Guess I will be using this site more....

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Guess I will be using this site more....

sorral wrote:

First of all...Happy New Year!!!!

Next, This is MY Thread to bitch and complain! Put your baggage in your own thread..hahaha :P

I got banned from RT.com for reasons I understand now, but they let the other party back on? That I do not understand.

I have recently watched all of the original series, and have found it quite dull. I am now wondering why I was so into it? The only thing I can think of is the Mecha. The story was not that good, the characters were half ass-ed portrayed at best, Minmei is the most annoying person(real or fictional) I have ever seen, and TSC has changed the ending of the original story!

I have begun to rent the original Macross on DVD (English dub) and have so far found it to be quite superior in character development.

I do visit RT.com once in a while just to see if HG has gotten any more done (putting the series on YouTube and Hulu was a good start) and to check out any new fan pics (some damn good artists). I wish I could log in to give some high ratings to some of those pics.

I have also stopped playing the VOXP game. I was the only American who played. They made me a "trainer" for any new English speaking players, but have not seen that in a year. I guess my loss of interest with the show has translated into loss of interest in the game.

Could it be that I live in a rural area of the North West? I do not know. Maybe hunting and fishing and shooting pistol competitions has taken my beloved Robotech' place.

:unsure: :huh:

I'm not a fan of dubs. Only subs. Get the AnimEigo set. Its the original Macross and it has English subtitles. That's the first thing that I purchased. I too grew up with Robotech in Spanish though. I like it not because its an EPIC grandous story, but because of the nostalgic factor.

I do prefer Macross, but Robotech is fine. I also remember that VOPx game, never got a hang of it so gave up. Robotech is like anything. After all its just a cartoon. Its okay that its not what you're thinking of 24/7 (ahem MEMO!).

Its an interest and pastime the way I see it. It comes and goes.

"Lucy in the sky with diamonds."
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 months ago #8701

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Guess I will be using this site more....

OK. LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS LETTING OUT THEIR FEELINGS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...

ME, TRANSFORMERS AND BUCK ROGERS.

IT WAS THE GREATEST THING. REMEMBER BACK WHEN I WAS IN GRADE SCHOOL AND RUNNING HOME TO CATCH BUCK ROGERS AND TRANSFORMERS. THOSE WERE AWESOME SHOWS TO ME. TRANSFORMERS HAD THIS GREAT STORY AND THE TOYS! WOW THEM TOYS. BUT I COULD ONLY AFFORD A FEW. BUCK ROGERS WAS ANOTHER STORY I LIKED VERY MUCH.

REMEMBER WHEN TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE CAME OUT IN THEATERS? WHEN THEY KILLED PRIME? SO SAD... SO VERY SAD.

NOW WITH THE GEN1 TRANSFORMERS SERIES AND BUCK ROGERS DVD COLLECTION I SAW THAT THE STORY'S WERE LAME. AND NO WONDER I DID NOT FOLLOW THE SERIES THERE RIGHT AFTER. STILL WAITING ON A BUCK ROGERS MOVIE BUT HOPE THEY CHANGE EVERYTHING AROUND.

THE TLAM DID GOOD FOR THE CARTOON SERIES. GOT ME BACK TO LIKING TRANSFORMERS. EVEN THOUGH IT HAD CHEESE TRANSFORMATION OR LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE CARTOON.

AND FORGET THE TRANSFORMERS BOARDS. YOU CAN ONLY TAKE YOUR ARGUMENTS SO FAR. GOT BANNED THERE. BUT OH WELL. IT LET ME HAVE MORE FUN WITH ROBOTECH.

B)

AND STILL WAITING ON A BUCK ROGERS MOVIE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #8703

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Guess I will be using this site more....

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WHERE WERE YOU DURING THOSE TIMES? AND YOU POST MORE AFTERWARD. THE FANDOM HAS ITS COMING AND GOINGS. THAT'S A FACT. IN LAST FEW DAYS I SEEN MORE ACTIVITY ACROSS THE BOARDS THAN IN CERTAIN CENTRALIZED AREAS.

I would sit back and watch the bloodshed. (Although there was a few weeks/months during the summer that I was missing) I did respond to Doug a few times. People like that can't be reasoned with. Unfortunately Seto Kaiba got sucked into it. I liked Seto Kaiba, although he's very textbook. I'm sure that makes no sense to anyone else but me. =P
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #8863

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds