robotech magazine project

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:robotech magazine project

ALL IN ALL I THINK THE FANDOM IS MOVING ROBOTECH INTO NEW AREAS OF FANDANISM.

AND FOR YOU GUYS... GET PUMPED UP AND ENJOY THIS!!!!!

AND NO, ITS NOT THE REGIOUS ROLLING FLYING AROUND AT THE END. I LIKE THE MUSIC AND WHEN I HEARD IT THIS IS ALL I COULD FIND. SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A ROBOTECH AMV OUT OF THIS SONG.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 2 months ago #2440

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• xXxBAzzARxXx
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Bye Bye Mars
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by xXxBAzzARxXx on topic Re:robotech magazine project

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it would definitely:lol: be a challenge to whoever does it:lol:
WE WILL WIN!!!
15 years 2 months ago #2452

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Hmmm. I know someone who could prolly do it :D If nagg hard enough that is! Look at all that is happening, RLAM, Fandom Mag, this site, Next Animated film, New animated series, and all the stuff that goes along with them as far as merchendising. That song would be perfect in the right hands LOL
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 2 months ago #2496

• isamu
  • isamu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:robotech magazine project

well for the Robotech 25th anniversary

we will be having Robotech AMV'S
so if people want to start getting ready for it
now would be the time for it!
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 2 months ago #2505

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Well, first let me say that I don't have a license for the Anthology yet, but its not secret that I'm trying to get one.

Memo asked me to explain the anthology better, so here it is: Its a semiannual publication of Robotech Art and Fiction, mostly of fan origin, but some pro stuff hopefully. We will also have some articles and non-fiction content such as interviews and previews of upcoming HG products. For the art and fiction, anyone can submit content to the anthology and we will select the best to be included in the printed anthology. We will also have a web site with exclusive content like webisodes (full motion and audio) of the Red Feathers Saga graphic novel.

Here's the problems that I see with the fan magazine. Two years ago I was producing fan novels. These were hard copy, full size novels with full color covers. They looked just like the novels you would buy in the store, but I was making them myself and giving them away through my web site. I had a donation button on my site for people to help out with materials, ink and such. Steve shut me down for copyright infringement even though Tommy said it was all cool. So just be careful. This is the reason I decided to go with the anthology, and to go the long, convoluted process of doing it all the legal way. Until you get something in writing, this thing could all get shut down, and after a lot of work has gone into it.

That's why I offered to let you guys piggyback on my efforts to get a license. No gurante that it will work, but at least I've already got the ball rolling. To tell you the truth, I'd really rather just have all this fan content you guys plan on putting into a magazine, and roll it into the anthology. But if you insist on keeping it seperate, you could save a lot of work by putting it out through my (potential) license. Then you could collect money to cover your expenses. Otherwise you are looking at shelling out about $500 - $1000 per month out of pocket for printing, especially with lots of color like I think you guys want to have.
15 years 2 months ago #2534

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Seifrietti Weisse wrote:

Well, first let me say that I don't have a license for the Anthology yet, but its not secret that I'm trying to get one.

Memo asked me to explain the anthology better, so here it is: Its a semiannual publication of Robotech Art and Fiction, mostly of fan origin, but some pro stuff hopefully. We will also have some articles and non-fiction content such as interviews and previews of upcoming HG products. For the art and fiction, anyone can submit content to the anthology and we will select the best to be included in the printed anthology. We will also have a web site with exclusive content like webisodes (full motion and audio) of the Red Feathers Saga graphic novel.

Here's the problems that I see with the fan magazine. Two years ago I was producing fan novels. These were hard copy, full size novels with full color covers. They looked just like the novels you would buy in the store, but I was making them myself and giving them away through my web site. I had a donation button on my site for people to help out with materials, ink and such. Steve shut me down for copyright infringement even though Tommy said it was all cool. So just be careful. This is the reason I decided to go with the anthology, and to go the long, convoluted process of doing it all the legal way. Until you get something in writing, this thing could all get shut down, and after a lot of work has gone into it.

That's why I offered to let you guys piggyback on my efforts to get a license. No gurante that it will work, but at least I've already got the ball rolling. To tell you the truth, I'd really rather just have all this fan content you guys plan on putting into a magazine, and roll it into the anthology. But if you insist on keeping it seperate, you could save a lot of work by putting it out through my (potential) license. Then you could collect money to cover your expenses. Otherwise you are looking at shelling out about $500 - $1000 per month out of pocket for printing, especially with lots of color like I think you guys want to have.

I'm a tad confused here, why is it they were able to get a liscense, but not you?
the anthology has been in development for a long time, if I am not mistaken and the magazine project just sorta sprung out of no where...
at least that's how it sounds to me

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 months ago #2616

:dry: HUH? NO ONE HAS A LICENSE.

I THINK SIEFRI THINKS THE GUYS COMING UP WITH THESE IDEAS ARE JUST MEDIOCORE FANBOYS BUT IN REALITY MANY OF THE GUYS ONBOARD WHO WANT TO DO A MAG PROJECT HAVE SKILLS AND WORKED OUT IN THE INDUSTRY. AND ALSO HAVE SKILLS AND KNOW CONTATCS AS WELL TO MAKE ABOUT ANYTHING.

AND SINCE I AM REALLY CLOSE TO HG I HELP ANYONE I CAN TO SEE HOW THEIR PROJECT CAN WORK.

NOW IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER TO CREATE AS MANNY THINGS THAT THE FANDOM WANTS TO SEE CREATED. WHOEVER GETS THE LICENSE OR OK FROM HG.

EVERYONE IS COMING UP WITH GOOD IDEAS BUT LITTLE HAS COME OF THEM. AND I HAVE SEEN COMICS TO SMALL PRINT COMICS BORN. BUT NOT REALLY COME OUT IN FULL FORCE.

LET'S SAY WE ALL WORK TOGETHER AND. MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. EXAMPLE A CALENDER, MAGAZINE. ARTBOOK, AND EVEN A CHESEE GAME WITH ROBOTECH PIECES.

ALL THESE IDEAS ARE ALL OVER THE FANDOM IN RT.COM. EVEN A FANBOOTH WAS UP WAY BEFORE I GOT IT ROLLING.

JUST TAKES TEAMWORK AND GETTING THINGS TOGETHER.

ThE IDEA OF GOING ALONE AND NOT INVOLVING ANYONE OR SAYING IT CAN'T BE DONE WON'T GET NO ONE NOWHERE AND THE FAN WOULD JUST TURN IT DOWN.

BUT I BELIEVE SEIFRI WEST HAD A GOOD IDEA AND COULD ACTUALLY WORK IF. THE MAG AND ANTHOLOGY COMBINED INTO ONE PRODUCTION. TWO BOOKS COMING OUT BE NICE..
A MONTHLY 20 PAGE FANMAGAZINE AND AN ANTHOLOGY BOOK.
15 years 2 months ago #2624

NOW WHAT IS A FANDOM MAGAZINE?

THE ONE IDEA THAT'S BEEN OUT THERE AND EVEN WAY BEFORE HERE IS THAT THERE SHOULD BE A MAGAZINE, AND NOT TO COSTLY WITH ARTICLES AND PRODUCTION WORK IN A LOW COST FOR FANS TO BUY TO COLLECT WITH AS MUCH INFO OF ROBOTECH OUT THERE.

THAT BE STORY ELEMENTS FROM THE BEGGINING OF ROBOTECH, UNSEEN CHARACTER DESIGN, ROBOTECH AROUND THE WORLD, STORYS ABOUT FAN INPUT OF THE COMICS FROM THE PAST AND PRESENT, CHARACTER BIOS AND DESIGNS. INFORMATION ON THE CREATION OF ROBOTECH, FANDOM INPUT AND INTERVIEWS. PICS OF FANS AND THEIR CITYS AND COLLECTION.

FANDOM ART AND FICS AND EVEN FANDOM POLLS AND EVEN Q&A.

FANDOM TIME LINE AND ANYTHING THAT ROBOTECH IS AND BECAME TO A FAN.

AND NOW A COOL THING IS TO HAVE PRODUCTION INSIGHT OF THE LAM. I MEAN ENDLESS IDEAS ON A MAG. HECK EVEN THE SPACE FOR THE CALENDER WOULD BE NICE.

NOW ALL THIS IS VERY MUCH FOR 20 PAGES BUT THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE A MONTHLY RUN.

NOW ADD THE ANTHOLOGY WITH PROBABLY AS A GOOD COLECTOR ITEM WITH EXPANED STUFF AND FULL PAGES OF WORK I THINK TOGETHER THINGS CAN COME OUT.

WELL. THERE YA GO.

HEHEHE
15 years 2 months ago #2625

OK GUYS, AS I BRING IN THIS INFO I HAVE TALKED TO SOME OF THE GUYS AND I AM NOW STARTING TO KNOW EVERYONE HERE.

SO WHATS THE PLAN?

TOPICS ARE FIRST

THEN WE MOVE ON TO LAYOUT

THEN COMES PLACEMENT.

SO YOU GUYS WELCOME TO PUT UP SOME INPUT. NOW, TALKING WITH THE GUYS THEY ALREADY HAVE SOME IDEAS WORKED OUT AND SHONED ME SOME GOOD WORK. WE HAVE SOME FAN ARTIST AS WELL JUMPING IN TO HELP OUT WITH SOME FOLDABLE POSTERS.

SO THINGS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD BUT WILL USE PHRED HOME TO DISCUSS MORE ON THE SUBJECT THIS SATURDAY.

ONCE WE HAVE A GOOD PRESENTATION,THEN WE CAN WORK ON IT.

NOW, TALKING WITH HG IN THE MEETING, FOR A FANDOM MAG TO GROW WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER. DONT MATTER WHO IS IN CHARGE BUT FANDOM INPUT ON THE MAG IS WELCOMED.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 2 months ago #2730

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:robotech magazine project

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

OK GUYS, AS I BRING IN THIS INFO I HAVE TALKED TO SOME OF THE GUYS AND I AM NOW STARTING TO KNOW EVERYONE HERE.

SO WHATS THE PLAN?

TOPICS ARE FIRST

THEN WE MOVE ON TO LAYOUT

THEN COMES PLACEMENT.

SO YOU GUYS WELCOME TO PUT UP SOME INPUT. NOW, TALKING WITH THE GUYS THEY ALREADY HAVE SOME IDEAS WORKED OUT AND SHONED ME SOME GOOD WORK. WE HAVE SOME FAN ARTIST AS WELL JUMPING IN TO HELP OUT WITH SOME FOLDABLE POSTERS.

SO THINGS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD BUT WILL USE PHRED HOME TO DISCUSS MORE ON THE SUBJECT THIS SATURDAY.

ONCE WE HAVE A GOOD PRESENTATION,THEN WE CAN WORK ON IT.

NOW, TALKING WITH HG IN THE MEETING, FOR A FANDOM MAG TO GROW WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER. DONT MATTER WHO IS IN CHARGE BUT FANDOM INPUT ON THE MAG IS WELCOMED.

Well I've only vowed to be a part of one robotech fan project for now, which would be the anthology Brian is working on putting together. But I've also been asked to do the colors for the cover, but eh I just don't think I'd have the time right now, maybe a few days ago I did , but lately I've been busy with my own things so anyone else who is good at colouring, feel free to take it from here haha

also don't forget that you guys can also submit to Brian's Anthology. in fact, I've got a sample copy he sent me, and I have to say it looks great, professional quality in my humble opinion.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 months ago #2733

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds