Would U like a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?Michael bradley onboard?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Would U like a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?Michael bradley onboard?

I wanted to find out from everyone here on robotechx.com and ask how many of you would like to see the original soundtrack from Robotech Shadow Chronicles or do you think that they should try a new soundtrack, and why? I personally think that they should just go ahead and do one of three things, one keep the SC soundtrack since I thought that it was rather awesome, they did the same for Robotech II The Sentenels if everyone remembers that one. Two use the soundtrack from the original series, as that was really good in my humble opinion. Or last but not least go with a totally brand new soundtrack. I just know I am glad to see that they are doing more Robotech, I think that we owe it to the memory of Carl Macek. I would also say that we owe it to his memory as well to finish off the Sentenels as well, this way we can see how the REF became allies with the Haydonites as well. This is my personal opinion though.
Shadow Leader
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 months ago #17868

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

I'm more interested in seeing Shadow Rising actually being released before I die so I can't even think of what soundtrack they should use. In fact, if it saves HG time and money, thus increasing the chances we'll see Shadow Rising, I'd say forget the soundtrack altogether.
12 years 3 months ago #17869

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

INTERESTING THOUGHT.

WELL, I THINK HG LET OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED IN MUSIC FOR THE ORIGINAL ROBOTECH SERIES. EXAMPLE THE USE OF OF THE SUPERMAN STYLE THEME IN ROBOTECH, AN IDEA BY Ulpio Minucci TO USE IN ROBOTECH.

LATER THAT IDEA WAS USED IN SHADOW CHRONICLES.

SO FOR SHADOW RISING I THINK THEY WILL CONTINUE WITH NEW MUSIC.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 2 months ago #17873

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

I think that they should find a way to make it kind of dark in a way, since it seems like it is going to be a dark chapter in the REF as well as Earth's history, with the Invid taking all the protoculture, and now the Haydonites waging a war against the REF because they use protoculture, and the new protoculture matrix still aboard the damaged SDF-3 in the Omicron Sector, I would call that a dark chapter. I think that a soundtrack reflecting this would actually be a great idea.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17876

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Shadow Leader wrote:

I think that they should find a way to make it kind of dark in a way, since it seems like it is going to be a dark chapter in the REF as well as Earth's history, with the Invid taking all the protoculture, and now the Haydonites waging a war against the REF because they use protoculture, and the new protoculture matrix still aboard the damaged SDF-3 in the Omicron Sector, I would call that a dark chapter. I think that a soundtrack reflecting this would actually be a great idea.
Shadow Leader

Pure speculation here, but I think the next chapter is gonna be the "happy-go-lucky" chapter. The Karbarrans will show up, and they'll have lots of goofy antics. The Praxians will do pole-dances, and the cow that licked the side of Lisa Hayse's head will show up and do a tap dance.

The soundtrack should reflect such wacky goings-on.
12 years 2 months ago #17887

Replied by Operator7G on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Shadow Leader

Have you heard of Jesper Kyd's Robotech Invasion soundtrack? I HIGHLY recommend that over Shadow Chronicles. RSC's soundtrack was a joke.
12 years 2 months ago #17893

Replied by Shadow-Leader on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

I did like the soundtrack for Robotech Invasion, that was pretty good, at least I thought that it was. If someone could provide me with a website address so I could take a listen to the music, then I would be willing to do so, right now I am only working with what I have to work with.
Shadow Leader
12 years 2 months ago #17895

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Operator7G wrote:

Have you heard of Jesper Kyd's Robotech Invasion soundtrack? I HIGHLY recommend that over Shadow Chronicles. RSC's soundtrack was a joke.

AND

Shadow Leader wrote:

I did like the soundtrack for Robotech Invasion, that was pretty good, at least I thought that it was. If someone could provide me with a website address so I could take a listen to the music, then I would be willing to do so, right now I am only working with what I have to work with.
Shadow Leader

YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD IDEA. GOING TO RUN THAT WITH TOMMY. ALSO WILL POST IN RT.COM

THIS WOULD FIT WELL WITH ROBOTECH LOVE LIVE ALIVE THOUGHT. BRINGING IN SOME OF THAT MUSIC.

Jesper Kyd IMBD
www.imdb.com/name/nm1224245/

FB
www.facebook.com/pages/Jesper-Kyd/93907508766?sk=wall

WEBSITE
www.jesperkyd.com/
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 2 months ago #17914

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD IDEA. GOING TO RUN THAT WITH TOMMY. ALSO WILL POST IN RT.COM

THIS WOULD FIT WELL WITH ROBOTECH LOVE LIVE ALIVE THOUGHT. BRINGING IN SOME OF THAT MUSIC.

What's wrong with using the Robotech tv series bgm and New Gen songs by Michael Bradley for RTLLA or maybe even the newer versions by Michael Bradley?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 2 months ago #17917

rtsurfer wrote:

What's wrong with using the Robotech tv series bgm and New Gen songs by Michael Bradley for RTLLA or maybe even the newer versions by Michael Bradley?

NOTHING. THEY ALREADY THERE. OLD MUSIC I MEAN. BUT NOT MUCH WAS USED IN THE NEW PRODUCTION OF SHADOW CHRONICLES.

FOR ADDITIONAL MUSIC THOUGHT I THINK HG WILL TALK TO MICHAEL ONCE THE TIME IS RIGHT. IT'S STILL GOOD TO BRING IN THE INVASION GAME COMPOSER AS WELL. SINCE I BELIEVE THE SAME WILL BE DONE WITH RLLA. CHANGING THE MUSIC.
12 years 2 months ago #17919

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds