Most Epic Classical Military Theme Music

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Most Epic Classical Military Theme Music

Can't be done. You'll have one of two routes that you could take as far as sturcturing the LAM.

1) Heavyweight Nostalgia, for the die-hard 85ers (of which I am one).

2) Re-boot, with new content and characters.

Of you go witht he first option, then you overload the nostalgia catagory and make it a crap-fest. People in the old-school fan base will like it, maybe, if it's done marginally well. However, if you got this route, you'll alienate the fresh, newer fans that are possible. HG doesn't want that to happen, as the existing fanbase is small, and getting smaller.

If you go with the re-boot, then the newer fans will have soomething to attach to, and if thier curiosity leads them to it, they can explore the original content, even to the point of checking out the OSM, SDF:Macross, SDC:Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber: Mospaeda. This'll hurt the feelings of the older crowd, but one would HOPE that they're mature enough to accept it for what it is.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 8 months ago #5061

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Dread on topic Re:Most Epic Classical Military Theme Music

I, too, enjoy Hans Zimmer's music. How about Jablonski? He did the score for the Transformers movies. Lots of simplistic power chording, but the effect was powerful, especially when combined with a chior.

I loathe Minmei, regardless of which series we're talking about. However, she is part of the story line, and one that caused a lot of emotional turmoil across the board. She'd have to be there. Maybe they could do a short snippet of her doing a concert, maybe on the news, with Rick watching for a few minutes and then turning off the tv and dropping the remote on a coffee table before going to do something important.

Unfortunately, unless they plan to change the ending of the story line, Minmei will have to play a role in the alliance of the Earth and Breetai's forces.

Of course, this all assumes that they even intend to follow the original story arc that much.
Co-Commander, 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group, Bravo Company.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
14 years 8 months ago #5087

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds