• isamu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol
  • Thank you received: 0

robotech magazine project was created by isamu

Finally we been given the "GO!" for the NEW ROBOTECH FAN magazine
the sad part, we have no name :(
but its going to be fun to work on one :)
so far we have (for names)

1)protoculture addicts lol j/k
2)RobotechX
3)Robotech
4)Robotech Frontier - (yeah I know but Macross fans have
their own magazine called MACROSS CHRONICLES) lol
Here's an image, so you guys dont think im making this up

see :P

Here's the cool part if you guys have ideas for the name of
magazine let us know and post here!!
they dont have to be the ones we have up
so its up too you
play with the idea
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 2 months ago #2405
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Zor-Master on topic Re:robotech magazine project

"Robotech Xtra"
15 years 2 months ago #2406

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic BUT IRe:robotech magazine project

HEHEHE, THANKS ZOR MASTER.

WELL, THE X IN ROBOTECH X STANDS FOR "EXTRA" AFTER THE FANDOM...

WOULD SOUND TO MUCH LIKE A NEWSPAPER THOUGHT..

I CHOOSE ROBOTECHX. AFTER THE SITE :cheer:

BUT ON THE FIRST COVER OF THE NUMBER ONE ISSUE, WE SHOULD DO..

ROBOTECHX
FRONTIER

JUST FOR FUN... CANT LET THE JAPANESE VERSION GET AWAY WITH ADDING CHRONICLES.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 2 months ago #2411

Replied by SDF1A on topic Re:BUT IRe:robotech magazine project

How about Robotech Chronicles
"We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams"= W. Wonka
15 years 2 months ago #2414

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:robotech magazine project

SDF1A wrote:

How about Robotech Chronicles

seconded

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Lobizon.
15 years 2 months ago #2416

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Yeah I like MEMO's idea,

ROBOTECHX By the fans, for the fans.

simple, and to the point and it looks cool at the top of this site :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 2 months ago #2421

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Will this be a print magazine or "e" only? If you print it, its gonna cost about $10 per magazine, and since you can't legally sell it, that's gonna be a problem. When I had the demo version of my magazine printed, 20 of them ran me $200 plus shipping. If its e only, it could work, but print is going to be expensive.

Now one option is to attach it to the license that I am working on for the anthology. Then it could be legally sold. We'd have the anthology and a magazine. We could keep all the art and fiction in the anthology, and all the news and articles in the magazine. How often would issues be put out? It might be hard to fill a magazine every month. You'd need about 70 pages of content. That's why I decided to go semiannually on the anthology. It gives me time to collect enough content.

www.robotechanthology.com
15 years 2 months ago #2425

• isamu
  • isamu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:robotech magazine project

as far we know its not going to hurt the anthology book
since its an fan art book
were just working on a fan magazine in reality it should
Complement each other as far as we know we got the ok from
Harmony Gold go to ahead with the project and were also
adding a calender to the issue and have a real calender
by the end of the year
so we should have a robotech calender by 2010
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by isamu.
15 years 2 months ago #2429

Replied by monkeyDhugo on topic Re:robotech magazine project

lets hope memo gets it done
15 years 2 months ago #2435

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Will this be a print magazine or "e" only?

IT WILL BE A MAGAZINE. ANYTHING WILL BE ADDITIONS FROM THIS SITE FROM ARTICLES AND SUCH OR ANYTHING EXTRA.

If you print it, its gonna cost about $10 per magazine, and since you can't legally sell it, that's gonna be a problem. When I had the demo version of my magazine printed, 20 of them ran me $200 plus shipping. If its e only, it could work, but print is going to be expensive.

WELL, WE ARE LOOKING AT THOSE OPTIONS AS OF NOW. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOT BEEING ABLE TO. EVERYTHING WE DOING HERE IN THIS FORUM IS MORE CREATIVE AND SEEING THINGS COME INTO PLAY. EXPANDING INTO THE FANDOM WITH OTHER MEMBERS WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO COME DON IN PRICE FOR THE MAGAZINE COST. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE ARE NOT OUT TO MAKE MONEY. THEN YOU HAVE THE FANDOM INPUT ON CONTENT AND SUCH. YEAH, ITS LOTS OF WORK, BUT LOOKING IN THE SAME WAY TO MAKE IT FUN. AND STILL LOOKING AROUND FOR MORE OPEN DOORS ON THIS.

Now one option is to attach it to the license that I am working on for the anthology. Then it could be legally sold.

HMMM..... AS ISAMU SAID, WE CAN COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER. EVEN LICENSES ARE OUT FOR OTHER PROJECTS OF HG. RPG, SOURCE BOOKS (ART OF ROBOTECH), COMIC BOOKS, ETC.

WE JUST ADDING MORE TO THAT PIE BY CREATINGA FANDOM MAGAZINE ON SOMETHING SEPREATE. A FANDOM BOOK IS QUITE BROAD IN CONTENT AS WELL.

We'd have the anthology and a magazine. We could keep all the art and fiction in the anthology, and all the news and articles in the magazine. How often would issues be put out? It might be hard to fill a magazine every month. You'd need about 70 pages of content. That's why I decided to go semiannually on the anthology. It gives me time to collect enough content

FIRTS, I THINK MANNY HEAR HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS ANTHOLOGY BEING MADE. DOES IT INCLUDE FAN INVOLMENT, WHAT ELSE WILL IT HAVE? PLEASE GO INTO DETAIL BECOUSE LOT OF FANS HERE PROBABLY DONT HAVE ANY CLUE OR IDEA AS TO WHAT THIS ANTHOLOGY IS OR HOW YOU COMING ABOUT IT. WHO IS WORKING ON IT AND SUCH.

NOW FOR THE MAGAZINE IS A LITTLE BIT MORE AND PROBABLY WILL HAVE INPUT FROM EVERYONE. WHY WE CALL IT A FAN MAGAZINE.DEPENDING ON THE CONTENT WE CAN HAVE MONTHLY, QUARTERLY OR JUST EVERY THREE MONTHS. LIKE I SAID, DEPENDING ON CONTENT. WE LOOKING AT JUST A FEW PAGES WITH THINGS THAT ARE AROUND THE FANDOM LIKE FAN POLLS, INTREST, ART, FICS, FAN PROJECTS. GO INTO DETAIL WITH THE FANS ON WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND EVEN A SPORTS COLUMN. ISAMU JUST SUGESTED A CALANDER WHERE HE CAN PUT HIS ART WITH A FOLDABLE MONTH CALANDER THAT PEOPLE CAN USE OR COLLECT AS THE MONTHS GO BY. EVEN PRODUCTION DESIGNS NOT SEEN AND CHARACTER DESIGNS. LITTLE MORE DETAIL THAT FANS WOULD LIKE TO SEE. SOMETHING LESS FOR THE HARDCORE BUT WILL BE A COLLECTOR EITHER WAY.

AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE MAGAZINE GOT INSIDE SCOOP OR INTERVIEWS FROM THE PRODUCTION CAST OF ALL PROJECTS EVER TO COME OUT OF HG INCLUDING THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE.

GAME IDEAS ON ROBOTECH, PRODUCTION DRAWINGS AND SUCH.

FAN INPUT AND WHATS GOING AROUND THE WORLD WITH OTHER FANDOM ORGANIZATIONS LIKE CHILE, ARGENTINA, CHINA AND EVEN JAPAN.

I MEAN, CONTENT FOR THE MAGAZINE IS MORE HUGE THAN ONE THINKS IF ONE KNOWS HOW TO ORGANIZE ITS CONTENT. THEN WE LOOK AT ITS DESIGNERS. I AM SURE FANS HERE WOULD LIKE TO PUT IN THEIR 2 CENTS AND EVEN TAKE PART IN THE MAGAZINE.

THE FINAL PAYOFF IS NOT SEEING MONEY AS A CHECK FOR SALE, WICH WOUL DPROBABLY BE NONE, BUT THAT THEY GET CREDIT FOR THE WORK ON ANY CONTENT GIVIN AND JUST TO PUT A GOOD FANDOM BOOK OUT.

SOMETHING LIKE THIS WORKS WITH FANS WHO LIKE TO DO A LITTLE MROE THAN JUST ART OR WRITE, BUT TRY OUT SOMETHING LIKE MAGAZINE PRODUCTION TO WORK OUT THEIR SKILLS.

THEN YOU HAVE ADVERTISING TO HELP PAY FOR THE COST.

ITS ACTUALLY ENDLESS IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK TOGETHER WITH MANNY FANS ESPECIALLY THE ROBOTECH FANDOM AND THE FANDOM OF THIS SITE, ROBOTECHX.

AS I SEE YOUR ANTHOLOGY, IT WILL SURELLY COMPLIMENT THE FANDOM LIKE THE ARTBOOKS DID..IS THAT THE IDEA?

BECOUSE EVEN THE ARTBOOKS WAS COMPLIMENTED WITH MANY MAGAZINES OF ROBOTECH ESPECIALLY THE PROTOCULTURE ADDICTS MAGAZINE.

LOOKING AT OTHER BOOKS, THERE BEEN MANY BOOKS BY JAPAN ON THE CONTENT OF MACROSS. NICE ARTBOOKS BUT ALL COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER.

WE CAN ALL WORK TOGETHER AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT. YOUR ANTHOLOGY SOUNDS COOL BUT GIVE US MORE INFO. LET THE MAGAZINE EXPAND ON THAT. WICH IS THE IDEA OF THE FANDOM...

THE ROBOTECH UNIVERSE.

WHEEW..LOT OF WRITTING :S
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 2 months ago #2439

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds