ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Breaking news, Robotech:LLA has a distributor. In Australia!

AND

Robotech Associate Producer Steve Yun at Supanova

www.geekofoz.com/2013/04/robotech-associ...ducer-steve-yun.html

Australia's own Beyond Home Entertainment have a great history of delivering retro to our TV screens and now they're delivering retro to our conventions!

Sure, their is plenty of conjecture about the "legitimacy" of Robotech but fact of the matter is this: Robotech is responsible, at least partially, for Western culture's love for all things anime.

Following their DVD release of the legendary 1985 series, Beyond Home Entertainment have announced a very special guest for this years Supanova Pop Culture Expo in Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

ROBOTECH’S NEW MOVIE ANNOUNCED

This month, Beyond Home Entertainment will be hosting a stall at Supanova’s Pop Culture Expo in Melbourne (13-14 April) and in the Gold Coast (20-21 April) to promote key retro and ‘pop culture’ brands and new DVD releases. In addition, there will be opportunities for Robotech fans to meet and have merchandise signed by guest Steve Yun, Associate Producer (for a full Bio, refer below) on the new Robotech movie, titled Robotech: Love Live Alive, at the stand.

Robotech: Love Live Alive
Robotech: Love Live Alive, a 2013 production and the second Robotech movie released, is based on the original anime series Robotech. Using original unreleased footage from the 80’s, Love Live Alive is a film combining new animation with the old, making it a uniquely-styled movie (for a movie synopsis, refer below).

To celebrate the release of the new movie later this year, Steve Yun is presenting Q&A sessions held each day (Saturday and Sunday) at both Melbourne and Gold Coast Supanova Expo events. During the Q&A sessions, Steve will share trailers, images and background information on the movie and answer questions from die-hard fans (for more information and programming times visit www.supanova.com.au ).

A special Australian premiere screening of Carl Macek’s Robotech Universe documentary and a world exclusive sneak peak of the Love Live Alive Movie is programed as part of the Gold Coast Film Festival, a festival running in conjunction with the Supanova Expo in the Gold Coast. The premiere event is held on Friday, 19th April and is followed by an encore screening the next day (for more information on the Gold Coast Film Festival, and screening times visithttp://www.gcfilmfestival.com/ )
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 2 weeks ago #20251

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Lionsgate Press Release: Robotech: 2-Movie Collection
Arriving on DVD July 23

www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/323072-li...-2-movie-collection/

The Robotech saga continues as the celebrated characters that gained world-wide popularity in the original series return in an exciting new adventure debuting as part of the Robotech: 2-Movie Collection. Arriving on DVD July 23 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment, under license from A+E Networks Consumer Products™, the Robotech: 2-Movie Collection DVD set includes the never-before-seen feature Love Live Alive as well as the timeless Robotech hit The Shadow Chronicles.

The Robotech chronicle continues with the unveiling of the all-new anime adventure Love Live Alive. Taking place during and after the events of Robotech: The New Generation (available in Robotech: The Complete Series from Lionsgate Home Entertainment), this thrilling installment in the Robotech saga follows the adventures of Lieutenant Lance "Lancer" Belmont as he recounts his journey from before his first encounter with Scott Bernard to the aftermath following Admiral Rick Hunter's expedition to liberate the Earth from the mysterious Invid race. Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles continues the epic battle as Scott Bernard must once again face his tragic past as he joins the returning Robotech Expedition against new mechanized adversaries known as the Haydonites.

Robotech maintains its place as one of the most popular anime properties ever, the center of a massive media empire that includes comic books, toys and a major motion picture currently in development. Voted one of the "Top 50 Sci-Fi Properties of All Time" by IGN.com, Robotech remains a fan favorite.

Complete with bonus material that includes multiple featurettes, deleted scenes, outtakes, photo galleries and animatics, this affordably priced 2-film DVD collection will be available for the suggested retail price of only $19.98.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

Love Live Alive
Pre-production Gallery
The Shadow Chronicles
"Birth of a Sequel" featurette
Score Music Video
"Anime Selects" podcast coverage
"!Pon Anime" podcast interview
"Robotech 3000" demo reel
"Robotech 3000" motion capture sequences
Deleted scenes with optional commentary
Outtakes
Animatics with optional commentary
Trailers
Image Galleries: Personnel Dossier, Ship Registry, Mecha Database, Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles, Secret Files

*Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 1985-2013

Title Copyright: Robotech®: Love Live Alive © 1985 Tatsunoko Production Co. Ltd. © 1985-2013 Harmony Gold USA. Inc. Robotech®: The Shadow Chronicles © 2006 Harmony Gold USA. Inc. Robotech® and associated characters, names, and indicia are trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Cover Art and Design © 2013 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by LIONSGATE® under license from A+E Networks Consumer Products™. Lionsgate, 2700 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, California 90404. Printed in U.S.A.

Type: DVD Collection Premiere
Rating: Not Rated
Genre: Animation; Action/Adventure; Sci-Fi
Closed Captioned: NA
Subtitles: English SDH and Spanish
Feature Running Time:
Love Live Alive - 90 minutes
The Shadow Chronicles - 88 minutes
DVD Format:
love Live Alive - 4x3 Full Frame (1.33:1)
The Shadow Chronicles -16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)
DVD Audio Status: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
10 years 11 months ago #20304

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by treiz on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Can't wait. Would be nice if it were on bluray...
10 years 11 months ago #20305

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

No Blu Ray?

I was really hoping for a US Subbed version of the Mospeada LLA on there too but oh well.

Will check this out for sure.

B)
10 years 11 months ago #20307

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

MIlkManX wrote:

No Blu Ray?

I was really hoping for a US Subbed version of the Mospeada LLA on there too but oh well.

Will check this out for sure.

B)

WONDERING IF I SHOULD WAIT FOR THE SUPA DOPA BLURAY BOX SET WITH LLA AND RTLA?
THAT'S IF IT HAPPENS...ALREADY GOT SHADOW CHRONICLES.

:unsure:
10 years 11 months ago #20309

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

The bundle actually discourages me from buying it as I already have TSC on Blur Ray and would prefer a stand along Blu Ray of LLA. I have no need for Blu Ray except for anime titles that are out of print.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
10 years 11 months ago #20310

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Richardmvela wrote:

The bundle actually discourages me from buying it as I already have TSC on Blur Ray and would prefer a stand along Blu Ray of LLA. I have no need for Blu Ray except for anime titles that are out of print.

I AM HAPPY WITH MY LEGACY AND I WILL WAIT THIS ONE OUT.

I WILL SEE IT YES, BUT BUY IT, NO.
10 years 11 months ago #20313

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

Looks like LLA happens after Shadow Chronicles. Maybe during a period of time between SC & Shadow Rising. Possibly during the preparations for the launch of the Ark Angel and the search & rescue team for Admiral Hunter & the SDF-3..
10 years 11 months ago #20314

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

My post meant to say I have no need for DVDs except for titles that are out of print and not on Blur Ray so this combo pack is a no go for me and TBH, they waited so long to do anything that my interest has honestly waned.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
10 years 11 months ago #20315

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

THANKS TO SDF CREW:

Interview with Steve Yun | Capsule Computers - Gaming & Entertainment News, Reviews, Interviews & Co

www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/05/interview-with-steve-yun/

Robotech is one of the most instantly recognisable and renown franchises in the history of animation. The story of the Robotech universe centers around the conflicts of the Earth against alien threats as the Earth is a planet known to be rich in the power source called Protoculture.

The upcoming movie in the Robotech Universe: Robotech: Love, Live, Alive is the second movie to come from the franchise. Us here at Capsule Computers had the chance to talk to Steve Yun and discuss this latest film and its relevance to the Robotech universe.

CC: Hi there. Could you introduce yourself and your position/role on the Robotech film Love, Live, Alive?

Steve Yun: Hi I’m Steve Yun, I’m the VP of New Media at Harmony Gold, and I’m the script editor and associate producer on Love Live Alive.

CC: Robotech is obviously a massive franchise and has been around for quite a while. However, there may be new fans to the franchise that are not quite aware of the history of the show, would you be able to briefly summarise what Robotech is for them?

S: Robotech is the adaptation of three Japanese anime series which came out in the 80′s. In it, a space ship crashes to Earth and reveals that there are advanced alien races waging war across the galaxy. Humans research it and develop giant transforming robots to fight off several alien invasions. For many people working in the anime industry today it was their first exposure to Japanese animation.

CC: Could you explain to us what is Love, Live Alive?

S: Love Live Alive is a retrospective special that originally came out in the 80′s and was never brought over to western audiences. We’ve finally adapted it for the Robotech universe, adding new scenes and new animation to expand it from being mostly music videos to being a full-length feature. It follows Lancer, one of the main characters from the “New Generation” segment of Robotech, while he recounts his experiences with the people that become his friends over the course of the series, and explores a few new mysteries about his character.

CC: What’s interesting about Robotech is that it covers what seems to be three timelines, could you introduce where it is that Love, Live, Alive takes place within the story?’

S: Love Live Alive is somewhat concurrent with The Shadow Chronicles.

CC: How long has Love, Live, Alive been in production and what makes this movie unique?

S: Love Live Alive has been in production for the last year, and is unique in that it features both old and new animation. It was originally a project started by Carl Macek, the original producer of Robotech, a few years ago but unfortunately he passed away. We’ve continued it to completion, sort of as a way to let Carl give his final farewell to the fans.

CC: Will we be seeing the return of any familiar characters?

S: Yes, it features most of the major characters from the “New Generation” segment of Robotech.

CC: Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles came out a few years ago and never actually managed to finish off the storyline involving the Invid. Will Love, Live, Alive be doing this?

S: No, instead of being a sequel, Love Live Alive is a side story, something they call a “gai-den” in Japanese.

CC: If Love, Live, Alive does not complete the Invid storyline, will we be seeing a sequel to The Shadow Chronicles that does?

S: Yes, we do have a planned sequel for The Shadow Chronicles, which will be called Shadow Rising.

CC: I was reading your biography that our friends over at Beyond Home Entertainment sent over and this line particularly stood out to me: “While still a young college student and part-time hacker in 1998…”.. Could you, maybe, hint at any hacks that you have undertaken (I’m a security student myself, personal interest here)?

S: Haha, nothing too much I’d brag about now, I wrote that a long time ago and hackers have gotten so much better since then. Nothing fancy by today’s standards.

CC: One of the main draws of Robotech are the series transforming Mecha. Will we being seeing the return of any models used in each series?

S: It features several classic mecha and ships in new animated battle scenes.

CC: A thing that has always been popular in Robotech is that each series has had some kind of Idol character, will we being the return of any new idol characters or will we have a new idol character (or, like, none)?

S: We are treated to a new concert performance by Yellow Dancer.

CC: Where can I buy a Variatech mecha, not a model, like an actual transforming jet fighter?

S: So I’m told by Australian fans that unfortunately there isn’t official toy distribution in Australia and that you’re forced to buy most of your Robotech toys from American retailers? I can’t promise anything but I’ll speak to our toy licensee to see if there is anything that can be done about that.

CC: This Robotech movie, are you aiming it at a mature audience considering that the fans growing up with Robotech are now an older audience, or are you trying to make the film as accessible as possible?

S: I suppose that since it is a retrospective, it is aimed at our long-time fans, but at the same time since it summarizes most of the last season of Robotech it also works as an introduction to Robotech for new viewers.
10 years 11 months ago #20336

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds