heres an interesting discussion

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

heres an interesting discussion was created by LadyGrimes

We all know what we want to see in the movie, let's talk about the things we don't want to see.

for me it would be any crappy mainstream music, but knowing hollywood I'm sure that's something we can expect

I also don't want to see any immature humor, especially the kind you see in today's comedies. We can have a good story without retarded humor yes?

I'd like to hope so, or I just might have to

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 8 months ago #5407

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:heres an interesting discussion

There's a couple aspects of the Macross saga that I could do without, and they both invlove Minmei.

First off, make her likable. I cannot stand the ridiculous, annoying nature of the girl. Even her voice grates on my nerves.

Second, PLEASE, for the sake of everyone's sanity, keep the damn love triangle out of it. If Hunter gets dragged into that kind of thing, he'd be a piss-poor pilot, and we all know THAT can't happen. What would happen to his hero-status if he sucked?

No... leave the love triangle out of it, and let Minmei be a semi-background character. She'll have her fans, and Hunter will have Hayes.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 8 months ago #5408

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:heres an interesting discussion

Viper wrote:

There's a couple aspects of the Macross saga that I could do without, and they both invlove Minmei.

First off, make her likable. I cannot stand the ridiculous, annoying nature of the girl. Even her voice grates on my nerves.

Second, PLEASE, for the sake of everyone's sanity, keep the damn love triangle out of it. If Hunter gets dragged into that kind of thing, he'd be a piss-poor pilot, and we all know THAT can't happen. What would happen to his hero-status if he sucked?

No... leave the love triangle out of it, and let Minmei be a semi-background character. She'll have her fans, and Hunter will have Hayes.

I'm totally with you on the minmei and love triangle bit
I know it's part of what made Robotech what it is, but the movie adaption doesn't need to emulate it. I don't want the movie to feel like its trying too hard to be like the cartoon, that's when the shit hits the fan. The movie needs to separate itself from the cartoon and appear more realistic.

This is why anime to live action, has been failing lately. Because they try too hard to remain loyal to the original, but instead end up with a load of garbage *glares at speed racer*
I'm not saying the adaption can't be done, because it can. I am simply stating that, there's a certain way it needs to be done.

14 years 8 months ago #5409

Replied by mage on topic Re:heres an interesting discussion

i hope hollywood dosent turn the movie into another "Captain America saves the world" piece of shit
target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by mage.
14 years 8 months ago #5410
Attachments:

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

mage wrote:

i hope hollywood dosent turn the movie into another "Captain America saves the world" piece of shit

yeah, I hear ya!

Also, I don't want to hear a pop version of "stage fright"
keep that piece of shit out of the movie plz

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes. Reason: I failed a barrel roll!
14 years 8 months ago #5411

Replied by Iceblue106 on topic Re:heres an interesting discussion

How about not having Ben and Roy die? or do you think that would change the movie too much?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
14 years 8 months ago #5412

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Iceblue106 wrote:

How about not having Ben and Roy die? or do you think that would change the movie too much?

hmmm hadn't thought about that, though it would be nice if both of them lived, but if they're following the story that's most likely not going to happen :\

14 years 8 months ago #5413

Here is another thought..how about Not confusing us with the SDF-2 being built at the same time as the SDF-1 is being repaired and then showing them being destroyed nearly at the same time. That to this day still confuses me lol.
14 years 8 months ago #5414

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:heres an interesting discussion

mage wrote:

Seconded.

Iceblue106 wrote:

Here is another thought..how about Not confusing us with the SDF-2 being built at the same time as the SDF-1 is being repaired and then showing them being destroyed nearly at the same time. That to this day still confuses me lol.

It's only confusing because there's no SDF-2 in the animation. If they do show the SDF-2 (whatever new design for it they come up with) so long as they show that it's a second ship clearly, there shouldn't be a problem.
14 years 8 months ago #5422

I have to agree with you on that Wasp...if only they did that in the original version that would have been great lol. Oh and i had meant to 3rd the agreement with Mage as well.....please no "Captain America saves the world" POS.
14 years 8 months ago #5424

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds