Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Well hello Seto,I know you probably despise me now because of my other thread I still agree with you and respect some of your points,For example:

"Eh, you'd be surprised... even a dog'll stop loving its owner if it's abused enough. Harmony Gold needs to start treating the fans better. PARTICULARLY those fans who give back to the community. I'm sure you're familiar with how they're giving Seifrietti the run-around on his Robotech Anthology, and how they screwed over MedMapGuy and Jasonc."

I agree because when I joined way back in 2006 I thot it would be a cool place to chill but what I noticed is that Harmony Gold should send Tommy,Steve and Kevin to work in the U.S. whitehouse because as much lies and false promises they keep making (LAM,shadow Rising,Series,products,) they would make better polititions!!! :)

And RT.com is not worth fixing because of all the lies HG delivers on Robotech and since Robotech is as active as migrating sponges I am safe to say that nothing is to be expected from HG until 2049
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 8 months ago #4746

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

I AGREE WITH MAV, I GET CAP JLS POSTS FROM FACEBOOK AS WELL. ROBOTECH IS NOT JUST IN A FORUM.. WHAT I BEEN TRYING TO SAY...

ITS ALL OVER.. FACEBOOK, YAHOO GROUPS, AND YES.. EVENTS. THERE STILL PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DONT EVEN BOTHER GOING INTO FORUMS. ME AND SIGH ARE WITNESS TO THAT AT EVERY CONS..
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #4781

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I AGREE WITH MAV, I GET CAP JLS POSTS FROM FACEBOOK AS WELL. ROBOTECH IS NOT JUST IN A FORUM.. WHAT I BEEN TRYING TO SAY...

Nobody suggested Captain JLS had just shut himself away from the world, but he's no longer an active voice in the fandom. He shut down his blog, which was a widely respected voice in the community. The last truly impartial voice the fandom had. Space Station Liberty is just a mouthpiece for Harmony Gold, and Doug Bendo's "Robotech Fan" is a bad joke.

I don't know if you bothered watching his last video blog, Mav, but Cap made it pretty clear there that he was just plain dissatisfied with the way things were being run, and the direction the franchise was taking.

Since Harmony Gold is adopting the attitude that they're only going to do something for the fans if they can make a buck on it, it falls to the fans to keep the franchise alive. The sudden upswing in activity here is not a coincidence, MEMO. Fans have noticed that Robotech.com is often the LAST place to have important news, and that the admins have succeeded in making the Terms of Use SO restrictive that nobody can really TALK anymore.
14 years 8 months ago #4787

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

I don't know if you bothered watching his last video blog, Mav, but Cap made it pretty clear there that he was just plain dissatisfied with the way things were being run, and the direction the franchise was taking

Actually I have, Twice! I agree with you Seto in part, but I think its more than just HG. He mentions throughout the podcast about focusing on his works and giving up the focus he had on robotech. I guess he's also coming out of the 'Peter Pan' syndrome.

I have to stand by my original accessment, he mentions some concerns he had Harmony Gold. But he also made comments regarding his need to focus on his own creative work with the swonkeydog comics. as well as helping his friends anime news blog.

He just doesnt' have time anymore for Robotech. He's settling down and focusing a bit more on his creative works. He's a smart guy, and he'll go far if he continues to focus on his own creative works.

Personally, I feel there are too many fans with 'Peter Pan' syndrome, not only in the robotech fandom but also in anime and sci-fi/fantasy fandom in general. These fans really need to see the bigger picture that you life doesnt' revolve around a particular fandom.

Honestly we are in need of some new creative works in sci-fi and anime. And the fans may be the ultimate source for this, lets encourage Capt JLS, who knows how far he'll go with his works. He may have a surprise for all of us :)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 8 months ago #4788

SETO

The last truly impartial voice the fandom had. Space Station Liberty is just a mouthpiece for Harmony Gold

I AGREE WITH SETO AS WELL.

BUT TO A POINT, THERE IS MORE THAN THE INTERNET TO REACH THE FANDOM. WHY MY DEVOTION TO THE FANDOM OUTSIDE OF THE NET IS IMPORTANT AS WELL. TALKING TO FANS, EXPOSING ROBOTECH IN A FANDOM WAY IS WHAT MAKES IT GROW.

YES, INTERNET CAN DO ITS PART BUT ITS ALSO UP TO THE FANDOM. YOU COULD SAY I AM ALSO GUILTY OF OF HYPING UP HG. BUT THAT IS VERY FEW IN OPINION TO WHAT MANNY OUT THERE THINK. LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE TO TALK TO TOMMY AND CARL AND ANYONE IN THE STAFF. I ALWAYS ASK HG FOR HELP AND SO FAR HAVE NEVER FAILED ESPECIALLY SITTING DOWN AT COMIC CON. ONE OF THE PLASES THAT BRINGS IN 130K OF PEOPLE TO THE CON. IT WAS HARD TO GET AWAY FROM THE BOOTH OR WORK ON MY OWN BECOUSE THERE WERE SO MANNY FANS THAT COME IN AND TALK AND TALK. AND I HEAR EVERY STORY AND EVEN CONCERN.

ALL KINDS.

SOME AGREE TO YOUR VOICE AS WELL SETO, BUT THEY DONT HATE HG OR MAKE FACE. ROBOTECH FANS ARE PATIENT FANS. TOMMY JUST STARTED PUSHING ROBOTECH IN 2002 OUT OF HG ROBOTECH EXISTANCE. 7 YEARS OF ITS EXISTANCE. AND ONLY AS A DIRECTOR AT FIRST BUT NOW WORKS ON MORE STUFF.

ONE IS ORGANIZING THE AND RETRIVING THE LICENSES THAT WERE OUT THERE AND WORKING ON ITS OWN IN HOUSE MOVIE, COMICS, CANON (THAT MANNY MIGHT HATE) AND RE ORGANIZING THE RE ISSUE OF ITS LICENSE.

MIGHT BE SLOW BUT HG AND ITS PAST HAD THE LICENSE AND LEGAL STUFF NOT IN CHECK.

TILL RECENT.

AND WITH THE LIVE ACTION ON THE WAY.. YOU BET SURE THAT THINGS WILL CHANGE FAST AROUND HERE AND AROUND ROBOTECH COMMUNITY.

HECK...I AM ALREADY GETTING READY TO RIDE THAT WAVE... AS MANNY FANS OUT THERE ALREADY ARE..

AND NOT JUST IN THE NET.

:P
14 years 8 months ago #4845

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Can't believe I didn't get a say in here. You monkeys have been keeping me busy.

Of course ROBOTECH.COM is worth saving. Without any brown-nosing that is how I got back into Robotech after X amount of years. One day I said to myself, I wonder what ever happened to that show. So I typed W W W . R O B O T E C H . C O M and there it was. Found out about Shadow Chronicles (for better or worse).

Then saw SC at a screening in La Jolla, met MEMO and Tommy Yune. The rest is history. Fact remains as mismanaged and outdated as it may be. Robotech.com is essential since it is the corporate "official" website. Until this one takes over anyways =P
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #4848

SIGHUP

Can't believe I didn't get a say in here. You monkeys have been keeping me busy.

HEHEHE

Robotech.com is essential since it is the corporate "official" website. Until this one takes over anyways =P

AY! NOW PINGUINS WILL BE REALLY HAPPY TO HAVE AN "OFFICIAL" B'ACH"
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 8 months ago #4849

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Roger on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Seto Kaiba wrote:

This latest bout of "technical difficulties" at Robotech.com got me thinking... is the site even worth fixing anymore?

When a rhetorical question is posed like this one, can anyone expect any sort of reasoned discussion that's going to result in the original poster doing anything but defend his negative opinion?

Verdict: TROLL.
14 years 8 months ago #5543

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Roger wrote:

When a rhetorical question is posed like this one, can anyone expect any sort of reasoned discussion that's going to result in the original poster doing anything but defend his negative opinion?

Verdict: TROLL.

Since it doesn't look like you bothered reading past the first line or two of the original post, let me fill you in on what you apparently didn't read...

This thread has two general purposes:
1.) To ascertain whether my assessment of the current state of Robotech.com is accurate and shared by the fanbase at large. (I was fully prepared to reevaluate my opinion if the majority clearly said I was just being cynical)

- AND -

2.) To decide, based on the findings from part 1, whether I and the other knowledgeable fans should continue to try to persuade Tommy Yune to allow us to update and expand upon the Robotech.com Infopedia, or whether we should do as MedMapGuy suggested and either turn our attention and our resources to beefing up this site's reference collection, or build our own.

Thus far, of the responses I've received to this topic on this and other sites, the overwhelming response has been that my assessment of Robotech.com is an accurate one, and that we're wasting our time trying to convince Tommy that the Infopedia needs work.

Based on those findings, we are now strongly considering building a dedicated Robotech reference website to cover not only the animated official continuity, but also the various unfinished sequels, comics, novels, and video games. If we do decide to follow through on the project, we'll probably get started in February, 2010.

Amusingly enough, unlike the Macross II project we're currently working on, our preliminary acquisitions process is over 99% complete before the project can even get started... we already have the entire original series, plus Shadow Chronicles, Sentinels, Untold Story, the Robotech 3000 trailer, all but two of the comics (currently only missing Robotech: Moredecai and Robotech Defenders), all of the McKinney novels, and all of the official artbooks, plus the original works the animated features were based on (Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeada, Megazone 23) and a sizable collection of official Japanese publications covering those.
14 years 8 months ago #5550

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

I agree that the site is "broken" in many way. Captain_JLS was mentioned earlier, ironically I am scheduled to do a phone interview with him tomorrow for information regarding the Robotech article I am doing for my blog

newtypesaegis.blogspot.com

I personally hope to fill the impartial voice he has vacated. I love Robotech but also have to step back as a fan sometimes and ask myself why some of the things that are being done or not being done are the way they are. Any of you who feel that you can add to the article please let me know.

One of the biggest gripes I have with the site itself beyond the infopedia is the site ITSELF. It is beyond dated and needs a fresh facelift with an aethetic more like the one shown her - rising.theshadowchronicles.com/
modernize it, make it appealing, add flash content. Robotech may be an older series but the fan base is rooted in the here and now and can only look to tomorrow.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 8 months ago #5629

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds