Would U like a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?Michael bradley onboard?

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive? was created by rtsurfer

Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

It has been confirmed that HG's rt2011/12 animated project will be Mospeada Love Live Alive footage combined with unseen and new footage. Mospeada Love Live Alive is a 1980's music video using new and flashback footage set shortly after the conclusion of the Genesis Climber Mospeada tv series which became Robotech: The New Generation. Reports have Cam Clarke (aka Jimmy Flinders), the voice of Max Sterling and LANCER, participating in the announcement of this project at the Robotech Universe Premiere on Oct 17th.

I've learned from my friends in California that Michael Bradley has not been contacted concerning this project. Who is Michael Bradley, some of you may ask, he was the singing voice of Yellow Dancer aka Lancer in The New Generation. He both wrote and performed the songs in The New Generation as well as songs in The Untold Story/The Movie and wrote the Flower of Life. While reports have Robotech Love Live Alive not being a music video like the original anime, it will surely have a sound track with background music and possibly songs since LLA contains concert footage and Lancer is a performer.

Michael Bradley is loved by many Robotech fans and has done a lot to keep the dwindling franchise alive and active. He has had very successful tours through the Americas to large audiences, the Spanish fans have been especially receptive. Last year he performed at the 25th Anniversary event, the only true anniversary event and organized by fans for fans, this gathering was attended by many of the cast and crew who made the Robotech tv series possible. Lonely Soldier Boy I & II are two of his albums which feature his amazing Robotech music with new arrangements. HG has had no part in the making of these albums or their distribution, in fact they weren't even available in the rt.com store.

Excluding Michael Bradley from a Yellow Dancer project would be disrespectful to the Robotech franchise, its devoted fans, and especially Michael Bradley who was and still is Yellow Dancer. I certainly hope it turns out that HG just hasn't gotten around to contacting him yet and they actually do plan to utilize his talents on this project. It would be very unfortunate if this were to become a repeat of Shadow Chronicles where beloved and very capable voice actors who worked on the Robotech tv series were recast for no apparent reason. Thanks to an outcry from the fans some but sadly not all of those VA's were rehired to re-record the dialogue of their characters.

I no longer have access to rt.com, rtfb, or HG's Robotech staff but I would still like an answer, why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

¿Por qué es Michael Bradley están excluidos de Robotech amor en vivo Vivo?

Se ha confirmado que rt2011/12 proyecto animado HG será Mospeada amor en vivo imágenes de vivos combinados con imágenes no vistas y los nuevos. Mospeada Love Live Alive es un video musical de 1980 con nuevas imágenes y flashback conjunto poco después de la conclusión de que el escalador Genesis Mospeada serie de televisión que se convirtió en Robotech: The New Generation. Los informes han Cam Clarke (también conocido como Jimmy Flinders), la voz de Max Sterling y el Lancer, que participan en el anuncio de este proyecto en el Premiere universo Robotech en 17 de octubre.

He aprendido de mis amigos en California que Michael Bradley no ha sido contactado en relación con este proyecto. ¿Quién es Michael Bradley, algunos de ustedes pueden preguntar, fue la voz cantante de Yellow Lancer bailarín conocido en la nueva generación. Él mismo escribió y realizó las canciones de la nueva generación, así como las canciones de la historia no contada / la película y escribió la Flor de la Vida. Mientras que los informes han Amor Robotech en vivo Vivo no ser un video musical como el anime original, seguramente tendrá una banda sonora con música de fondo y, posiblemente, canciones desde LLA contiene imágenes de conciertos y el Lancer es un artista.

Michael Bradley es amado por muchos fans de Robotech y ha hecho mucho para mantener la franquicia disminución viva y activa. Él ha tenido giras muy exitosas a través de las Américas a grandes audiencias, los fans españoles han sido especialmente receptivo. El año pasado actuó en el evento del 25 aniversario, el único evento del aniversario real y organizado por fans y para fans, esta reunión contó con la presencia de muchos de los actores y el equipo que hizo la serie de televisión Robotech posible. Solo Soldier Boy I y II son dos de sus álbumes que cuentan con su música Robotech increíble con nuevos arreglos. HG ha tenido ningún papel en la elaboración de estos álbumes o su distribución, de hecho, ni siquiera en la tienda rt.com.

Excluyendo Michael Bradley de un proyecto de Yellow Dancer sería una falta de respeto a la franquicia de Robotech, sus fanáticos y, especialmente, Michael Bradley, que era y sigue siendo Yellow Dancer. Ciertamente espero que resulta que HG simplemente no ha tenido tiempo de ponerse en contacto con él, pero que en realidad hacen y planean utilizar su talento en este proyecto. Sería muy lamentable que esto se convirtiera en una repetición de Shadow Chronicles, donde agentes de la voz amada y muy capaz, que trabajó en la serie de televisión Robotech fueron refundidas, sin razón aparente. Gracias a las protestas de los aficionados algunos, pero lamentablemente no todos de los de VA fueron recontratados para volver a grabar el diálogo de sus personajes.

Yo ya no tengo acceso a rt.com, rtfb, o el personal Robotech HG, pero aun así me gustaría una respuesta, ¿por qué Michael Bradley ser excluidos de Robotech amor en vivo Vivo?
*Spanish translation using Google.

EDIT: Took out the "Why" in the title. Sounds less accusatory without it.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer. Reason: Took out the "Why" in the title. Sounds less accusatory without it.
12 years 5 months ago #17617

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

rtsurfer wrote:

YOU DO KNOW NOT MANY ACTORS HAS BEEN CONTACTED AS OF YET. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PROJECT IS IN PRODUCTION.

I SAY PROBABLY TO EARLY FOR THIS QUESTION AND LATER WE WILL FIND OUT IF MICHAEL WILL BE IN IT.

I HOPE HE DOES COME BACK AND LIKE EVERYONE WISH THE SAME. JUST A WAIT AND SEE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 5 months ago #17620

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

YOU DO KNOW NOT MANY ACTORS HAS BEEN CONTACTED AS OF YET. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PROJECT IS IN PRODUCTION.

I SAY PROBABLY TO EARLY FOR THIS QUESTION AND LATER WE WILL FIND OUT IF MICHAEL WILL BE IN IT.

I HOPE HE DOES COME BACK AND LIKE EVERYONE WISH THE SAME. JUST A WAIT AND SEE.

Surely Lancer/Yellow Dancer is going to be a major character based on what we know about this project, I would think two of the first people HG would talk to is his Voice Actor (Cam Clarke) and Singing voice (Michael Bradley). Not to mention that Michael's Yellow Dancer songs and instrumentals often set the mood in New Gen, I suspect fans will expect something similar in RT LLA especially since Mospeada LLA is a concert video with Yellow performing.

Memo, what did you mean by "IN THE SCREENING, IT WAS SAID THAT THIS WILL NOT BE A MUSICAL LIKE WHAT LOVE LIVE ALIVE IS."? Perhaps thats HG's way of saying there will be no vocals and hence no Michael Bradley singing.

I understand that Michael wasn't invited to the the tribute to Carl at the HG theater Monday night. He wasn't even ask to contribute an interview to the Carl Macek's Robotech Universe documentary. Wasn't Carl on his way to meet with Michael at one of his concerts on the day that he died, and HG has the gall to exclude him from Carl's documentary and tribute *sigh*

12 years 5 months ago #17623

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

rtsurfer wrote:

Last year he performed at the 25th Anniversary event, the only true anniversary event and organized by fans for fans, this gathering was attended by many of the cast and crew who made the Robotech tv series possible.

ACTUALLY THERE BEEN OTHER EVENTS. IN L.A. AND SOUTH AMERICA WHERE MICHAEL PERFORMED FOR THE FANS IN EVENTS DONE BY FANS.

Lonely Soldier Boy I & II are two of his albums which feature his amazing Robotech music with new arrangements. HG has had no part in the making of these albums or their distribution, in fact they weren't even available in the rt.com store.

NEWS
MB ON ROBOTECH.COM MARCH 8, 2007
www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=305

STORE
www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=301

RT.COM FRONT PAGE
web.archive.org/web/20070314010411/http://www.robotech.com/

I certainly hope it turns out that HG just hasn't gotten around to contacting him yet and they actually do plan to utilize his talents on this project.

HE WAS CONTACTED BOTH FOR THE PREMIER AND CARL MACEK DOC.

It would be very unfortunate if this were to become a repeat of Shadow Chronicles where beloved and very capable voice actors who worked on the Robotech tv series were recast for no apparent reason. Thanks to an outcry from the fans some but sadly not all of those VA's were rehired to re-record the dialogue of their characters.

THAT IS SOMETHING BETWEEN HG AND MICHAEL. NO SECRET THERE BEEN SOMETHING BETWEEN THEM IN THE PAST. BUT IT HAS TO BE SOLVED BETWEEN THEM. LET'S LEAVE IT AT THAT SHALL WE.

I no longer have access to rt.com, rtfb, or HG's Robotech staff but I would still like an answer, why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

LIKE I SAID. SOMETHING THAT ITS OUT OF THE FANDOM REACH AND ONLY HG AND MICHAEL WILL NEED TO COME TO TERMS.

YOU CAN ASK MICHAEL TOO. HE DOES HAVE A PAGE WHERE HE CAN COMMUNICATE THIS WITH THE FANS.

NOW I CAN SEE WHY THIS GUY WAS BANNED.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 5 months ago #17626

rtsurfer wrote:

Memo, what did you mean by "IN THE SCREENING, IT WAS SAID THAT THIS WILL NOT BE A MUSICAL LIKE WHAT LOVE LIVE ALIVE IS."? Perhaps thats HG's way of saying there will be no vocals and hence no Michael Bradley singing.

JUST THAT. THE LLA THAT WE KNOW NOW IS A MUSICAL. THAT THING IS LONG MUSIC VIDEO.

I WOULD EXPECT THERE WILL BE 80 TRACKS IN THE MIX LIKE IT DID FOR THE 85 EPISODES. BUT NOT AS A HUGE MUSIC VIDEO.

I understand that Michael wasn't invited to the the tribute to Carl at the HG theater Monday night. He wasn't even ask to contribute an interview to the Carl Macek's Robotech Universe documentary. Wasn't Carl on his way to meet with Michael at one of his concerts on the day that he died, and HG has the gall to exclude him from Carl's documentary and tribute *sigh*

ALREADY ANSWERED YOU IN PREVIOUS POST.

SOMEONE PULLING YOUR LEG AGAIN.
12 years 5 months ago #17627

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:
Lonely Soldier Boy I & II are two of his albums which feature his amazing Robotech music with new arrangements. HG has had no part in the making of these albums or their distribution, in fact they weren't even available in the rt.com store.

NEWS
MB ON ROBOTECH.COM MARCH 8, 2007
www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=305

STORE
www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=301

RT.COM FRONT PAGE
web.archive.org/web/20070314010411/http://www.robotech.com/

I admit when I'm wrong and I missed those big time. I don't recall ever seeing them, maybe they were during the period when I had almost nothing to do with Robotech online. Still, I really should have seen LSB listed in the store as I have browsed it a couple of times since I became active in the fandom again. Brain fart :laugh:

You know why I was banned, we were friends when it happened. I refused to apologize for calling some, one in particular, of the rt.com mods flunkies and telling Steve he was being unprofessional. I got tired of how those mods and Steve were treating some of the fans, especially ones who spoke their mind. They were acting like flunkies and Steve was behaving unprofessionally.

12 years 5 months ago #17633

rtsurfer wrote:

You know why I was banned, we were friends when it happened. I refused to apologize for calling some, one in particular, of the rt.com mods flunkies and telling Steve he was being unprofessional. I got tired of how those mods and Steve were treating some of the fans, especially ones who spoke their mind. They were acting like flunkies and Steve was behaving unprofessionally.
?????

WAIT.. YOU WROTE THAT? I THOUGHT YOU WERE COPYING AND PASTING SOMEONE'S ELSE WORDS.

ONE THING I KNOW OF YOU IS THAT YOU ARE THOROUGH. WHY YOU NOT KNOWING THREW ME OFF.

AND THAT ABOUT BEING BANNED WAS MEANT FOR, WHO I THOUGHT WAS, SOMEONE ELSE NOT YOU.

SO I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID AS WELL. SINCE THAT DAY AND AFTER I HAD NOTHING AGAINST YOU AND ITS ALL UNDER THE BRIDGE MAN. EVEN IF WE DISAGREE ON MANY THINGS. I WAS ACTUALLY WAS SAD TO SEE YOU GO.... AND DISAPPEAR.

:)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 5 months ago #17634

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

Rtsurfer never disappeared. He just went to another site like the rest of us banned rt.com members.
12 years 5 months ago #17638

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

I ask for clarification concerning the tribute and documentary, here is a paraphrase of what I was told.
In 2010 Michael Bradley was asked to participate in Carl's documentary. He even suggested the possibility of producing a mix of maybe three songs (excerpts) for HG to use. The interview was never set up.
In Dec that same year, HG ask Michael to help them identify newly discovered tracks for the 25th anniversary soundtrack. Because he was busy he told them it would have to be after Christmas, Tommy supposedly said it was ok then went to Steve Wittmack instead, who had to ask Michael because he didn't know. Michael never heard back about being interviewed for the documentary, apparently Steve discussed the music in his interview instead. Apparently his thoughts on Robotech's music wasn't important.
Kevin did send Michael a generic "form" email, he declined to attend. It was a slap in the face to invite him, especially with a generic email, after he had been left out of the documentary. The circumstances of the invitation and a subsequent conversation with Tommy were both insulting.

Back to the purpose of this thread, will Michael Bradley be asked to participate in the Robotech Love Live Alive project? I sure other fans would agree with me that he should reprise the role of Lancer/Yellow Dancer's song voice, and having him work on RT LLA's soundtrack would almost certainly improve the quality of the production. I hope that I'm wrong about Micheal being excluded.

12 years 5 months ago #17640

rtsurfer wrote:

Back to the purpose of this thread

GOOD

will Michael Bradley be asked to participate in the Robotech Love Live Alive project? I sure other fans would agree with me that he should reprise the role of Lancer/Yellow Dancer's song voice, and having him work on RT LLA's soundtrack would almost certainly improve the quality of the production. I hope that I'm wrong about Micheal being excluded.

ONE 100% AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE AND I KNOW WE WILL HAVE TOMMY ON THE SPANISH PODCAST SOON. THERE ARE A LOT OF QUESTIONS SO I DON'T KNOW REALLY HOW MUCH WE WILL GET BACK.

ALSO, MAV IS GETTING HIS HEALTH BACK SO WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN UP ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST AS WELL. WE WILL INVITE TOMMY AND KEVIN. AND AGAIN, DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WILL GET.

THERE IS ALSO A ROBOTECH PANEL AT THE LONG BEACH COMIC CON. I KNOW FANS WILL ASK JUST ABOUT THE SAME QUESTIONS AND I WILL HOPE TO GET IT ON TAPE AND ON YOUTUBE.

SO RIGHT NOW WE CAN JUST WAIT AND SEE.

HG ALREADY HAS A LIBRARY OF YELLOW DANCER MUSIC COMPOSED BY MICHAEL. SO DON'T KNOW IF MICHAEL WILL HAVE A SAY ON THAT. BUT I DO WISH HE CAN BRING IN NEW MUSIC TO BOOST WHAT HE ALREADY HAS AS A LIBRARY OF ROBOTECH HITS. LIKE YOU SAID 3 SONGS OR MORE. WILL SURE ASK.
12 years 5 months ago #17641

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds