VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Zen72 wrote:

You still haven't answered the bulk of my questions though.....So what gives? Are you "Cary Fukunaging" again?

And do you have pictures of your studio?....if i'm quoting you correctly....

"STUDIO WILL BE BUILT IN PARIS, RIVERSIDE, CA.
HARLEY KNOX BLVD AND 215 EXIT. "

:woohoo:

SIGH ALREADY ASKED YOU TO BE CIVIL... SO MOVING ON TO YOUR QUESTIONS.

BTW.....what ever happened to this grand project?

IT EVOLVED INTO AN ANIMATION PROJECT.

Was the studio built?

NO

Was the script finalized?

WORK IN PROGRESS

Were you able to dumpster dive and get plywood?

NOPE

What do the costumes look like?

EVOLVED TO AN ANIMATION PROJECT.

Did Tommy give his blessing? (oops, wrong question to ask, LOOK WHO I AM ASKING???)

DON'T NEED IT.

Do you have preproduction pictures?

ALREADY POSTED SOME.

When is the release date of the finished product???

TENTATIVE. SHOOTING FOR A 2012 TEASER AND FIRST WEB EPISODE.

"STUDIO WILL BE BUILT IN PARIS, RIVERSIDE, CA.
HARLEY KNOX BLVD AND 215 EXIT. "
:woohoo:

WE ONLINE FOR NOW.THE TEAM ARE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRY'S AS WELL. USA, ARGENTINA, CANADA, ECUADOR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19084

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

See...that's ALL I asked.....to Memo and no one else!

Thank you for responding!
11 years 9 months ago #19085

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

Zen72 wrote:

See...that's ALL I asked.....to Memo and no one else!

Thank you for responding!

WHILE YOU POSTED THIS I EDITED MY POST TO ADD A FINAL QUESTION.

AND NO PROBLEM.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #19087

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

MaverickLSC wrote:

Agreed, however I did indicate anime fan projects! Anime as in film! ;)

I meant film. Live-action. Yes, they exist.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
11 years 9 months ago #19088

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: VERMILION PRODUCTIONS, AN RT FAN FILMS WORKS

I assume Mav's bait was meant for me, so I guess I'll take it.
MaverickLSC wrote:

Quick question Zen, what ever happened to those studio produced Macross: Final Outpost Earth and Macross 3D film projects?

Still waiting! B)

You can stop waiting, Mav. They'll never come out.

(Note: in this response, I'm confining myself, as Mav does, to films (whether animated or live-action) and games. If I also included things like comics, novels, toys, model kits, audio dramas, etc., I'd be typing all night.)

First off, for the uninitiated, Macross's semi-sorta revival in 1994 (after the disappointment of Macross II) was meant to be three-pronged, rather than two. Along with Macross Plus and Macross 7, there was also meant to be a live-action film, co-produced in Hollywood. Pretty much the only info about it is on a VHS tape distributed (I believe) to the Macross fan club. It shows some pages of a script (in English) and a few mecha designs. Nothing more was heard on the subject, and it is quite effectively dead at this point.

Likewise, for the 20th anniversary of Macross, along with Macross Zero, there was meant to be a third VF-X game, called Macross 3D. A trailer was made and included on the Macross 20th Anniversary DVD. The game, however, was never released.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Atleast, fans produce when they can in their spare time like Cesar Turturro and Creavision. But when fulltime filmmakers can't put together something with some funding and talent.

Don't you find that a little embarrassing?

Mav...

True, Mav, but I don't find it embarrassing. Maybe you're a little unclear on how Hollywood works. You see, only a small number of projects that are optioned and, yes, even developed ever make it to the big screen. It happens all the time, and it's often a real shame.

However, as I said (and as you well know) two other Macross projects initiated at the same time DID make it into production: Plus and 7. As such, why be a pessimist and look at the glass as 1/3 empty, when you could be looking at it as 2/3 full?

Likewise, it's sad that Macross 3D never came out, but we got Macross Zero to help ease the pain.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Obviously you didn't catch the context of the message, it wasn't intended at HG at all, but aimed squarely at Shoji Kawamori and Galaxy Films. And it wasn't a rip but stating a fact.

I thought I made it quite clear! :)

You did, but there's an old saying about glass houses and stones.

But first, again, let's recap: In 1994, three Macross film projects were announced. Two made it to production, one didn't.

In 2002, one Macross anime project and one Macross game project were announced. The anime made it to production, the game didn't.

And yet, back in 1986, one new Robotech TV series and one new Robotech movie were announced. The series failed to arrive, and only a fraction of the work was ever completed and released. The movie had a brief run in Texas, before going on to Argentina. There was no wide theatrical US release, and there has never been a complete US release on home video.

In 1995, a Robotech game was announced, entitled Crystal Dreams. It was never completed.

In 2000, a new Robotech TV series, entitled Robotech 3000 was announced. It was never completed, and only a trailer exists of it.

In 2002, a new Robotech TV series was announced. Nearly five years later, this was released as a 90-minute film rather than a series.

So you see, Mav, Shoji Kawamori's track record is better here than Harmony Gold's. This is also not a rip, just facts. And if you say that the two failed Macross projects should be a source of embarrassment to Macross fans, then surely you must be more embarrassed by the four failed Robotech projects. Perhaps even more so, since Macross has many, many more successfully finished projects than Robotech does, making the Robotech failures much bigger, percentage-wise.

So, given your penchant for sarcasm, I can see why ps99041 thought you were slyly making a dig at Harmony Gold. I confess that I thought the same at first.

The problem for Robotech seems to be (speculating here) that Macross usually has more than one project in the works at any one time, whereas Robotech has historically put all of its eggs in one basket.

Luckily, Harmony Gold seems to have learned this lesson from the Macross productions, and currently has three works in progress. However, they seem to have yet to learn the other lesson they should've from the Macross productions, which is how to deliver your products in a timely manner. Nearly every year since its inception, there has been some new Macross anime or game released, and they never go more than five years without some new animated project. Robotech, on the other hand, releases new film or game projects very infrequently. If they released more, your point would be better served.

Hope this helps! :)

Gubaba...

EDIT: I also don't think Harmony Gold is giving the fans what they want. For example, I recently bought a Minmay Doll plushie, and had MANY Robotech fans wanting to buy it off me. Ditto my recently-purchased Minmay Doll coffee mug.

(I'll provide pics if you ask.)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19090

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds