SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I concur. For example. I've gotten over the course of the last two weeks:
-Macross Frontier- DX VF-25F Messiah with Tornado Pack
-Macross Frontier- Powered Parts for the Tornado Pack
-Macross Frontier- VF-25F Super Parts
-Macross Frontier- 2x Clear smoked DX Stands
-Macross Frontier- DX VF-25S Messiah with Armored Parts

The point: A portion could've gone into HG's pocket. But since they want to block Macross from US sale and distribution, unless they get some obnoxius ammount of percentages from sales, they loose out on this booty. Take this and multiply it by the masses, and it sucks to be HG.

Did you get good deals on those black? I just ordered the Max and Milia VF-22S's cause they were 60% off each and I still haven't told my wife about it though I'm sure she'll know soon enough.

Seriously though, getting Robotech to be a household name should be a priority NOW, not in 10 years or whenever the LAM may come out. HG had their chance after the "success" of Shadow Chronicles like Tom Bateman and every banned fan on rt.com has said but they let it slip away. The few fans that are around are willing to throw down some serious cash for Robotech as long as the item is worth it. Look at the Masterpieces for instance. I sold a set of all 6 Macross Veritechs sealed for $700 and my old, used version 1 Yamato Valkyries (currently on eBay) have been getting me emails from around the world. True, the Betas could have sold better but, with the horrendous quality of the Alphas, not many fans are gonna buy a Beta to stand next to a broken Alpha and you won't buy a Beta unless you have an Alpha. Still, the fact that Toynami is going for items at a lower price point makes sense, they just need to stick to schedules and actually release toys rather than just showing prototypes at cons. Toynami also needs to be proud to use the Robotech name rather than just Macross but I guess they agree that the name Robotech isn't marketable.
12 years 11 months ago #16268

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

ps99041 wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I concur. For example. I've gotten over the course of the last two weeks:
-Macross Frontier- DX VF-25F Messiah with Tornado Pack
-Macross Frontier- Powered Parts for the Tornado Pack
-Macross Frontier- VF-25F Super Parts
-Macross Frontier- 2x Clear smoked DX Stands
-Macross Frontier- DX VF-25S Messiah with Armored Parts

The point: A portion could've gone into HG's pocket. But since they want to block Macross from US sale and distribution, unless they get some obnoxius ammount of percentages from sales, they loose out on this booty. Take this and multiply it by the masses, and it sucks to be HG.

Did you get good deals on those black? I just ordered the Max and Milia VF-22S's cause they were 60% off each and I still haven't told my wife about it though I'm sure she'll know soon enough.

Seriously though, getting Robotech to be a household name should be a priority NOW, not in 10 years or whenever the LAM may come out. HG had their chance after the "success" of Shadow Chronicles like Tom Bateman and every banned fan on rt.com has said but they let it slip away. The few fans that are around are willing to throw down some serious cash for Robotech as long as the item is worth it. Look at the Masterpieces for instance. I sold a set of all 6 Macross Veritechs sealed for $700 and my old, used version 1 Yamato Valkyries (currently on eBay) have been getting me emails from around the world. True, the Betas could have sold better but, with the horrendous quality of the Alphas, not many fans are gonna buy a Beta to stand next to a broken Alpha and you won't buy a Beta unless you have an Alpha. Still, the fact that Toynami is going for items at a lower price point makes sense, they just need to stick to schedules and actually release toys rather than just showing prototypes at cons. Toynami also needs to be proud to use the Robotech name rather than just Macross but I guess they agree that the name Robotech isn't marketable.

It set me back at about 750. I've been thinking about selling my mpcs and id probably make back if not more. But the rep of the Robo-tech name is so BAD in every way. I feel as if I'm stuck with them. HG has just ruined everything for the fandom.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 11 months ago #16269

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

The best thing for HG to do is to ultimately put money on the table and get someone who has experience truly working with Anime studios to head up an RT reboot. Not saying TSC can't fit in, but new animation = new toys to sell which = new money.

Have to spend to earn....New character designs, new mecha designs. Make you story to it's own animation. Tommy is ultimately a comic guy. Taking 4 years to head up production on a sub quality 88 minute animation is a waste of time and resources. When I watched "Birth of a Sequel" and saw Chris Pyrnoski as a consultant I was just dumbfounded. The guys does more MTV/Stoner stuff and you bring him in to work on Robotech? Come on HG.....nothing against him but his expertise is in a different type of animation.

They need to get someone with anime experience and do something to move forward that will lead to more money. Take the money they have and take a risk, play to win and not to not lose. There is a big difference.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16271

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Richardmvela wrote:

The best thing for HG to do is to ultimately put money on the table and get someone who has experience truly working with Anime studios to head up an RT reboot. Not saying TSC can't fit in, but new animation = new toys to sell which = new money.

Have to spend to earn....New character designs, new mecha designs. Make you story to it's own animation. Tommy is ultimately a comic guy. Taking 4 years to head up production on a sub quality 88 minute animation is a waste of time and resources. When I watched "Birth of a Sequel" and saw Chris Pyrnoski as a consultant I was just dumbfounded. The guys does more MTV/Stoner stuff and you bring him in to work on Robotech? Come on HG.....nothing against him but his expertise is in a different type of animation.

They need to get someone with anime experience and do something to move forward that will lead to more money. Take the money they have and take a risk, play to win and not to not lose. There is a big difference.

I've used the line about taking risks and spending money to make money back on rt.com just to be told by McKeevie that they only spend money wisely and that I don't know anything. Not sure how wise it is to just pay 3 salaries for people who do nothing. :huh:
12 years 11 months ago #16272

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

ps99041 wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

I've used the line about taking risks and spending money to make money back on rt.com just to be told by McKeevie that they only spend money wisely and that I don't know anything. Not sure how wise it is to just pay 3 salaries for people who do nothing. :huh:

they do stuff. look at all the hard work we've seen over the course of the last year:

robotechnews.blogspot.com/

lets not forget this gem:

and then:

not to mention the rehash of old stuff:

www.facebook.com/robotech

These guys work hard for Robo-Tech.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 11 months ago #16278

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

To be fair, that's my interpretation of the rt2011 preview based on Memo's description and primarily using the comics.
I'm sure HG's con-only preview is so much better than my version ;)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16290

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

rtsurfer wrote:

To be fair, that's my interpretation of the rt2011 preview based on Memo's description and primarily using the comics.
I'm sure HG's con-only preview is so much better than my version ;)

HAHAHA. YOURS IS WELL DONE THERE RTSURFER. GIVE YOU THAT.

BEEN MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AND DR.MOVIE HAS MOVED UP SINCE SHADOW CHRONICLES. WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE. AS WELL AS THE HG STAFF THEMSELVES.

LIKE MICHAEL BAY AND TRANSFORMERS, LETS SEE HOW THE SERIES MOVIES IMPROVES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16298

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BEEN MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AND DR.MOVIE HAS MOVED UP SINCE SHADOW CHRONICLES. WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE. AS WELL AS THE HG STAFF THEMSELVES.

LIKE MICHAEL BAY AND TRANSFORMERS, LETS SEE HOW THE SERIES MOVIES IMPROVES.

Dr. Movie was capable of much better work than they did on Shadow Chronicles five years ago. If they had made Shadow Chronicles today it would likely still not measure up to their other work, you get what you pay for.

I'm confused, are you suggesting HG's staff should change to improve the next movie or are you blaming the faults of Shadow Chronicles on a certain staff member who was fired by HG? Need to change staff, I agree. Blaming a former staff member, that wasn't his movie and if he had been in charge we would have gotten a completely different movie, "Shadow Force".

I doubt the quality level will improve with Shadow Rising, remember HG plans to ride the coattails of the LAM so it doesn't have to stand on it own. That's if Shadow Rising ever gets made.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16305

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: SHADOW CHRONICLES: PROFIT AND COST?

rtsurfer wrote:

I'm confused, are you suggesting HG's staff should change to improve the next movie or are you blaming the faults of Shadow Chronicles on a certain staff member who was fired by HG? Need to change staff, I agree. Blaming a former staff member, that wasn't his movie and if he had been in charge we would have gotten a completely different movie, "Shadow Force".

SAYING THAT THE STAFF OF NOW. THAT HG STAFF SHOULD IMPROVE FROM THE LAST. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EX EMPLOYEE. CURRENTLY THE STAFF NOW SHOULD IMPROVE. ALWAYS ROOM FOR THAT ON THE NEXT PRODUCT.

I doubt the quality level will improve with Shadow Rising, remember HG plans to ride the coattails of the LAM so it doesn't have to stand on it own. That's if Shadow Rising ever gets made.

A LONG WAIT AND SEE. :(
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16314

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

A LONG WAIT AND SEE. :(

And this is why the Robotech franchise is in trouble. Why wait and see when you could have produced and made a good return if not gangbusters? Obviously, Tommy and crew realized their mistake of not going through with Shadow Rising ASAP which why we're supposedly getting a sidequel though even that's not official yet. Still, the momentum from Shadow Chronicles is gone so this may be too little too late as the sidequel won't be bringing in tons of new fans the way a new Shadow series would have done. :(
12 years 11 months ago #16317

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds