Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

SIGHUP wrote:

Digging up old threads i see.

keep it civil.

You betcha! B)
11 years 10 months ago #19071

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Quick question Zen, what ever happened to those studio produced Macross: Final Outpost Earth and Macross 3D film projects?

Still waiting! B)

Atleast, fans produce when they can in their spare time like Cesar Turturro and Creavision. But when fulltime filmmakers can't put together something with some funding and talent.

Don't you find that a little embarrassing?

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 10 months ago #19073

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MaverickLSC wrote:

Quick question Zen, what ever happened to those studio produced Macross: Final Outpost Earth and Macross 3D film projects?

Still waiting! B)

You're asking me about Macross Projects....stuff I have never covered nor follow....so what do I have to do with that??

Ohhh wait a minute...Are we trying to "Macross Purist" me?.....Awww! Should I feel special? :P

And if you noticed.....
I was the the one who brought the news about Cesar Turturro's project here to RobotechX in January 2011...

Atleast, fans produce when they can in their spare time like Cesar Turturro and Creavision. But when fulltime filmmakers can't put together something with some funding and talent.

You're absolutely RIGHT and Harmony Gold should be emabarrased of themselves! Good catch!

Don't you find yourself a little bit embarrassed now?

Oh and say hi to Kevin for me!

:woohoo:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Zen72.
11 years 10 months ago #19074

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

You're asking me about Macross Projects....stuff I have never covered nor follow....so what do I have to do with that??

It's because even some fan projects can have results than say the professonal funded ones.

And if you noticed.....I was the the one who brought the news about Cesar Turturro's project here to RobotechX in January 2011...

No one here denies you that and your point is?

MaverickLSC wrote;

Zen72 wrote;

You're absolutely RIGHT and Harmony Gold should be emabarrased of themselves! Good catch!

Don't you find yourself a little bit embarrassed now?

No, I don't considering the fans do start off well in these projects. But the key here is consistency. I'll ask you one question Zen, have you ever seen a completed profressional looking fan project be it Robotech or another anime property.

Simple answer is no, anime is so much smaller than sci-fi greats like Star Wars and Star Trek, so the support will always be smaller. But fans continue unabaited because they do this out of love of the property. Not to prove a point, fans do what they do out of enjoyment.

Tell me Zen, Why do you do it? You have to have fun in your creative endeavors, right?
11 years 10 months ago #19075

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

I never thought I'd see the day where MaverickLSC would end up ripping on HG by saying "even some fan projects can have results than say the professonal funded ones".
11 years 10 months ago #19076

ps99041 wrote;

I never thought I'd see the day where MaverickLSC would end up ripping on HG by saying "even some fan projects can have results than say the professonal funded ones".

Obviously you didn't catch the context of the message, it wasn't intended at HG at all, but aimed squarely at Shoji Kawamori and Galaxy Films. And it wasn't a rip but stating a fact.

I thought I made it quite clear! :)
11 years 10 months ago #19077

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

MaverickLSC wrote:

I'll ask you one question Zen, have you ever seen a completed profressional looking fan project be it Robotech or another anime property.

Simple answer is no, anime is so much smaller than sci-fi greats like Star Wars and Star Trek, so the support will always be smaller. But fans continue unabaited because they do this out of love of the property. Not to prove a point, fans do what they do out of enjoyment.

Tell me Zen, Why do you do it? You have to have fun in your creative endeavors, right?

Right, Zen doesn't like anything MACROSS, except for ROBOTECH: The Macross Saga.

Well, I've never seen a "profressional" looking project, but have seen a few professional looking anime projects. Naruto, Bleach, and Street Fighter. While certainly NOT ROBOTECH, they are there. Just because YOU haven't seen them doesn't mean they do not exist.

Yes, projects should be and mostly are done for fun without ulterior motives.

Just keep them coming.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
11 years 10 months ago #19078

Sighup wrote;

Yes, projects should be and mostly are done for fun without ulterior motives.

Agreed, I hope some people realise this. Fan projects should be out of pure enjoyment and nothing else.

have you ever seen a completed profressional looking fan project be it Robotech or another anime property.

Just because YOU haven't seen them doesn't mean they do not exist.

Agreed, however I did indicate anime fan projects! Anime as in film! ;)
11 years 10 months ago #19080

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

As usual Mav....you twist and weave...so your responses don't come as a surprise....

You really didn't answer much of my response and just deviated as usual....

It's because even some fan projects can have results than say the professonal funded ones.

I asked you what do I have to do with Macross Projects?.....you really didn't respond to that...

No one here denies you that and your point is?

My "point" about putting up Cesar's project is you make it sound like I'm a Johnny Come Lately to this which obviously I'm not.....so your response really makes no sense...

No, I don't considering the fans do start off well in these projects. But the key here is consistency. I'll ask you one question Zen, have you ever seen a completed profressional looking fan project be it Robotech or another anime property.

And you got ALL THAT out of me saying HG should be embarrassed for themselves and that if you feel embarrassed for outing your boys at HG???

Umm....ok. :blink:

Do what? The Protoculture Times Podcast?....I did it to have fun and a homage of something that I enjoyed in my youth...and i had a helluva time doing it..GREAT TIMES.BUT..it's a cartoon and that's all.....I don't obsess or have to be in it 24/7 like you and others thinking that it somehow enhances my life. Sorry but not not a cartoon. I did the podcast....did it better than what was out there....and I'm proud of it.

In keeping my word to SIGHUP and keeping it civil....really don't have anything else to say to you Mav....if you want to get the last word in and bait, which is your forte...be my guest.....or we can take this to PMs and not clutter this thread as what I was asking was specific questions to MEMO.....

Not you. :dry:

Seeya!

JT

P.S. SIGHUP....I do like the original SDFM and DYRL... :)
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Zen72.
11 years 10 months ago #19081

Zen72 wrote;

I asked you what do I have to do with Macross Projects?

Um, I never asked that you were! ;)

Do what? The Protoculture Times Podcast?....I did it to have fun and a homage of something that I enjoyed in my youth...and i had a helluva time doing it..GREAT TIMES.BUT..it's a cartoon and that's all.....I don't obsess or have to be in it 24/7 like you and others thinking that it somehow enhances my life. Sorry but not not a cartoon. I did the podcast....did it better than what was out there....and I'm proud of it.

And you should feel rightfully so, you should be proud of your accomplishments.

However I see myself follow it like a average joe, I have a mortgage, a wife and a son. I spend most of my time with my son more than anything. However there's no wrong in spending time with Robotech or watching Football or playing video games etc. Everyone has a right on how they want to spend their free time.

I don't obsess or have to be in it 24/7 like you and others thinking that it somehow enhances my life.

No one does Zen, that's the whole point. In the real world we're all just a number, no one really cares about you except your family and friends come and go as time flies. Yeah, it kind of sucks but that's the reality. To really enhance your life is to find true friends and keep your family close.

Do what makes you happy and try to be a good person. We're all trying to be the best person we can be. Especially when you get older you realize that you're not immortal.

Think of this, by the time you're 38 statistically speaking you've lived passed the half way mark of your life. So why sweat the small stuff, why worry about the small things.

Anyway Zen I'm trying to help you. Giving some advice from someone whose been there. :)
11 years 10 months ago #19083

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds