VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

No doubt, this is strickly my opinion, but unless you have finished smaller scale projects, I bet you will fail as many many other fan projects. Reading your posts like "we started but now need a script" I already see typical symthoms for that.

@Dartallion
How is that MMO going on? No offence, but you have a gift to pick up unrealistic projects.

By fan project I mean something based on Robotech/Macross IP. Those UEG people were forced to change design and others copyright protected materials. So I do not mean their sort of project.

If you are wondering why I am saying all that, here is my reply. Being involed in fan project myself for more than 2.5 years I state: 3d person/arcade avia simulator game is the best option for fan project nowadays. It is feasible in comparision to MMOs and films.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 2 months ago #9211

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Nikolay116

No doubt, this is strickly my opinion

OF COURSE

but unless you have finished smaller scale projects, I bet you will fail as many many other fan projects.

WHEN THEY ARE DONE BY THE FANDOM AND NOT A COMPANY THEN YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO FINISH SUCH TASK.

Reading your posts like "we started but now need a script" I already see typical symthoms for that.

ONE OF THE GRIPES ABOUT FANS ARE "WHY IS THERE NOTHING' OR 'NO NEWS" WHICH I DON'T HAVE TO FALL UNDER THAT CATEGORY IN A FANDOM PROJECT. I POST AS I GO WITH THE WORK.

@Dartallion
How is that MMO going on? No offence, but you have a gift to pick up unrealistic projects.

HE COULD DEFEND HIMSELF BUT A FAN FILM IS HIS PROJECT. HE HAS DEDICATED HIS WORK TO IT. AND A FAN PAGE. WE JUST DECIDED TO UNITE OUR RESOURCES TO WORK ON ONE COMMON FILM.

ONE OF HIS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS WAS HIS WORK ON THE SDF1-LAUNCH PARTY AND SHIRTS. INCLUDING THE STAGE THAT MICHAEL BRADLEY PLAYED IN. AS WELL AS THE CAPS. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE 3D MODELS HE STILL WORKS ON.

VERY REALISTIC PROJECTS

By fan project I mean something based on Robotech/Macross IP. Those UEG people were forced to change design and others copyright protected materials. So I do not mean their sort of project.

THIS IS NEWS TO ME. HOW WERE THEY FORCED? LOT OF FANS DOING THINGS WITH THE IP'S. HECK, WE SEE THEM IN BOTH WORLDS, ROBOTECH AND MACROSS.

AS LONG AS YOU DONT SELL THEM YOU ARE JUST FINE.

If you are wondering why I am saying all that, here is my reply. Being involed in fan project myself for more than 2.5 years I state: 3d person/arcade avia simulator game is the best option for fan project nowadays. It is feasible in comparision to MMOs and films.

GOOD FOR YOU. YOU BEEN GIVING US UPDATES AND THANKS. EVEN THOUGHT IT TOOK YOU YEARS THE IDEA IS THAT YOU LETTING US KNOW OF YOUR PROGRESS..

WAIT, IS THAT NOT THE IDEA ABOUT TALKING OF THE FAN FILM PROJECT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9214

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Nikolay116 wrote:

Those UEG people were forced to change design and others copyright protected materials. So I do not mean their sort of project.......

This is news to me as well. And i would be the one to know such things wouldnt i :)

The design changes are merely us "taking some creative liberties" .If something is based on some IP.. it doesnt mean you need to folow it to the letter. In fact if you look closer we kept quite a bit of the original designwork. Updated some... replaced other..

Our project is a Fan project as any other...

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 2 months ago #9244

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

UEG_Productions wrote:

Nikolay116 wrote:

Those UEG people were forced to change design and others copyright protected materials. So I do not mean their sort of project.......

This is news to me as well. And i would be the one to know such things wouldnt i :)

The design changes are merely us "taking some creative liberties" .If something is based on some IP.. it doesnt mean you need to folow it to the letter. In fact if you look closer we kept quite a bit of the original designwork. Updated some... replaced other..

Our project is a Fan project as any other...

Correct me if I am wrong but you are (UEG) trying to get some money out of the movie, is not it?
14 years 2 months ago #9245

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

You are quite wrong..Genesis is a non profit fan project. We have not, we do not, and we will not be getting any money from it...

We have stated this on numerous ocasions so far.. but somehow the question keeps emerging. Must be due to the quality of our work...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 2 months ago #9246

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Ok, then it is even more not clear to me why you change so much in the design?

People like macross/robotech for all kinds of reasons, but the main two: are plot/characters and VFs. I did not watch your movie, maybe you put the accent on the first part, but why change VFs so much if this is a non profit project? Based on the discussion at least at macrossworld.com I can judge that you lost quite some audience.
14 years 2 months ago #9248

Well let me try to clear it up a bit. First let me say Genesis will not be a movie. But a Web series. With 10 minutes episodes released every few months for online viewing and download. The Animation for Episode one is Complete. And we are now in the process of Voice recording and Scoring..

Genesis Features an Original Score, is Done in Full HD 1080p.. and also features some very interesting voices (will be anounced soon).......

Here is the latest Preview

Or Download in HD from

www.united-earth-group.com/assets/traile...ni%20Teaser%20HD.avi

The first few episode center around ZOR and the events prior to the SDF1's journey to earth...

The plot is the same.. we are nearly exploring some unexplored parts of it... and introducing some elements which do not interfere with the main plot.

And about the design part

Some of the designs simply didnt work for us... and we took the creative liberties to introduce some new ones. Some of them (such as uniforms) needed heavy modernisation. Some took some minor changes (the SDF1, the Zentraedi Cruisers.).. some were left intact (The Oberths, The Armor Cruisers.. )

On the Other hand some are completely replaced. For example the SDF1 Bridge is completely revamped . The VF is completely replaced. Its transformation sequence is a lot more complicated....

We are introducing a large amount of Mecha and ship designs as well... Placed as Predecesors of some of the later models. (Such as the Proto Bioroids, or the Masters mothership Predecesor)

The bottom line is.... We are apsolutely basing our project on Robotech (Not Macross..), but we are taking the liberty to present it in our own way. I bellieve the audience will like it very much once released. You can call it a Fan made Revamp of Robotech :)
14 years 2 months ago #9250

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

UEG productions
Not bad.If I am correct the mecha I saw was similar to the Masters Bioroid.They look better with what you did because the ones in Masters looks kind of plain.

Nice work in that vid you posted.And are you making Zor and the SDF-1 past stories similar to what was in Robotech: The Graphic Novel? because it had some stuff that explains Zor's past and somewhere I got Genesis comics about Zor and even has the card still inside.

Suddenly I want to dig them up and read them.
14 years 2 months ago #9251

@Pizza the Hutt

Good assumptions. On both topics.

The story is inspired by both the Graphic Novel and the Legend of Zor Comic series. Not exactly the same.. but similar.. And heavily expanded.

Dig them up ..

About the Bioroid. Thanks. In the video you can see the design we code named MARK I.. Basicaly should be the first bioroid which entered mass production.

14 years 2 months ago #9252

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Based on the discussion at least at macrossworld.com I can judge that you lost quite some audience.

HOPE YOU NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LICENSING DEBATE THREAD.. WHERE DISCUSSIONS GO ROUND AND ROUND NOT KNOWING MUCH OF WHAT REALLY IS OUT THERE.

I KNEW ABOUT THIS PROJECT AND LOT OF INFORMATION OUT THERE THAT MORE THAN WHAT PEOPLE SAY.

BUT HEY, I SEE YOU ASKING THE MAN HIMSELF AND HE LETTING YOU KNOW FROM WORD OF MOUTH.

NOT TO BE RUDE AGAINST THE ORIGINAL ANIMATION BUT A AMP ON THE DESIGNS IS WHAT IT NEEDS. NOT ONLY WILL IT ATTRACT REGULAR FANS BUT MORE OUT THERE FROM NON ROBOTECH FANS.

AND ANOTHER PROJECT THAT I HAVE SEEN START AND PATIENTLY WAITING FOR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9259

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds