Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

AWWWW... LOOK AT ALL THOSE WORDS SETO. :(

IT'S OK. JUST SIT BACK, RELAX, AND LET IT BE. DON'T WANT TO BAN YOU WITH ALL THAT FOUL COMING OUT OF YOU. 2 ALREADY GONE BY IT... DON'T MIND A 3RD. :)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #8089

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2

SETO,
Why are you being a D-bag?? Just STFU and enjoy whatever news comes out!!!
14 years 5 months ago #8099

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IT'S OK. JUST SIT BACK, RELAX, AND LET IT BE. DON'T WANT TO BAN YOU WITH ALL THAT FOUL COMING OUT OF YOU. 2 ALREADY GONE BY IT... DON'T MIND A 3RD. :)

Falling back into old habits, are you? Going to meet every challenge to your wild speculation and assumptions with the threat of a ban just like you did on RT.com? :p

Frankly, I take exception to your abuse of your authority here and on Robotech.com to post your speculation, opinions, and theories as though they were gospel truth and try to mock people when they express opinions that differ from your own rather obviously rose-tinted views of Robotech and its future prospects.

If you want me to get off your case, then stick to the facts. The fact is that we only have Tobey's word for it that progress of any kind is being made on the script, and that proves nothing (as per the Duke Nukem Forever example). The rest of what you've said, like that they're taking "the Hollywood approach" with it is arch speculation.

MGREXX wrote:

Just STFU and enjoy whatever news comes out!!

If what was being reported was actually news, we wouldn't be having this discussion... but this is not news. This is an entirely irrelevant news piece about Spider-Man movie actors that mentions the Robotech movie only in passing and gives no information that hasn't been common knowledge for something like the past year.
14 years 5 months ago #8101

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

SETO

If you want me to get off your case, then stick to the facts. The fact is that we only have Tobey's word for it that progress of any kind is being made on the script, and that proves nothing (as per the Duke Nukem Forever example). The rest of what you've said, like that they're taking "the Hollywood approach" with it is arch speculation.

AND YOU COULD NOT POST THIS IN THE BEGINNING?

I TOLD YOU, THIS IS A ROBOTECH FORUM FIRST. BUT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO JUST THROW STUFF OUT THERE AND BE ALL FOUL ABOUT IT. GET THAT LITTLE HUMAN INSIDE OF YOU OUT AND BE CIVIL ABOUT IT.

THANKS SETO. BEST POST YOU HAVE DONE SINCE...

OK, JUST BEST POST.
14 years 5 months ago #8103

Replied by Star-Dragon on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

An update signifying nothing, or rather nothing new... So in effect it's not an update at all. It was one mook asking Tobey about RT and Toby giving the usual response, no big deal.

Let me know:

1.) Day they begin FILMING

2.) Day they WRAP Filming.

3.) Day of Theatrical RELEASE.

That's all I care about...
14 years 2 months ago #10320

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

STAR DRAGON

Let me know:

1.) Day they begin FILMING

2.) Day they WRAP Filming.

3.) Day of Theatrical RELEASE.

COME BACK IN 3 YEARS.
14 years 2 months ago #10324

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

COME BACK IN 3 YEARS.

If the movie does get a green light the interesting thing I find in these forums is the acute lack of facing the "Elephant in the Room".

The "Elephant" being the very real possibility that the movie may be "Robotech" in name only!

The announcement has already been made that WB plans to "re-imagine" it.

When one considers how drastically Ron Moore re-imagined BSG from the original show. He changed it to the point that both were entirely different. They shared the same starting point, the holocaust of humanity in the Colonies, then they split in totally different directions. Fans of both shows are still split over the changes, regardless of how well the new BSG was made.

The very same thing could happen to the Robotech Movie. Everything the hardcore fans have grown to love about the series could be totally absent from the movie. The character names may be the same but who they are and what they do may be totally different, even unrecognizable.

One group hopes for a Macross movie, while another hopes for a Masters movie and yet another wants to see New Generation, but none of the above may appear. The Earth could very well be attacked by the Invid or the Masters and not the Zentreadi at all. Rick Hunter could be a squadron commander thrown into the fight and Lisa a competing pilot. Anything is possible from Hollywood!

Are the fans prepared for that? If the movie bombs or is nothing like what the fans expect, who will be to blame?

Will the venerated Tommy Yune become a pariah in RT fandom, guilty by association? Will Frank Agrama be villified for selling the rights in the first place? Would such a film kill the franchise for the fans? Will new fans of an unpopular movie, be attacked on forums like these?

Warner Brothers is in this to make money, if the fans like it great, if not - "oh well"... What WB cares about is whether they make their money back and turn a profit, not whether they appease the wishes of the franchise's fan base.

Ask any Dragon Ball fan about Hollywood's treatment of their favorite anime?
14 years 2 months ago #10333

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

FORGOT TO MENTION..REIMAGINED

TRANSFORMERS
G.I. JOE
BATMAN
SUPERMAN
SPIDERMAN

AND THAT'S JUST A START..

:P
14 years 2 months ago #10344

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FORGOT TO MENTION..REIMAGINED

TRANSFORMERS
G.I. JOE
BATMAN
SUPERMAN
SPIDERMAN

AND THAT'S JUST A START..

:P

No issues with that list.

However. I wasn't expecting to see those films resemble the originals.

How many can say that here? :P
14 years 2 months ago #10348

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ZINJO

No issues with that list.

However. I wasn't expecting to see those films resemble the originals.

How many can say that here?

THE CORE ELEMENTS ARE STILL THERE FOR ALL THE MOVIES.

THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.

JUST THAT IT DEPENDS IF THE FANDOM BUYS IT.
14 years 2 months ago #10383

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds