The Official "Work Sucks" Thread

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:The Official

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

It's hard enough to work in a degrading job when your educated for something more but when the employer makes it so you can't do your job it becomes idiotic. :angry:

I know how you feel. That's how I felt when I was working in retail. The customer is always right, even though 75% of the time they are completely in the wrong. The customer is ripping off the company and the company takes it. You get in trouble for trying to protect the company. So ridiculous.

Recently my friend got his hours cut at work. He has a kid and a girlfriend to take care of. (His g/f has been looking for a job, but she's had no luck.) Last week they asked him to go out of town for work, but he turned it down because he has a family, so they cut his hours for not going. He usually always goes when they ask him to go out of town, even when others don't do it, he does. The one time he says no and they just slash his hours. I feel so bad for him. =( He says that most of the people that work there live at home and don't have a family to support. He's trying to find a new job or even a second job.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 9 months ago #12897

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The Official

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

I know how you feel. That's how I felt when I was working in retail. The customer is always right, even though 75% of the time they are completely in the wrong. The customer is ripping off the company and the company takes it. You get in trouble for trying to protect the company. So ridiculous.

It isn't even THAT that bothered me so much when I worked for a big bookstore chain about ten ten years ago...it's that the company rewarded bastards. Let's say a customer walks in and, I dunno, tries to return something without a receipt. The clerk explains that that's against the company policy. The customer who is polite and sensible walks away, gaining nothing. The customer who starts shouting at the clerk, demanding to see the manager, and generally acting like a greasy butthole...well, THAT guy gets everything he asks for and more.

I'd prefer stores to reward decent human beings, rather than morons.

But yeah...that was my last retail job (knock wood), thank goodness. Teaching has better hours, pays better, and is much more fun overall.
13 years 9 months ago #12903

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds