The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

What's nastier is his attitude he gets with me when I tell him "no" or "Stop that" he turns vicious and bites the shit out of my hand or fingers. He does not like when I use my stern voice on him lol.

In other news I discovered the most unlikely kind of mouse repellent.. Fake snakes. I got myself some of those and have been planting them around the room and posing them so that they look real. Got to move them around every day so the mice don't wise up. My room be looking like the temple of doom with all these bastards laid out on the floor, but it works.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
2 years 4 months ago #30118

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

BUT ISNT A MOUSE TRAP A BETTER THING?

THE MICE WILL JUST DUPLICATE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
2 years 4 months ago #30122

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

I got traps too, had traps for quite a while and only ever caught one. I had to bait the others using Dcon I had cut up and coated in chocolate. That took out another one in about a week. It doesn't kill fast enough IMO. But I used to catch another little bastard running around at night until I got the fake snakes. Haven't seen any since. They're rubber snakes too, and the head is kind of bent in a u shape, but on my tile floor, if you try to adjust the head, it will slowly move like its alive.

I actually found out about the snakes on amazon just searching for different kinds of repellent. I first ended up on fake owls people use in their gardens to frighten rodents and birds, and then saw suggestions for fake snakes and I was like, okay this I gotta see. And I started reading various reviews for the snakes and finding that people have been able to keep mice out of their vehicles by placing these snakes around them. So I thought, if it can keep a mouse away from your car, then why not your house too? So I got them just to test it out, and like I said, have not seen any since.

But the main trick is to continually fool them, you have to move the snakes around the room and reposition them so that it looks like they're alive and just resting. I've been doing this for almost two weeks now and it works. Even better, my birds think they're real too and sound the alarm which makes it even better. Because before thism, I had tried different traps and I had tried damn peppermint sprays too. I actually hate the smell of peppermint now because of that crap, and it did not repel them at all.

The snakes on the other hand, are doing the job and better than I expected. I got four birds in total who make a big mess so I'm constantly cleaning up the floors so mice aren't getting free food. But ever so often I'll place one of the snakes around the bottom of the cage to make it look like its on the hunt lol. I got ones that look fairly real too, that is also key.

I plan on getting some real snakes soon, gartners to be exact. I want to start breeding them and releasing them around the neighborhood so us people have a better form of pest control, cause the cats around here suck at the job. My landlord owns several properties up and down this street and he told me a lot of his tenants are having problems with mice, but he doesn't allow cats or dogs in his rentals so yeah. Kinda screws the lot of us over.

I'm glad the fake snakes are working for me at least.

2 years 4 months ago #30123

• ds55
  • ds55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross
  • Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

Had a gnat problem with the boff and on weather
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
2 years 4 months ago #30126

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I only ever get stinkbugs and ladybugs.

2 years 4 months ago #30127

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

SPIDERS AND GNATS.

CATS TAKE CARE OF THEM THO. WINTER EVERYTHING IS DORMANT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
2 years 4 months ago #30130

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

We get deer here too, I've seen their tracks in the snow around my front porch in winter. One of my neighbors has a garden so she hates when the deer eat her plants, but for some stupid reason throws old produce out in her yard. I've told her she's feeding the deer and other critters but she won't listen to me.

2 years 4 months ago #30133

• ds55
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross

Replied by ds55 on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

Yep I've seen a few dear on the way to work.
The gnats are dieing slowly

#Biden not my President!
2 years 4 months ago #30135

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I don't mind seeing deer in the neighborhood, what I'm worried about is when the animals that hunt the deer, follow them to the neighborhood, because then people's pets go missing. That's my only concern.

We've actually had black bear sightings around my town too, which is rare.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
2 years 4 months ago #30136

• ds55
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross

Next week suppose to warm up again

#Biden not my President!
2 years 4 months ago #30138

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds