robotech magazine project

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Adam_Schiller on topic Re:robotech magazine project

HappyPenguins wrote:

also don't forget that you guys can also submit to Brian's Anthology. in fact, I've got a sample copy he sent me, and I have to say it looks great, professional quality in my humble opinion.

Very true. MSgt McAfee has been running the campaign to create an all-fan Robotech fanzine for almost a year, now. Taking off of his lead instead of starting an all-new one would be a lot more efficient and get the product ready for everyone to see a lot sooner.
15 years 2 months ago #2734

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Adam_Schiller wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

also don't forget that you guys can also submit to Brian's Anthology. in fact, I've got a sample copy he sent me, and I have to say it looks great, professional quality in my humble opinion.

Very true. MSgt McAfee has been running the campaign to create an all-fan Robotech fanzine for almost a year, now. Taking off of his lead instead of starting an all-new one would be a lot more efficient and get the product ready for everyone to see a lot sooner.

yes, and besides he needs more content for it

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 months ago #2735

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:robotech magazine project

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU GUYS. AND I ALSO HAD THE PRIVLIGE OF SEEING BRIANS WORK. VERY SUPERB INDEED. FROM THE BEGGINING AND WHAT WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT IT FELT MORE LIKE ANOTHER WELL ARTBOOK. LOOKING AT IT NOW, AND IF YOU GUYS HAVE TEH COPY THAT WHAT IT FEELS LIKE AND LOOKS LIKE.

SINCE OTHER FANS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH BRIAN, AND REMEMBER, BRIAN HAD THIS THING UNDER WRAPS AND NOT MANNY FANS KNOW ABOUT IT, AND THANX TO RTX, MORE FANS ARE JOINING IN THE CRUSADE TO EXPAND TEH FANDOM AND THE POSSIBILITYS ARE ENDLESS....

WELL, THERE HAVE BEEN OTHER IDEAS THAT ARE NOT LIKE THE ARTBOOK. NOW NOT ALL CAN WORK ON IT AND NO ONE HAS SEEN A FINISHED PRODUCT LIKE TEH ARTBOOK. BUT ONE CAN HOLD JUDGMENT TILL THE MAGAZINE IDEA WOULD HAVE COME OUT. AND I SEEN SOME OF THE ART THESE GUYS AHVE DONE AND JUST LIKE BRIAN, THESE GUYS WORKED THE IDEA AS WELL TO TOMMY (HG CREATIVE DIRECTOR).

SO WHERE OR WHAT HAPPENS?

WELL THE ARTBOOK BECOMES VERY EXPENSIVE AND HUGE WHILE THE MAGAZINE IS SMALL AND INEXPENSIVE AND SINCE THE RIGHTS TO SUCH ANY PUBLICATION IS IN LIMBO TILL HG WORKS OUT THE DETAILS WITH WB YOU CAN EXPECT THE FANDOM OR SUCH PROJECTS TO BE OVERSEEN AND UP TO HELD BACK.

WICH GIVES MORE TIME FOR PEOPLE TO WORK ON THEM. I TALKED TO TOMMY ABOUT SOME OF THE IDEAS AND KNOWS ALSO ABOUT BRIANS ARTBOOK. SO IN COMES THE GAMBIT OF PUTTING TWO THINGS TOGTHER. WHY AS OF NOW BRIAN HAS GONE FROM ARTBOOK TO ANTHOLOGY WICH LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS AND IN ONE BOOK.

WE THE FANDOM ALTOGETHER WANT A SUCCESFULL FANDOM PRINT REGARDLESS IF THE RIGHTS ARE NOT PASSED OUT. AND SINCE TOMMY HAVE SEEN BOTH IDEAS HE REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM COME TOGETHER.

I SEE BOTH SIDE OF THE GROUPS AND I THINK COMING TOGETHER ON THIS CAN REALLY MAKE A GREAT BOOK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 2 months ago #2736

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Wow this is a fantastic idea guys i would love to help in any way i could.
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 2 months ago #2737

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Amazeing to think so much is out there. getting one ofthese off the ground is deffinitly a must! :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 2 months ago #2740

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:robotech magazine project

But if it came "together" what would it be then? a magazine or a book?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 months ago #2745

But if it came "together" what would it be then? a magazine or a book?

ANTHOLOGY!!!!!

BRIAN BEEN AWOL FOR A WHILE SINCE A COUPLE OF THREADS BACK. BUT HE POSTED THAT HIS BOOK IS EXPANDING AND I THINK HE WILL MAKE IT WORK. SO HIS ARTBOOK IS NOW THE ANTHOLOGY PROJECT AND HE SAID TO SUBMIT IDEAS AND WORK.

WHEN I SPOKE TO TOMMY ABOUT THE GUYS AND THE MAG HE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THE ARTBOOK. BUT HE WAS ALSO JAZZED ABOUT A ROBOTECH MAG. FIGURING THAT WE ARE THE SAME FANDOM AND LOOKS LIKE BRIAN CAN EXPAND ON THE IDEA OF THE ARTBOOK TO AN ANTHOLOGY WICH WILL PROBABLY COVER BOOTH THEN YOU HAVE MORE INPUT AND FANS PAYING A LITTLE LESS FOR A CONTINUESS RUN OF A ARTBOOK/MAG COMBINATION EVERY FEW MONTHS THAN AN ARTBOOK WITH A HEAVIER PRICE TAG THAT WOULD COME OUT TWICE A YEAR OR QUARTALY.

THE MACROSS CHRONICLES MAG COMES OUT MONTHLY I THINK. AT 10DLRS AN ISSUE AND 20 PAGES LONG, IT HAS ART, ORIGINAL DESIGNS, TOY INFO FROM PAST AND PRESENT, INTERVIEWS, 2 POSTERS, ETC, ETC.

IT KINDA STAYS TRU TO TO OTHER OF THE MACROSS COLLECTABLE ARTBOOKS. JUST MORE CLEANER AND NEWER AND PROMOTING IT IN THE STATES WITH THE WORDS "MACROSS CHRONICLES". DONT KNOW IF TO GET THE REGULAR ROBOTECH FANDOM WHO ALREADY KNOW ABOUT SHADOW CHRONICLES AND SEE IF FANS WOULD PICK IT UP.

ROBOTECH ANTHOLOGY IS STILL VAGUE IN MY MIND BECOUSE BRIAN IS MORPHING IT TO SOMETHING MORE AND TILL HE COMES OUT WITH MORE INFO OR PLANING OR IDEAS THEN WE WOULD HAVE TO WAIT.

BUT WE ALL WANT A SUCCESFULL RUN AND TEH GUYS AT HG AS WELL. THEY REALLY DONT JUST HAND OUT RIGHTS TO FANS... HEHEHE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. AND I HOPE SOMETHING THAT COMPLIMENTS EVERYTHING IN ONE PACKAGE AT A LOWER COST AND PRINTS OUT MOR EFASTER I THINK CAN REALLY KEEP THE FANDOM UP TO DATE VISUALLY OUT THERE TO FANS THAT ARE NOT REGULARS IN THE FORUMS.

NOT MANY HANG OUT HERE BUT THEY WOULD SURE BUY ROBOTECH.
15 years 2 months ago #2752

WOW!!!!

SHOULD HAVE CHECKED MY EMAIL BEFORE I POSTED.

BRIAN CAME BACK AND YES, LOOKS LIKE THE WORK WILL BE DONE IN ONE BOOK AND WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER.

AT THE TIME, BRIAN IS HAVING SOME FAMILY ISSUES AND WISH HIM THE BEST. WHY HE BEEN AWOL AND WILL BE OCUPIED FOR A WHILE.

SO CHEERS FOR THE ANTHOLOGY.
NOW WILL TALK TO THE GUYS HERE IN CALI AND WORK WITH SOME SUBMISSIONS AND IDEAS.
15 years 2 months ago #2756

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Ok, first let me say that I, Seifrietti, am the "Brian" that Memo and HappyPenguins are talking about. I can see how this would be confusing for anyone who doesn't know me.

Anyway, the reason my anthology was going to be semiannual was because I didn't have enough content for a quarterly or monthly publication. Now, if indeed there will be a whole new source of content opening up, the anthology can move to a more frequent publication.

Again, if you have any quesitons just ask. Like Memo said, I'm having some family problems and will probably be on the road quite a bit but I will try to answer. Also, check out the FAQs on www.robotechanthology.com .

Still, before anyone asks, there are no dates established for this thing yet. Also, we do have a cover design finalized, but I'm not ready go public with it yet. Finally, the content which appears on my web site is not necessarily what will be in the first issue. The site contains samples of what was in the demo copy that some people are talking about. I had 20 of them made and sent to various people including Memo, Harmony Gold, HappyPenguins, and all the people who contributed to its creation. The content of the first issue will be significantly different.
15 years 2 months ago #2770

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re:robotech magazine project

Ok, it occured to me that the reason this whole mixup happened is because I have been keeping this whole project a little too close to the chest. Now, I'm not making any promises, but in the event that I get my family issues under control and I can make it to the launch day celebration, I will bring a copy of the anthology for all to see. Maybe one lucky partygoer will even take it home.

Now the question is how do we decide who that lucky individual will be?:unsure:
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Seifrietti-Weisse.
15 years 2 months ago #2787
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds