ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Movie-Brat on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

spark300c wrote:

what amazes me that it sold out at the wall-mart that I work at in four days.

Say what? I guess the nostalgia factor is still there.
10 years 7 months ago #20588

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

WAS GOING TO GET A COPY FOR A FRIEND AND IT SOLD OUT AT A BEST BUY NEAR ME.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 7 months ago #20590

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

I do believe that the 2 in 1 is helping this release. that being said, something like LLA and the comics aren't enough IMO. I am a huge comic fan yet a lot of these licensed titles don't seem to do well. A cross over like this may do well but any series coming would have to be minis at best. Licensed titles are hard to manage.

As for LLA, I think the time it took to make compared to what we actually got shows a poor ratio. Too little "new" compared to how long it took to get.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
10 years 7 months ago #20591

Replied by Armor-1 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Just saw LLA for the first time tonight. I enjoyed it a lot, and really loved the new footage. I thought HG did a good job of weaving in the new footage with the old footage without making it too choppy and strange. The transition worked well.

I cheered when I saw Dana Sterling and we got a reference to what happened to the 15th Squadron. It makes sense that they would have stayed to combat the Invid, and then made a tactical retreat upon seeing the impossible odds. We know that members of the 15th Squad eventually meet up with the Expeditionary Force since we see Dana in the comic Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles, and Louis Nichols joins Vince Grant in the Shadow Chronicles animation.

I also enjoyed the scene at the end with Sera and Lancer at the cabin. I do wonder though, if they would be able to settle into that kind of life. You have an Invid warrior princess, and a REF freedom fighter suddenly settling down to live happily ever after. I think it is what we would like to happen for the characters, but I doubt that the transition would be easy after all these two have seen.

The McKinney books did a good job of showing how difficult it was for Miriya to transition to human life after she married Max. I suspect that Sera would be in for a similarly tough transition. Lancer, too, may find it hard to leave the action and settle down. Generally these type of characters don't get the happy ending. They spend their lives fighting the battle, and then trying to escape the battle and find a life afterwards, only to have the battle catch up with them again. I would not be surprised to see Lancer and Sera's story end in tragedy, with the tragedy compelling Lancer or Sera back into the fight. It's not what I *want* to happen, mind you, but it seems to be what usually happens to characters whose lives have been defined by war.
10 years 7 months ago #20594

Replied by Movie-Brat on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
10 years 7 months ago #20595

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by OttselSpy25 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

I'm happy that someone finally gave the two of them a happy ending. The McKinney books didn't seem to have the slightest bit of respect for EITHER of them, killing them both off without a single reason to do so. :blink:
10 years 7 months ago #20614

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

OttselSpy25 wrote:

I'm happy that someone finally gave the two of them a happy ending. The McKinney books didn't seem to have the slightest bit of respect for EITHER of them, killing them both off without a single reason to do so. :blink:

I DON'T THINK ITS GOING TO BE THAT HAPPY. I THOUGHT SCOTT AND ARIEL BEING AN ITEM WOULD BRING DRAMA TO THE FLEET. BUT HAVING SOMETHING ELSE AROUND MAYBE WE COULD SEE A NEW CONFLICT BRINGING LANCER AND SERA BACK INTO ACTION.

OR NOT.
;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 7 months ago #20617

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Actually, its nice that eventhough RT:LLA is more of a recap fest, it does not exactly follow Mospeada LLA which is a bunch of MVs juxtaposed with Yellow's concert.

But both LLAs served a very nice objective, the farewell of the Bernard's team. While Mospeada LLA concluded its storyline, RT: LLA says goodbye to TNG but opening a new front for RTSC.

Anyway, both LLAs are standalone in each respective universe. Well done, HG.
10 years 5 months ago #20721

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds