the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up? was created by fire bomber

any ideas? B)
where it is yet?
or is there one ?
just curios?
8 years 9 months ago #21299

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

There is no sign up yet.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire bomber
8 years 9 months ago #21300

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fire bomber on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

thanks guys, okie dokie the new site lookin good B)
8 years 9 months ago #21301

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

THEY SURE LAGGING IN MAKING A FORUM. BUT THEY MIGHT IN TIME.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 9 months ago #21303

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fire bomber on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

yup in time
8 years 9 months ago #21304

• Alpha1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The one and only original Alpha1 from Robotech.com
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alpha1 on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

Memo, I don't believe they are making a forum or any community. To quote Kevin at AX, "We killed it!" I take this to mean that HG is not interested in continuing the old Robotech.com community in any form.

What are your thoughts on this Memo? Looks like Steve Yun and the rest of his people have abandoned not only us old timers but everyone who was part of that community.
8 years 8 months ago #21314

• fire bomber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

:( yeah i wonder where everyone is i sure would like to say hi to them?
8 years 8 months ago #21317

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

Alpha1 wrote: Memo, I don't believe they are making a forum or any community. To quote Kevin at AX, "We killed it!" I take this to mean that HG is not interested in continuing the old Robotech.com community in any form.

What are your thoughts on this Memo? Looks like Steve Yun and the rest of his people have abandoned not only us old timers but everyone who was part of that community.

Interesting. What I got from the "we killed it" is not that they would never do another community at all. But literally that because it was so outdated, they decided to "kill it." You're right about them not wanting to continue the old community not to abandon people but to use a newer platform compatible with today's times.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 8 months ago #21318

• Alpha1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The one and only original Alpha1 from Robotech.com
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alpha1 on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

Sighup, I get that as a site admin that you'd want to shy away from criticizing Steve and the rest of HG for their handling of the recent relaunch of Robotech.com. You want to have a good relationship with the HG people as you may come face to face with them at conventions and work hard to avoid the infamous Harmony Gold COD letter. That is not the case with me so I am happy to call it as I see it as I have been for the last 15 years.

By killing off the old Robotech.com community, failing to provide updates for that community on the direction of the new website, Steve and HG have abandoned the users of Robotech.com. How can you not argue that is not the case?

Look I am all for fairness here, that is giving SY the benefit of the doubt that sure it is possible that he may intend to launch a new Robotech.com community, but the fact of the matter is that Steve and Kevin have failed to update the users of Robotech.com in order to give them any sort of clarity as to the changes being made to the site that impact the users. Granted they are under no legal obligation to do so but it should be a matter of common courtesy for a community as old as Robotech.com.

As such, simply gutting Robotech.com without any rational(I don't accept an alleged hacking of RT.com or the age of the site as an explanation for said actions) explination is not an excuse and it appears to be a big middle finger directed towards anyone who actively participated in not only the community forums, but with fan fiction, and everything else that the new site did not carry over.

To add to the insult to the fans, any post within the comments section of "RIP Old Robotech.com" that criticizes how Steve and the rest of HG handled this situation is promptly deleted without any explanation regardless if the comment is polite and lacks expletives. This brings me back to what I asked of fire bomber on my own thread in this website; What has Steve Yun ever done that is positive for Robotech.com other than help launch it?

As far as your assertion that SY wants to use a "newer platform" that is "compatible with today's times" I think that the jury is out regarding that topic. Look at the Robotech Website as it is today. Is it really better or represent progress from the old site? Take a look at the color of comments under any thread. Where are all the features that the old Robotech had to offer? Surely progress would mean that SY would take everything that was great about the old website and he would implement that on the new website?

Is this progress or is it incompetence?

True it can be argued that SY isn't finished with the site. If that is the case then why launch a site that is incomplete? Why instead did he not send updates regarding the relaunch after the alleged hacking informing users of the redesign and a expected time frame to launch the new site? I think it is reasonable to assume that providing users a monthly update since the "hack" would have been prudent. Once the site was finished it could have been launched, but they didn't do that.

So I ask again is this really progress or is it incompetence?

Please feel free to point out anything that I am missing here if you truly believe that Steve and the rest of HG is handling this situation as perfect as they can. I'm all for reading an alternative point of view. However in my 15 years of dealing with Steve Yun, I will say this much, he is consistent in that he likes to take draconian actions regarding Robotech.com regardless of consequences towards the users of Robotech.com.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Alpha1.
8 years 8 months ago #21319

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic the new site looks good,but i cant find the sign up?

ME?
IM NOT WORRIED. THERE ARE ALWAYS OTHER PLACES TO GO TO. IF ONE NEEDS TO FOR FORUMS OR FB PAGES. THERE PLENTY OUT THERE.

IF ANYTHING HG ALREADY COMMUNICATING THROUGH FB, TWITTER AND AT CONS. YOU NEEED TO TALK TO ANY OF THE STAFF, THEY ARE AVALIABLE. IT'S NOT LIKE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END.

NOW BE COOL IF THEY HAVE AN OFFICIAL FORUM BUT I CAN SEE WHY IT WENT THE WAY IT DID. WAS OLD AND DID NOT OFFER MUCH FOR THE COMMUNITY LIKE DAVID HERE HAS DONE FOR US. DAVID, AKA SIGHUP HAS DONE WELL WITH THIS SITE. MAINTAINING IT, UPGRADING IT, AND PUTTING THINGS TOGETHER.

STEVE WILL PUT ONE UP EVENTUALLY. AT LEAST ITS ONE HEADACHE OUT OF THE WAY FOR HIM. HAHAHA.
THEY SHOULD STILL HAVE SOME OFFICIAL SOURCE PAGES. NOT SURE IF IT HAS ONE NOW.

ALSO SPOKE ABOUT ADDING A LINK FOR THIS PAGE IN THEIRS AND DONE IT A LOONG TIME AGO, IF WE BECOME OFFICIAL, THERE WILL BE RULES TO FOLLOW. BEING JUST AS WE ARE AND WE DONT DO MUCH OF ILLIGAL THINGS WE JUST FLY UNDER THE RADAR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 8 months ago #21321

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds