Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

NOW WITH HG FIXING THEIR SITE, THATS ALL UP TO THEM. THEY ARE THE OFFICIAL SITE ADN ONLY PLACE WHERE FANS CAN VOICE THEIR CONCERN OF CERTAIN THINGS.

MEMO, the term 'certain things' is very appropriate, almost frighteningly so.

If you go so far as to criticize Harmony Gold, you get threatened with banning. If you go so far as to say you like Macross, you get flamed, harrassed, and trolled as a hater. If you want to talk about toys other than what's sold on the .COM, you're immidiately reprimanded. While this last one is spelled out in the ToU, I still think it's a bit much.

The simple fact that the only time a repair or update is performed when there's a catastrophic problem, and shows that HG holds it's fanbase in a very low regard. KcKeever's continued statements about the site lacking updates because of the free memberships is also indicative of this. Other companies have free forum sites, and they continually keep these sites in good repair.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 9 months ago #4568

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

McKeever chimes in with "we don't make money on it, so it's not worth the trouble".

uh they have a DAMN store on the website *facepalm* how is that not making any money? And with the prices of that merchandise, I'm sure they have more than enough to afford "updating" *eyeroll*

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes. Reason: fixed ;x
14 years 9 months ago #4569

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

HappyPenguins wrote:

McKeever chimes in with "we don't make money on it, so it's not worth the trouble".

uh they have a DAMN store on the website *facepalm* how is that not making any money? And with the prices of that merchandise, I'm sure they have more than enough to afford "updating" *eyeroll*

Oh it's making money... but it's the ONLY part of the site that makes money. They don't want to update the Infopedia and message boards because those DON'T earn money.
14 years 8 months ago #4570

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Seto Kaiba wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

Oh it's making money... but it's the ONLY part of the site that makes money. They don't want to update the Infopedia and message boards because those DON'T earn money.

That's just damn lazy
even worse than me, and I'm normally the laziest SOB you'll ever meet ;x

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 8 months ago #4571

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

THERE ALWAYS LEGAL DESPUT BUT MOVIE WILL BE MADE. COULD ALSO GONE VEHICLE VOLTRON, TIGER VOLTRON. :P

REGARDLES OF HG SITE ON HOW IT WORKS OR DOESN'T, WONT STOP FANS FROM GOING TO IT. LIKE I SAID, ITS AN OFFICIAL SITE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #4572

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

REMEMBER, ITS A CORPERATE SITE AND ONE HAS TO ABIDE BY CORPRATE RULES.

WHY THE CREATION OF THIS SITE. MANNY OF US FROM THIS SITE STILL POST IN RT.COM AND WOULD LIEK A PLACE WITH ORDER. AND STRICTNESS AS WELL. ONE GOES IN THERE AND STARTS WAVES THEN EXPECT SOME EYEBALLING.

SINCE HG HOLD THE RIGHT TO MAKE THINGS OFFICIAL, WE HAVE BEEN THINKING OF MAKING A ROBO WIKI PIDIA HERE. ACCORDING TO SIGH, HE WAITING ON THE PROGRAMERS TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT WORKS WITH THIS PAGE AS IN ORDER TO NOT COUSE PROBLEMS. SOME OF THE FANS AS OF NOW BEEN COLLECTING INFO AND I HAVE BEEN SAVING IT.

WHAT WE NEED IS THE BASIC GUIDE LINES TO FOLLOW.

1.DA MODERATORS OF THE SITE. SOMOENE WHO COULD BE TRUSTED FOR APROVAL OF SUBMITED CONTENT.

2.START WITH "OFFICIAL" INFO FROM THE INFOPIDIA OF RT.COM AND EXPAND FROM THERE.

3.CANON AND SECONDARY CANON INCLUDING EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

JUST A FEW TO START.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #4573

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by sanman on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Not on topic

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by SIGHUP. Reason: Not on topic
14 years 8 months ago #4577

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by SIGHUP. Reason: Not on topic
14 years 8 months ago #4580

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

REGARDLES OF HG SITE ON HOW IT WORKS OR DOESN'T, WONT STOP FANS FROM GOING TO IT. LIKE I SAID, ITS AN OFFICIAL SITE.

Eh, you'd be surprised... even a dog'll stop loving its owner if it's abused enough. Harmony Gold needs to start treating the fans better. PARTICULARLY those fans who give back to the community. I'm sure you're familiar with how they're giving Seifrietti the run-around on his Robotech Anthology, and how they screwed over MedMapGuy and Jasonc.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

REMEMBER, ITS A CORPERATE SITE AND ONE HAS TO ABIDE BY CORPRATE RULES.

And there's part of the problem... Harmony Gold has a very corporate outlook on the fanbase. They think they've got a captive audience... and they have no idea how wrong they are. This idea of "we won't do anything unless there's money in it for us" is just going to hack the fans off... if they don't feel like there's anything happening, or that the franchise's owners don't give a damn about the franchise, they're gonna seek greener pastures like so very many already have.

That people like Captain JLS have said "to hell with this" and given up on Robotech should worry the hell out of Harmony Gold. Those are the MOST dedicated of fans, the ones who were doing fan projects before Robotech.com even existed, and the ones responsible for making it what it is. If they're bailing, that's NOT a good sign.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SINCE HG HOLD THE RIGHT TO MAKE THINGS OFFICIAL, WE HAVE BEEN THINKING OF MAKING A ROBO WIKI PIDIA HERE. ACCORDING TO SIGH, HE WAITING ON THE PROGRAMERS TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT WORKS WITH THIS PAGE AS IN ORDER TO NOT COUSE PROBLEMS. SOME OF THE FANS AS OF NOW BEEN COLLECTING INFO AND I HAVE BEEN SAVING IT.

What MedMapGuy and I were talking about was something a bit more permanent... rather than a Wiki section, a reference section editable only by a certain group who actually have access to all the source materials. Essentially a "new Infopedia".
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Seto-Kaiba.
14 years 8 months ago #4581

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

That people like Captain JLS have said "to hell with this" and given up on Robotech should worry the hell out of Harmony Gold.

It's very sad that Captain JLS has stopped working on his Roboblog, however he still keeps track of Robotech though, based on his facebook posts I see that he puts out from time to time. He hasnt' left the Robotech fandom entirely, I think the real reason was that he was spending too much time with robotech and not enough on his own creative works such as swonkeydog.

He's decided to make swonkeydog into something he can focus most of his attention on now. I don't blame him as I find working on your own creative works more rewarding.

But he still posts some Robotech updates on his facebook page.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 8 months ago #4743

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds