ROBOTECH: Modelers Resource Center

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:ROBOTECH: Modelers Resource Center

Hey Mark! Got a new one for ya! So I want to kitbash a Megahouse Rand/Rey into one of the Military Police Cyclones out of the PTTSC comic. My first question is: Can the larger Megahouse Dark Stick tires fit on the frame of the smaller appearing front and rear axle frame of the rand/ rey cyclone(ride armor)? Next; what kinds of weapons would you say are similar to some of the newer weapons used in the PTTSC books and where would you suggest buying some (eg: kinda like the loose or spare weapon packs they used to make for the GI Joe
3 3/4" sized figs)

Thanks again
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 9 months ago #12892

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:ROBOTECH: Modelers Resource Center

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Hey Mark! Got a new one for ya! So I want to kitbash a Megahouse Rand/Rey into one of the Military Police Cyclones out of the PTTSC comic. My first question is: Can the larger Megahouse Dark Stick tires fit on the frame of the smaller appearing front and rear axle frame of the rand/ rey cyclone(ride armor)? Next; what kinds of weapons would you say are similar to some of the newer weapons used in the PTTSC books and where would you suggest buying some (eg: kinda like the loose or spare weapon packs they used to make for the GI Joe
3 3/4" sized figs)

Thanks again

Ok, I'm gonna answer part of this tonight and update after some research.

Ok as for the first question. Now both my Rey and Dark Stick are still sealed so I can only make an approximation. But judging from what I can see the rim size of the Rey type tires appears to be smaller then the Dark Stick rim size. So they wouldn't fit properly. Now you would be able to use the rim and tires from the Dark Stick on the Rey Cyclone as the basic frame is still the same for both.

Now the weapons question I'll need to research to give you a better answer. Any specific weapons you are searching for. If you have an issue and page that would help me narrow it down.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 9 months ago #12896

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Mark Warlock wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

3 3/4" sized figs)

Thanks again

Ok, I'm gonna answer part of this tonight and update after some research.

Ok as for the first question. Now both my Rey and Dark Stick are still sealed so I can only make an approximation. But judging from what I can see the rim size of the Rey type tires appears to be smaller then the Dark Stick rim size. So they wouldn't fit properly. Now you would be able to use the rim and tires from the Dark Stick on the Rey Cyclone as the basic frame is still the same for both.

Now the weapons question I'll need to research to give you a better answer. Any specific weapons you are searching for. If you have an issue and page that would help me narrow it down.

The fifth issue page 2. The newer rifles that the cyclones have. I was going to cast a mold of the gallant rifle for my Shinobu/ Sue Graham CM Ride Armor thats on the way. But I also want to have the extra rifle for the Ray/ Rand Cyclone Kitbash project.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
13 years 9 months ago #12901

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:ROBOTECH: Modelers Resource Center

This is probably one of the best topics on this board. Too bad not too many people are into this kinda stuff. I have an extra MPC cyclone and am currently working on a Yellow Dancer custom version. The amount of bondo and styrene has been a chore and a half, but it's very slowly getting there.

I also noticed someone complaining about the MPC Jack Archer. Not sure about you guys, but I purchased several Yamato unassembled 1/60 scale Valkyries, and maybe making a Jack Archer custom. Since the heads are about the same size, it should fit nicely with the 1/60 scale.

All you guys working on stuff should put up pics of your progress. And, if you guys do have questions on parts and tools, let me just add that you can never get enough. Jeweler's tools, sandpaper, putty, exacto knives, heck, I even use Ohashi (chop sticks) for some things, and a ton of tape. With the internet, there's always a how to, in order to find out how to do new things. Most things can be corrected if you make a mistake, so don't be afraid to take educated chances. That's how you get good at this practice.
13 years 9 months ago #12906

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Towgrin wrote:

This is probably one of the best topics on this board. Too bad not too many people are into this kinda stuff. I have an extra MPC cyclone and am currently working on a Yellow Dancer custom version. The amount of bondo and styrene has been a chore and a half, but it's very slowly getting there.

I also noticed someone complaining about the MPC Jack Archer. Not sure about you guys, but I purchased several Yamato unassembled 1/60 scale Valkyries, and maybe making a Jack Archer custom. Since the heads are about the same size, it should fit nicely with the 1/60 scale.

All you guys working on stuff should put up pics of your progress. And, if you guys do have questions on parts and tools, let me just add that you can never get enough. Jeweler's tools, sandpaper, putty, exacto knives, heck, I even use Ohashi (chop sticks) for some things, and a ton of tape. With the internet, there's always a how to, in order to find out how to do new things. Most things can be corrected if you make a mistake, so don't be afraid to take educated chances. That's how you get good at this practice.

Making a custom yf-1r out of yamato valks would be very interesting, you'd need the head lasers off of a vf-1j and the primary head would be that of a vf-1a. Id love to see it. I know besides this rt project I want to work on my macross vf25f conversion to a vf2ss. I just need a complete, inexpensive vf25f 1/60 first.
13 years 9 months ago #12907

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Towgrin wrote:

Making a custom yf-1r out of yamato valks would be very interesting, you'd need the head lasers off of a vf-1j and the primary head would be that of a vf-1a. Id love to see it. I know besides this rt project I want to work on my macross vf25f conversion to a vf2ss. I just need a complete, inexpensive vf25f 1/60 first.

I've been able to work the MPC head to fit onto the Yamato 1/60. Some may call it sacrilidge, but my Jack Archer is next to worthless, and has the loose garbage as well. I've puttied the base of the head, and am using circular pieces of styrene to make the head fit right.
13 years 9 months ago #12914

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Here is a generalized pick of what I want to use and what I want to do.

File Attachment:

File Name: Presentation1.jpg
File Size:97 KB
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
13 years 9 months ago #12926
Attachments:

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Got a new one to tackle and I need help. I've recently gotten an aoshima legioss, and I dare not open the hands. In fact I'm looking to replace them outright. I have the replacement hands, how do I remove the old ones?
13 years 6 months ago #13714

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Got a new one to tackle and I need help. I've recently gotten an aoshima legioss, and I dare not open the hands. In fact I'm looking to replace them outright. I have the replacement hands, how do I remove the old ones?

I've been able to remove the parts of the Legioss arm section, and although possible, it isn't easy. I used a doubled up exacto knife, and soaked the items in a mix of Pinesol and slightly less than boiled lemon juice to remove the globs of glue inside of it. It takes time, and if you're going to break any pieces, do it from the base pieces and not the smaller parts. That worked for me, and if you try it, I hope it works for you. Not all Legioss were the same, and not all used the same amount of glue. The trick is using slow amounts of pressure and ease into stressing apart the glued pieces. If anyone else has any suggestions that are better, I'm sure there's something out there, but that's what I used to brittle the glue and make it able to split from that section.
13 years 6 months ago #13715

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Towgrin wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I've been able to remove the parts of the Legioss arm section, and although possible, it isn't easy. I used a doubled up exacto knife, and soaked the items in a mix of Pinesol and slightly less than boiled lemon juice to remove the globs of glue inside of it. It takes time, and if you're going to break any pieces, do it from the base pieces and not the smaller parts. That worked for me, and if you try it, I hope it works for you. Not all Legioss were the same, and not all used the same amount of glue. The trick is using slow amounts of pressure and ease into stressing apart the glued pieces. If anyone else has any suggestions that are better, I'm sure there's something out there, but that's what I used to brittle the glue and make it able to split from that section.

Hi towgrin,

Thanks for that advice. Before I give it a shot let me ask, did that solution you used damage the colors to the toy?
13 years 6 months ago #13718

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds