To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

• Protoculture
  • Protoculture's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 13

To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment was created by Protoculture

OK, let's face it, Robotech.com is bust, just a freaking placeholder. The forums are shadows of their own selves. Thing is, RobotechX forums also show distressing signs of becoming a ghost town. The only active forum even related to Robotech are Palladium Megaverse's Robotech forum and Robotech Tactics forum.

I've seen these signs all too often with fan sites in the span of 15 years. Robotech Mailing List, The Robotech Page fan forum, RDF-HQ Board .... and now even the official Robotech.com forums.

Sure FB is the rigeur nowadays, but to be fair, FB groups for Robotech are not that many, fragmented and disenfranchised. The dearth of and exodus of some of the most vocal Robotech fans from Robotech.com forums were due to the purges of fans who are disgruntled with HG. A few are yes, Macross fans. But some of them, namely Seto Kaiba (who is banned here too), later proven to be the place of reference for many Robotech fans for technical aspects of Robotech continuity in Palladium Board.

To the admins of Robotech X, it is time to bring back the fans to interact online at one place we can called home. Robotech fans from every spectrums, from pro-HG or anti -HG, Purists and McKinneyist and yes, Macross purists too. My suggestion is simple, get McKeever or Steve Yun to put a notice of the Robotech X website on the official Robotech Facebook wall, urged fans to join Robotech X. It is a simple way to plug Robotech X and getting new blood for members recruitment.

One more thing though ..... don't follow the trigger happy, witch hunting open seasons like what happen to Robotech.com. Purging longtime members just because of differences in opinions and not toeing the HG's stance will paved the way to what happen to Robotech.com.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Protoculture.
8 years 10 months ago #21264

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

WELL, USUALLY HAPPENS WHEN SOMETHING IS NEW. TH EONES YOU NAMED IS BECAUSE OF TH ERPG GAME.
IF IT WAS NOT FOR HG GOING AFTER FANS WITH C AND D'S MAYBE FANS WOULD SHOW SUPPORT HERE WITH FAN FILMS. WHICH I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE. NOW MAYBE IN THE NEAR FUTURE WITH THE RLAM.

ALSO, WORKING ON A ROBOTECH CONVENTION THIS YEAR. WWW.PROTOCULTURECON.COM

BUT WILL SEND STEVE A MESSAGE TO USE THIS PAGE FOR NOW.

THANKS MAN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 10 months ago #21266

• Alpha1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The one and only original Alpha1 from Robotech.com
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alpha1 on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

I agree. I think that RobotechX should become the official online community for Robotech fans.

Harmony Gold has effectively abandoned Robotech.com. We have not had any updates as to the status of the RT website going forward since the initial "hacking" announcement. Since HG was able to quickly bring back the Robotech store without the original Robotech.com website, we as fans should assume that the Robotech.com website that many of us have been a part of since 2001, is dead.

This has been a long time coming in fact ever since Steve Yun made the mistake of changing The Warzone debates from actual non censored discussion to those equivalent to character versus character discussion.

From a business perspective, HG has nothing to loose by informing users that they should set up their own online communities as long as activities do not infringe on HG's business. All we as users do is post our opinions on Robotech (and Robotech.com) related discussions so it costs them nothing for sites like this one to exist.

I would also like to say that the death of Robotech.com is another example of Harmony Gold's mismanagement of a property. We as fans have gotten the shaft for many, many years. We've not seen any "new" material asside from the Shadow Chronicles and Robotech/Voltron comic book.

Harmony Gold appears to be less interested in producing any new Robotech material and instead is focusing on selling Robotech related merchandise. By using both the Robotech store and fan conventions, they are simply trying to milk fans for every dollar that they can squeeze out of us while giving us very little in return.

Ultimately the best thing for Robotech is for a media company such as Sony, Disney, or TIme Warner to purchase Robotech from Harmony Gold. Until then, I don't believe that we will see any real progress with Robotech getting a website or even a live action movie.

Yes, Yes, I know what we've been told about the live action movie, but remember talk is cheap and Harmony Gold loves to talk. For a franchise that doesn't even have its own official website, its doubtful we will see that live action movie in our lifetime or any new material that continues the story of Robotech until ownership leaves the incompetent management of Harmony Gold.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Alpha1.
8 years 10 months ago #21269

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

Protoculture wrote:
To the admins of Robotech X, it is time to bring back the fans to interact online at one place we can called home. Robotech fans from every spectrums, from pro-HG or anti -HG, Purists and McKinneyist and yes, Macross purists too. My suggestion is simple, get McKeever or Steve Yun to put a notice of the Robotech X website on the official Robotech Facebook wall, urged fans to join Robotech X. It is a simple way to plug Robotech X and getting new blood for members recruitment.

One more thing though ..... don't follow the trigger happy, witch hunting open seasons like what happen to Robotech.com. Purging longtime members just because of differences in opinions and not toeing the HG's stance will paved the way to what happen to Robotech.com.

Just my 2 cents.

Great points! RobotechX has been operational since 2007. So we've been here! Fans just don't want to sign up or skim over the articles and forums. Corporate entities of Robotech.com would not "plug" RTX on their website. Its just not their "corporate way." And MEMO founded the site as an alternative to the corporate owned Robotech.com. The intent was to distance ourselves from them solely as a fan site. This way we could operate somewhat without their legal limits.

The issue I've been is that defectors of Robotech.com join RTX and start going on and on with their dislike of Harmony Gold, even as far as having a personal vendetta against them. Which in turn red flags us (the admins and moderators) with the ban hammer. We welcome ALL sides here.

I get it, I know. People don't like HG for various reasons. But people need to learn when to chill. I agree that RTX is a wasted resource not used by ROBOTECH fans and I would like to see more fans here. Spread the word.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 10 months ago #21271

WE MIGHT HAVE STARTED IN SAN DIEGO. BEST THING IS MEETING FANS FROM ALL OVER WEST COAST FROM NEW MEXICO, SEATTLE, NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND ACROSS THE BORDER.

LOT OF FANS OUT THERE.
8 years 10 months ago #21272

• fire bomber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by fire bomber on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

good idea
8 years 9 months ago #21274

Replied by neuronphaser on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

Sadly, I missed ProtocultureCon, but what was the presence like there? I mean, both fans (I saw some photos and it looked a little on the smaller side), but also RTX folks plugging this site? What was HG's response to RTX plugging this site?

As I've been working on the Robotech Wiki, I'm trying to figure out new ways to engage people looking for Robotech info. A wiki's not a great communication device, though, just an encyclopedia, and that's fine. RTX is really the place that's most active (outside of the RPGs), so what can we leverage to get the word out and get the people talking?

I'm still working my way through other parts of this site myself, so maybe that's already being answered in droves, but just figured I'd revive the topic and see if there's new ideas ;-)
-- neuronphaser
robotech.wikia.com
8 years 5 months ago #21480

SADDLY THERE HAS NOT BEEN MUCH FANDOM ACTIVITY ON ROBOTECH FANDOM TO HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA OR PLACE FOR FANS TO GATHER. THERE ARE CONVENTIONS AROUND THE USA WHERE HG HAS BEEN INVITED TO WHERE FANS CAN ENGAGE HG ON TH EMATTER OF WHERE IS ROBOTECH DIRECTION. WE SEEN THOSE VIDEOS.

WHY PROTOCULTURE CON WAS BORN. NOW THAT WE INTRODUCED THE FIRST YEAR, LET SEE IF WE CAN GROW. ALREADY WORKING ON NEXT YEAR PLAN.

I ALSO TAKE ROBOTECHX FANDOM WHERE I CAN THROUGH CONVENTIONS WHERE I CAN TALK TO FANS AND MEET NEW POEPLE AS WELL AS OLD. ITS FUN.

WE JUST OPENED IN 2007 OR 2008. WE JUST HAD OUR FIRST CON. SO LETS SEE WHERE IT GOES IN THE COMING YEARS. ALSO LIVE ACTION IS AROUN THE CORNER. NOT TILL HG AND SONY SHOW ANYTHING NEXT YEAR THERE WILL NOT BE A HUGE MOVEMENT.

AND THANKS FOR THE WIKI
8 years 5 months ago #21481

Replied by neuronphaser on topic To Sighup and MEMO - RobotechX recruitment

MEMO1DOMINION wrote: SADDLY THERE HAS NOT BEEN MUCH FANDOM ACTIVITY ON ROBOTECH FANDOM TO HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA OR PLACE FOR FANS TO GATHER. THERE ARE CONVENTIONS AROUND THE USA WHERE HG HAS BEEN INVITED TO WHERE FANS CAN ENGAGE HG ON TH EMATTER OF WHERE IS ROBOTECH DIRECTION. WE SEEN THOSE VIDEOS.

WHY PROTOCULTURE CON WAS BORN. NOW THAT WE INTRODUCED THE FIRST YEAR, LET SEE IF WE CAN GROW. ALREADY WORKING ON NEXT YEAR PLAN.

I ALSO TAKE ROBOTECHX FANDOM WHERE I CAN THROUGH CONVENTIONS WHERE I CAN TALK TO FANS AND MEET NEW POEPLE AS WELL AS OLD. ITS FUN.

WE JUST OPENED IN 2007 OR 2008. WE JUST HAD OUR FIRST CON. SO LETS SEE WHERE IT GOES IN THE COMING YEARS. ALSO LIVE ACTION IS AROUN THE CORNER. NOT TILL HG AND SONY SHOW ANYTHING NEXT YEAR THERE WILL NOT BE A HUGE MOVEMENT.

AND THANKS FOR THE WIKI

Of course!

Thanks for the lowdown. It all certainly makes sense.
-- neuronphaser
robotech.wikia.com
8 years 5 months ago #21482

NO PROBLEM.

LITTLE BY LITTLE LET SEE WHERE IT TAKES US.
8 years 5 months ago #21483

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds