Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Redbeardrum wrote:

Ok, so I googled Harmony Gold and the top link was HarmonyGold.com(which isn't a very impressive site IMO) up at the top it says 'powered by Robotech.com' which is LOLworthy.
Honestly it looks like they don't have a lot going on, Heck their Entertainment Catalog(filled mostly with stuff that I have never heard of) page was last updated over 2 years ago. So I am wondering what is their meal ticket.

Many people have wondered this question. Obviously Robotech...which is a fairly large property in Latin/South America, it also airs in China I believe. Licensing fee's and what not. But HG is also an entertainment real estate company I believe and many of the titles that are old or "worthless" to people here stateside are also licensed and sold in Europe. Also Frank Agrama(Owner and founder) was also making money by reselling/middle manning properties to Italian media conglomerate. However that also resulted in his legal and financial troubles the status of which aren't fully known. It was stated some charges were dropped but not if all were.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 7 months ago #5903

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Redbeardrum on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

I am of the opinion that the RLAM is going to stink and possibly fail. Sure there is the potential for a large cash in but its like swinging for the fences you tend to strike out a lot. If the LAM is not great(read successful) then no one besides the existing fan base will care about Robotech. If it is a failure then there definitely will be no new fans.

I hope that they are doing something with TSC also instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.
14 years 7 months ago #5905

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

I maybe wrong but it I believe the common perception is that HG is depending on the LAM. They are bringing back all their licenses for merchandise for ,what many believe, so that they can sell them for mroe when the LAM comes out. HOWEVER, they are kinda of making themselves look like fools because toy, video game, merchandise companies etc etc etc...usually know about licenses and what not fairly good in advance. So they have time to do their research and by using the HG/RT site as an indicator they maybe turned off by the lack of a professional look, then again they may treat it as an indie title instead of a more respectable one akin to Transformers or Voltron. Either way HG needs to do something and soon. Lots of questions have been asked of them and no real answers have been given. Less is not always more Mr.McKeever.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 7 months ago #5906

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

well i have heard this in alot of threads and would support it myself but another avenue i've heard is the possibility that WB could take the franchise and run it themselves.

While not the best option and certianly no more then current fan pipedreams I do think that ANYONE other then HG could manage the franchise better. Not to slam them or anything but the state of stagnation is hard not to notice.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 7 months ago #5916

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

well i have heard this in alot of threads and would support it myself but another avenue i've heard is the possibility that WB could take the franchise and run it themselves.

While not the best option and certianly no more then current fan pipedreams I do think that ANYONE other then HG could manage the franchise better. Not to slam them or anything but the state of stagnation is hard not to notice.

That is a capital idea, WB can actually manage a franchise, hell look at Looney Tunes which still runs on a couple of cable networks. My fear is that even if the film is good it will come out on or after the tail end of this nostalgia craze an wii be seen as irrelevant. Or it may not come out at all WB might decide that making a movie for the couple dozen regulars on RT.com is not worth it.
14 years 7 months ago #5917

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

Redbeardrum wrote:

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

That is a capital idea, WB can actually manage a franchise, hell look at Looney Tunes which still runs on a couple of cable networks. My fear is that even if the film is good it will come out on or after the tail end of this nostalgia craze an wii be seen as irrelevant. Or it may not come out at all WB might decide that making a movie for the couple dozen regulars on RT.com is not worth it.

That's the thing though, they aren't just making the movie for robotech fans, they're trying to target the "general audience"

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 7 months ago #5919

That's the thing though, they aren't just making the movie for robotech fans, they're trying to target the "general audience"

I understand that, what I meant to say is without a certain number of 'fans' WB might decide that there is not enough interest to even cover the costs of a movie like this(and it will be expensive even if they cut corners). The 'general audience' is very important but I'm sure they want to be guaranteed to make X amount money off this venture and preexisting fan base factors into the equation.
14 years 7 months ago #5920

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech.com: Is it even worth fixing?

We'll just have to wait and see *shrug* I don't even know where they stand right now as far as production goes.

They're very lousy with the updates :|

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 7 months ago #5921

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds