Is this Robotech...?

• Thoth-Amon
  • Thoth-Amon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 0

Is this Robotech...? was created by Thoth-Amon

I bought this new and never played with it when I was a kid. Yes I know it says "Robotech" on it. Is this something that fits in any story line of the Robotech animation ?

I think they were trying to compete with Gobots and Transformers. The back of the box is dated 1985. I can take more pictures if you want. What do you think ?
14 years 8 months ago #5146

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Is this Robotech...?

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SHOULD KNOW THIS ONE BUT MEMORY IS NOT HELPING...

GREAT COLLECTION. ONE THING I WISH I CAN HAVE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #5149

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Is this Robotech...?

Thoth Amon wrote:

I bought this new and never played with it when I was a kid. Yes I know it says "Robotech" on it. Is this something that fits in any story line of the Robotech animation ?

No, I'm afraid it isn't related to any part of the Robotech animation.

As you may already know, the name "Robotech" actually comes from a line of scale Macross, Dougram, and Orguss model kits released by Revell in the early 80s under the name Robotech Defenders, and was adopted by Harmony Gold as part of a co-licensing agreement to back up their merged dub of Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada with a toy line.

The Robotech RoboLinks line is something Revell came up with to prop up their failing Robotech Defenders line, which consisted of transformable toys about two inches tall which could be combined in various patterns. The line lasted for about a year.
14 years 8 months ago #5155

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds