Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

There's very few comic/video game/animation to live action move titles that stay true to the originals. More often than not you get a bad re-make that strays too much from the original. The way I see it, it's either a decent movie with enough connection and not such a terrible storyline or a god awful movie that can be enjoyed for how terrible it is. It's a win-win situation for me. I would rather see a bad attempt at bringing one of my favorite series to real life than to never see that.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 2 months ago #10398

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

WELL, I HOPE THE SHOW IT HERE IN AMERICA.

WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT WITH SOME RT.FRIENDS. A GATHERING MAYBE?

BUT WOULD BE NICE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10412

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

eh I have a feeling the live action movie is going to suck ass
that is if it ever gets made =]
why is it going to suck? Tobey would make a terrible rick hunter... seriously and the whole re-imagining BS is going to make the mecha look like crap. And yes I'll come out and admit to something, the only way I'd give it a chance is if they could use the original designs and the zentraedi but since they can't I don't give a shit about this movie anymore =]

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10414

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THE CORE ELEMENTS ARE STILL THERE FOR ALL THE MOVIES.

THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.

JUST THAT IT DEPENDS IF THE FANDOM BUYS IT.

What counts to you may not count to others. Therein is the danger.

These forums have mentioned the divide between the "old school purist" camp and the "love all things RT" camp.

Depending on if a movie leans toward the old or the new franchise direction, there could be consequences in fandom.
Not to mention if it takes a direction entirely different from both camps and barely even maintains "core elements". Then there will be wholesale consequences.

RT fandom has been the victim of a "starve the beast" business strategy. Keep the fan base hungry for something for so long that they'll swallow anything as a gourmet meal, even if it's shit. I'd suspect that is the biggest complaint among the "Purists".
14 years 2 months ago #10415

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

zinjo

These forums have mentioned the divide between the "old school purist" camp and the "love all things RT" camp.

Depending on if a movie leans toward the old or the new franchise direction, there could be consequences in fandom.
Not to mention if it takes a direction entirely different from both camps and barely even maintains "core elements". Then there will be wholesale consequences.

RT fandom has been the victim of a "starve the beast" business strategy. Keep the fan base hungry for something for so long that they'll swallow anything as a gourmet meal, even if it's shit. I'd suspect that is the biggest complaint among the "Purists".

ZINJO, YOU HAVE A VALID POINT.

JUST THROWING A WRENCH IN THERE. THE FORUM FANDOM DOES NOT MAKE UP THE ROBOTECH FANDOM AS A WHOLE. HOW MANY REGULAR POSTERS ARE WE? 10 TO THE MOST ON THIS THREAD. ADD MAYBE ANOTHER 10 TO RT.COM.

5 FROM SPANISH FORUMS...

WE A SMALL APPLES COMPARED THE FANDOM WORLD OF ROBOTECH OUT THERE.

SO YES, WE MAY COMPLAIN HERE, STOMP OUT FEET OR AGREE WELL WITH THE MOVIE. BUT OVERALL FOR THE ROBOTECH FANS OUT THERE THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SAY THAT IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.

I ALWAYS SAY... TAKE A PEAK IN TWITTER. SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING THAT DONT HANG IN RT BOARDS.
14 years 2 months ago #10416

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

zinjo

ZINJO, YOU HAVE A VALID POINT.

JUST THROWING A WRENCH IN THERE. THE FORUM FANDOM DOES NOT MAKE UP THE ROBOTECH FANDOM AS A WHOLE. HOW MANY REGULAR POSTERS ARE WE? 10 TO THE MOST ON THIS THREAD. ADD MAYBE ANOTHER 10 TO RT.COM.

5 FROM SPANISH FORUMS...

WE A SMALL APPLES COMPARED THE FANDOM WORLD OF ROBOTECH OUT THERE.

SO YES, WE MAY COMPLAIN HERE, STOMP OUT FEET OR AGREE WELL WITH THE MOVIE. BUT OVERALL FOR THE ROBOTECH FANS OUT THERE THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SAY THAT IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.

I ALWAYS SAY... TAKE A PEAK IN TWITTER. SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING THAT DONT HANG IN RT BOARDS.

You could take that point in a different direction.

Each poster could be treated like a person in a poll. Where 1 opinion is representative of hundreds or thousands of others who did not take part in said poll.

For every 1 negative post, there could be 1000 people who agree with them, but have not said so. Just like for every positive post, 1000 people could agree with them.

Until a movie actually materializes or Shadow Rising materializes, the impact either feature will have on fandom is in flux.

HG would do better to simply stay quiet about news if there isn't any. If you stoke the fire too often people begin to get hot and irritated. This may be the case now. People have gotten irritated.
14 years 2 months ago #10419

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ZINJO

You could take that point in a different direction.

Each poster could be treated like a person in a poll. Where 1 opinion is representative of hundreds or thousands of others who did not take part in said poll.

For every 1 negative post, there could be 1000 people who agree with them, but have not said so. Just like for every positive post, 1000 people could agree with them.

BY THIS THEN THE NUMBERS WILL WEIGH HEAVILY FOR PRO'S THAN CON.

THEY OUTNUMBER US 100 TO 1
14 years 2 months ago #10422

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re:Tobey Maguire and RT:LAM Update for Nov 23rd, 2009

WE A SMALL APPLES COMPARED THE FANDOM WORLD OF ROBOTECH OUT THERE

I agree with MEMO on this point.
I know that there are several people out there that will not bother to participate in online communities and yet, they are the first ones to support Robotech merchandise with their $$$$
14 years 2 months ago #10425

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds