The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:...I should elaborate....

SIGHUP wrote:

SteelMax wrote:

...the worst day as an Army Respiratory Therapist was the one I mentioned. When I was Infantry, my worst day was Jan 27th, 2004 near Iskandariyah, Iraq. 3 from my platoon got killed, and another three wounded. THAT was my worst day at ANY job...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of us can't top that. No matter how bad our days have gone.

well none of us here any way, but yeah that must have been hell
the only bad thing that happened where I work recently is some people from the dairy department were caught marking down expired milk and selling it. So the whole department is going to get written up and someone might get fired who knows....

The whole thing just makes me facepalm and some lady was about to buy four of them :S
What bugs me is they know it's against the rules and they do it anyway. So next time any of you are out shopping make sure you check the dates on ANY marked down food products.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #11506

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:...I should elaborate....

SteelMax wins...not many jobs could be worst than that. btw who leaves their toddler in a bath alone long enough and deep enough to drown?

HappyPenguins wrote:

The whole thing just makes me facepalm and some lady was about to buy four of them :S
What bugs me is they know it's against the rules and they do it anyway. So next time any of you are out shopping make sure you check the dates on ANY marked down food products.

Expiration dates are just suggestions. Food is usually good after the expiration date, depending on the food will depend how long. There's people that live off of food that they pick out of the trash from grocery stores and food places that is marked as "expired".
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 11 months ago #11508

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:...I should elaborate....

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

SteelMax wins...not many jobs could be worst than that. btw who leaves their toddler in a bath alone long enough and deep enough to drown?

HappyPenguins wrote:

Expiration dates are just suggestions. Food is usually good after the expiration date, depending on the food will depend how long. There's people that live off of food that they pick out of the trash from grocery stores and food places that is marked as "expired".

food is but not milk, and that is what they marked down which is a violation.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #11510

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:...I should elaborate....

HappyPenguins wrote:

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

food is but not milk, and that is what they marked down which is a violation.

Its the same with milk silly. It is usually good for a few days after the sell-by-date. Hence the name.

But yes, they were in the wrong. They clearly violated the company's policy.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by SIGHUP. Reason: Hit 'submit' too soon
13 years 11 months ago #11547

Replied by SteelMax on topic Re:...Work Sucks

Out where I live at Fort Riley in central Kansas, there's a couple of subsidiaries who are both owned by the parent company Kroger--"Dillon's" and "Food4Less". At the Dillon's, if a shopper finds an expired item still on the shelf for sale, he gets an 'un-expired' one of them for free! I usually don't hunt for them, but I have a pal that scours the store on every shopping trip! Once in awhile, he scores; but not necessarily on an item that he would have been buying. For example, he may go home with a can of spicy tripe (yuck) that he otherwise wouldn't have shopped for!
.....and for HashiNoUsagi....yeah, the criminal investigators were called in for that one. The mom's story was that she stepped from the room for "an instant" to get a towel for the kid....another person stated that she saw the mom chit-chat with a neighbor for a half hour or so... :angry:
---quick question for Penguins--are you the one who used to post at Robotech.com with the adorable little puppy named Chili? He was so cute! My puppy's named "Champ The Boogies" (yes, 'the' is his middle name) he's a long-haired chihuahua. His girlfriend, my buddy's dog is part min-pin and part weiner dog. Her name is Mimey.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by SteelMax. Reason: Toda su base son pertenece a nosotros
13 years 11 months ago #11612

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

I used to be a bastard while shopping. Whenever there was a promotional sale on things I normally buy, I'd take off the Shelf Label and keep it. Once the offer had expired, I'd go back to the store, then put the old label back up. When I got to the checkouts, I'd keep an egal eye, then complain when the 'wrong price' was displayed. They'd get someone to check the label and everything. As it was their own label, and even though it was out of date, they had to honnor the labeled price.

I didn't do it regularly enough to susspect I was scamming, but I often striked out at the close of sales on electronics and hardware. lol.

Another thing I loved doing was putting all the shopping on the conveyor belt, waiting for the customers before to finish paying/packing bags, just standing there like an ordinary customer. Then when It was my turn to be served, I would be really polite, say hello, and then as they bleeped the first Item I would say I forgot something, and go back to the asles. I'd take my time, knowing they would just scan and pack it all for me. Id come back without anything and simply say, 'Oh yeah, your store doesn't sell them.' and go to pay, without saying thankyou for packing it all for me. :D

Retail workers need to suffer.
13 years 11 months ago #11632

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:...Work Sucks

SteelMax wrote:

yeah, the criminal investigators were called in for that one.

Good. It's one thing if you have mental issues, but negligence is truly a crime sometimes.

Khoroshen - I bet everyone hated you. Working retail sucks. You shouldn't make them suffer anymore than they have to, unless someone personally deserves it.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 11 months ago #11744

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

I've been working in Subway for over two years before i recently found a job that didn't suck. In that time however i got to see every facet of how people SUCK when they come into a place such as a fast food establishment. Argueing with a customer who wanted free food nearly cost me my job. They would rather publicly hang me the manager out to dry in the public forum then uphold our own integrity. How the heck am i supposed to run a business if the company insists that "The customer is always right" is absolute? That means if you walked into my store and demanded a sub for $4 (footlong) and i refused that I would be written up and YOU would get free food(If i just gave it out without arguing of course i'd have been accused of stealing and been outright fired).

It's hard enough to work in a degrading job when your educated for something more but when the employer makes it so you can't do your job it becomes idiotic. :angry:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
13 years 8 months ago #12871

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

Very interesting topic. Probably my worst day (I say probably because dealing with the average citizens, and the criminal element of said citizens will surely give you plenty) was back in late 2008, probably around November. We get a routine domestic violence call where the ex-husband is banging on his ex-wife's door. She has a restraining order against him, so the call goes out code 3 (light and sirens). As we respond, 2 units get there and find absolutely nothing. They stay there for almost 90 minutes, take the report, check the area, then leave. Literally 10 minutes after they leave, then calls start coming in as shots fired from the same general area. Finally the woman at that house calls in, completely frantic, the guy was hiding in his neighbors bushes, when the officers left, he kicks in the door, pulls a gun, shoots and kills the two kids, then attempts to kill her. She was only shot in the leg, but manages to get out the house. That night, I never thought my job would attach onto me like it did. We had to set up SWAT strike teams, had two air units over the area, DOT blocking the streets, and about 15 patrol units (30 officers) in the field. K-9 was there, as well as supervisors, and a command post (full field mobilization in 30 minutes of the incident.

When the SWAT team went in (wasn't sure if they had a barricaded susp or not) they found the guy had turned the gun on himself. I left work that night shaking, thinking, "how the hell do people get to that point, and is this something I really want to do?" I'm happily married, but to turn from being married to someone and having children, to deciding you want to kill them. Everyone who was at scene of that incident and those that took the call were all subject to psych debriefings (common practice in tramatic calls).

While that was the worst day, I kinda had to realize that you can't change everything (pretty obvious, right?) but there are some things you can, and if you can help right just a few of the wrongs, you could be saving a life. I like my job, pays a hell of a lot, but it's definitely not for everyone, and helping take some scumbags and filth off the street makes me more than happy.
13 years 8 months ago #12878

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

DANG.. THAT WORK SUCKS.

HATS OFF TO YOU MAN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 8 months ago #12881

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds