

YOU CANT POST IMAGES AND SUCH LIKE HERE. WHICH IS BETTER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire bomber
8 years 8 months ago #21328

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fire bomber on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

heh yup there are lurkers B)
just in case anyone wants to knowin deepspace55 @ the rt.com :laugh:
8 years 8 months ago #21329

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds