Would U like a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?Michael bradley onboard?

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

Mark Warlock wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

I'm curious what he said but have no interest in listening to the podcast to find out. If what Tommy said affects the issue please tell us what he said; otherwise, I'll suppose he gave his side of what's already been said online.

This makes absolutely no sense. So you're interested in what was said and you allegedly want to know the truth, but you don't want to take the time to hear the information for yourself? You would think that someone who wants to get to the bottom of this "issue" wouldn't want second hand information that could lose something in translation. It's obvious from previous posts that things you've "heard" from this person or that person that supposedly knows was incorrect. So why continue the trend? Don't be lazy, if you want the truth and want the answers then listen to the information for yourself. Its ridiculous to continue to pass on false information when there is verifiable information out there. It’s almost like your saying… I know there’s good information, but I’m too lazy to listen to it so I’ll just assume it’s what others have said it is and just continue to pass that information around.

Someone said it best over at RT.com… “You’re entitled to your own opinions… but not your own facts”

Now I'm not trying to start some fued or anything, I just don't get how someone would refuse to listen to something for themselves and not rely on second hand information that could be wrong. Go to the source, the people who ACTUALLY know the truth.

If you're so concerned about facts and good information then why don't you tell us what was said and provide a link and time code for those who want to verify it for themselves, instead of preaching.
Should someone provide the info so I can listen to just Tommy's comments on this issue then I'll be glad to do so. Call it lazy if you want but I do not want to listen to the whole podcast or have to hunt and peck for the interview.
Concerning the passing on of false information, you are so full of it. When the info I posted was questioned, I checked on its accuracy and posted corrections. I'm not the guardian of the truth, but I don't lie. AFAIK no one has said that Tommy's comments during the podcast contradicted the info I posted with corrections, not even Memo. If what I've posted in good faith is wrong then someone should provide the corrections, no one has and I'm the lazy one.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 3 months ago #18015

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

Enough of that rtsurfer, answer this question instead.

Who would you prefer to score the music for Robotech:Shadow Rising and/or Robotech:LLA?

I just want your answer, your opinion on who you feel should compose the musical score and why?

It's a simple question, there's no need to make this political.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 3 months ago #18016

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

rtsurfer wrote;

If you're so concerned about facts and good information then why don't you tell us what was said and provide a link and time code for those who want to verify it for themselves, instead of preaching.

You sound like you're skirting around the issue, what are you so afraid of? The truth! Spoken in his own words by Tommy!

Here you go rtsurfer, have a listen around 01:46:30;

recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-92340/TS-550709.mp3

No excuses!!!

Mark Warlock wrote;

This makes absolutely no sense. So you're interested in what was said and you allegedly want to know the truth, but you don't want to take the time to hear the information for yourself? You would think that someone who wants to get to the bottom of this "issue" wouldn't want second hand information that could lose something in translation

Yeah, it strikes me odd for someone for whom has a strong interest in Robotech, he wouldnt' take the time to listen.

I guess his love of Robotech has strayed elsewhere. ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 3 months ago #18017

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

MaverickLSC wrote:

Who would you prefer to score the music for Robotech:Shadow Rising and/or Robotech:LLA?

I just want your answer, your opinion on who you feel should compose the musical score and why?

Mav...

Except that the situation was and may still be political. If you had read my comments in the other thread you would know what I think about Michael Bradley working on RTLLA. Here's your simple answer,
Michael Bradley was and still is Yellow Dancer. His musical contributions were an important and memorable part of the Robotech tv series, especially New Generation. He has continued to sing and promote Robotech to many fans, it seems to be a passion for him. Any project involving New Generation and/or Yellow Dancer/Lancer should include music and songs by Michael Bradley. While I wouldn't be surprised if HG reused music from the tv series soundtrack that they just restored, it would be sweet if Michael Bradley contributed to RTLLA's score and recorded either new Yellow songs or remixed versions of Yellow's existing songs much as he did with his two Robotech albums. That's if Yellow/Lancer even sings, while LLA is a music video it may end up with few or no songs in the final edit. I personally don't want RTLLA to be a music video but I do hope it has a couple of new/remixed Yellow songs by Michael Bradley. Does that answer your question?

12 years 3 months ago #18018

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

MaverickLSC wrote:

rtsurfer wrote;

You sound like you're skirting around the issue, what are you so afraid of? The truth! Spoken in his own words by Tommy!

For like the third time, I have no interest in listening to the podcast. Or as usual Tommy rambling and trying to be coy.
I'm not stupid, if Tommy had said anything that contradicted what I posted or addressed the subject of this thread, Memo and probably others would have been plastering it all over this board and other sites, and they didn't.

Here you go rtsurfer, have a listen around 01:46:30;

recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-92340/TS-550709.mp3

No excuses!!!

Thank you for providing the link and time index.

Mark Warlock wrote;

This makes absolutely no sense. So you're interested in what was said and you allegedly want to know the truth, but you don't want to take the time to hear the information for yourself? You would think that someone who wants to get to the bottom of this "issue" wouldn't want second hand information that could lose something in translation

Yeah, it strikes me odd for someone for whom has a strong interest in Robotech, he wouldnt' take the time to listen.

I guess his love of Robotech has strayed elsewhere. ;)

Mav...

Why, I expected to hear the same things that I've heard and read before from Tommy and HG's staff. As I pointed out above, I suspected he only confirmed what I posted from the way Memo posted about the interview in his rtlla2012 thread. I have no interest in listening to the persons' associated with this podcast, and when Tommy actually talks about something new and substantial I might listen but until then I don't really care.
I still love the 1985 Robotech tv series, just not the garbage associated with the Robotech of today.

Concerning the interview with Tommy. First of all, the initial comments I posted were based on a discussion between person's who personally know and regularly interact with Michael Bradley. After Memo pointed out some of the info was wrong I ask them for a clarification which I summorized:
rtsurfer wrote:

I ask for clarification concerning the tribute and documentary, here is a paraphrase of what I was told.
In 2010 Michael Bradley was asked to participate in Carl's documentary. He even suggested the possibility of producing a mix of maybe three songs (excerpts) for HG to use. The interview was never set up.
In Dec that same year, HG ask Michael to help them identify newly discovered tracks for the 25th anniversary soundtrack. Because he was busy he told them it would have to be after Christmas, Tommy supposedly said it was ok then went to Steve Wittmack instead, who had to ask Michael because he didn't know. Michael never heard back about being interviewed for the documentary, apparently Steve discussed the music in his interview instead. Apparently his thoughts on Robotech's music wasn't important.
Kevin did send Michael a generic "form" email, he declined to attend. It was a slap in the face to invite him, especially with a generic email, after he had been left out of the documentary. The circumstances of the invitation and a subsequent conversation with Tommy were both insulting.

I don't know which came first, my corrections or the interview with Tommy. But Memo's post about Tommy's interview, which I didn't know about until his post, quoted part of the post I took those corrections from. They ask questions based on my earlier comments about the documentary and tribute without my corrections so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know I had or was about to post them.
Tommy pretty much said what I posted in my corrections, I think the only real difference is I gave more details about what happened and related what Michael's feelings on the matter were reported to me to be. I don't know Michael personally like the cal clique does so I have to go by what they report he has said. I have known some of them for a while and have no reason to believe they are not being truthful with me. IINM one of the person's I discussed this matter with is his manager, so she should know.
The host of the podcast can attack my credibility all they want but it doesn't change the circumstances. BTW, it would have been nice if someone had told me I was discussed, and not in a positive way, during that interview.

Back to the subject, has Michael Bradley been ask or will he be asked to participate in the RTLLA project, if not why not? I must have missed this topic of discussion during the interview, which I might have as I got bored after a few mins and couldn't take any more of it after about 15.
Is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

12 years 3 months ago #18019

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

rtsurfer wrote:

MaverickLSC wrote:

Mav...

Except that the situation was and may still be political. If you had read my comments in the other thread you would know what I think about Michael Bradley working on RTLLA. Here's your simple answer,
Michael Bradley was and still is Yellow Dancer. His musical contributions were an important and memorable part of the Robotech tv series, especially New Generation. He has continued to sing and promote Robotech to many fans, it seems to be a passion for him. Any project involving New Generation and/or Yellow Dancer/Lancer should include music and songs by Michael Bradley. While I wouldn't be surprised if HG reused music from the tv series soundtrack that they just restored, it would be sweet if Michael Bradley contributed to RTLLA's score and recorded either new Yellow songs or remixed versions of Yellow's existing songs much as he did with his two Robotech albums. That's if Yellow/Lancer even sings, while LLA is a music video it may end up with few or no songs in the final edit. I personally don't want RTLLA to be a music video but I do hope it has a couple of new/remixed Yellow songs by Michael Bradley. Does that answer your question?

AN HONEST ANSWER AND I SUPPORT THIS MESSAGE...

NOW...ABOUT MAKING IT POLITICAL

rtsurfer wrote:

Has he been asked to participate in RTLLA's production?

THIS QUESTION IS BETTER THAN THE ONE BEING MADE UP. SO FAR WHO YOU SOURCING WHEN YOU USE THE WORD "EXCLUDED". WAY DIFFERENT THAN "BEING ASKED".

NOW, I SUGGEST AND I KNOW YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, IS CHECKING THE ANSWER YOURSELF. THIS WAY YOU KNOW WHO TO QUOTE WHEN YOU COME ACROSS SUCH A POLITICAL COMMENT OR CONTINUE TO ARGUE THE POLITICAL POINT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 months ago #18020

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Why is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

rtsurfer wrote:

Back to the subject, has Michael Bradley been ask or will he be asked to participate in the RTLLA project, if not why not?

MAV GAVE YOU A TIME. TRY THAT FOR AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TOMMY.

:P

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

CHECKED THE FB PAGE... JT AGAIN... SKIPPING IT.

So, um...is JT wrong...?

DON'T KNOW. HIS FANDOM OPINION IS LIKE ANYONE ELSE. THEIR OPINION. IF YOU LIKE HIS MIX THEN COOL.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 months ago #18021

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Back to the subject, has Michael Bradley been ask or will he be asked to participate in the RTLLA project, if not why not?

MAV GAVE YOU A TIME. TRY THAT FOR AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM TOMMY.

:P

Memo, I listened to him drone on again, where Mav said the answer was, and I don't hear anything that even remotely answers the question. Sure he confirms what I said in my corrections about the tribute and the documentary but where is his "Official statement" concerning whether or not Michael Bradley has been or will be asked to work on RTLLA? Please quote his answer to this specific question because I can't find it in that section of the interview, and if he actually answered this specific question the correct time code might help.

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

CHECKED THE FB PAGE... JT AGAIN... SKIPPING IT.

So, um...is JT wrong...?

DON'T KNOW. HIS FANDOM OPINION IS LIKE ANYONE ELSE. THEIR OPINION. IF YOU LIKE HIS MIX THEN COOL.

I like how you go on about don't believe the Michael Bradley facebooks because they are being run by his manager and friends/fans and not him personally. Not all actors/singers actually run their own facebooks/websites/etc, they have managers, employees, and fans who represent them. IIRC some of the info I posted came from his manager, in the business some performers have their managers speak for them. Besides, you are so quick to say don't listen to second and third hand talk now, but when you wanted everyone to know that Tommy had replaced some of the 1985 Robotech cast in TSC and they were unhappy you didn't have a problem putting out that info through me and your "deepthroat" persona at rdf-hq. Can we say hypocrite? All we're doing now is looking out for Michael Bradley and the best interest of RTLLA's soundtrack just like you did with the TSC cast back then.

12 years 3 months ago #18022

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Who would like to see a new Soundtrack for Shadow Rising?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOW...ABOUT MAKING IT POLITICAL

rtsurfer wrote:

Has he been asked to participate in RTLLA's production?

THIS QUESTION IS BETTER THAN THE ONE BEING MADE UP. SO FAR WHO YOU SOURCING WHEN YOU USE THE WORD "EXCLUDED". WAY DIFFERENT THAN "BEING ASKED".

NOW, I SUGGEST AND I KNOW YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, IS CHECKING THE ANSWER YOURSELF. THIS WAY YOU KNOW WHO TO QUOTE WHEN YOU COME ACROSS SUCH A POLITICAL COMMENT OR CONTINUE TO ARGUE THE POLITICAL POINT.

First, as far as I can tell the question still hasn't been answered, is Michael Bradley being/will be asked to participate in RTLLA or is he being excluded from RTLLA? Besides NOT "being asked" and "excluded" are pretty much the same thing, both insure he won't be involved in the RTLLA project, so not really so way different.
Looking back now, my wording of the other thread title and question could have been more diplomatic, but as far as I can tell the question, however you want to word it, still remains unanswered by Tommy or other HG staff. While I initially didn't understand all of the circumstances, I did check my info and posted a correction which was pretty much confirmed by Tommy's answers in his interview. Except for whether Michael Bradley has been or will be asked to participate in the RTLLA production, unless I somehow totally missed this answer.

As I've said before, I feel any New Generation or Yellow/Lancer project, such as Robotech Love Live Alive, should have Michael Bradley's involvement with the score and songs. You can tell I feel very strongly about it.

12 years 3 months ago #18023

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Is Michael Bradley being excluded from Robotech Love Live Alive?

rtsurfer wrote:

I like how you go on about don't believe the Michael Bradley facebooks because they are being run by his manager and friends/fans and not him personally.

I YET TO SEE A STATEMENT FROM HIS MANAGER. FRIENDS I UNDERSTAND. BUT AN ISSUE LIKE THIS A STATEMENT ON MICHAEL'S PAGE OR WEBSITE WOULD BE NICE.

Not all actors/singers actually run their own facebooks/websites/etc, they have managers, employees, and fans who represent them.

TRUE. AS A TRY TO REPRESENT ROBOTECH I DO THE SAME.

IIRC some of the info I posted came from his manager, in the business some performers have their managers speak for them.

AGAIN.. IS THERE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MANAGER OR POST THAT I AM NOT AWARE OF? ARE YOU REPRESENTING THE MANAGER AS A FAN OR YOU JUST INFORMING US?

Besides, you are so quick to say don't listen to second and third hand talk now, but when you wanted everyone to know that Tommy had replaced some of the 1985 Robotech cast in TSC and they were unhappy you didn't have a problem putting out that info through me and your "deepthroat" persona at rdf-hq. Can we say hypocrite?

DON'T REMEMBER POSTING IN RDFHQ ABOUT THAT ISSUE. NOT SURE I WAS A MEMBER. I WAS THERE AFTERWARDS WHEN DAID GOT DEMOTED IN RT.COM AND I GOT BANNED AT RDFHQ. BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

AND YOU COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES. BACK THEN YOU WERE LISTENING BOTH SIDES SINCE YOU WERE TALKING TO TOMMY AND ALSO KNOWING ABOUT THE VOICE ACTORS TO GET TO THE TRUTH OF WHAT WAS GOING ON. AND THIS WAS AT THE PRODUCTION STAGE WITH THE VOICE ACTORS.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT RLLA IS AT THAT STAGE? YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T? OR YOUR SOURCE?

I MEAN, DID NOT TOMMY SPECIFY IN THE INTERVIEW? OR MAYBE YOU DON'T CARE?

All we're doing now is looking out for Michael Bradley and the best interest of RTLLA's soundtrack just like you did with the TSC cast back then.

WE ALL ARE. YET YOU ONLY WANT TO SEE ONE SIDE OF THE SOURCE AND DON'T BOTHER WITH THE OTHER.

I KNOW MICHAEL AND HIS SIDE. I KNOW TOMMY AND HIS SIDE. THERE IS ALSO A HG SIDE. IT IS NOT A TOMMY VS. MICHAEL BRADLEY. THIS THING GOES WAY BACK BEFORE TOMMY WAS ON BOARD.

WHY I SAY YOU COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES.
12 years 3 months ago #18025

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds