Robotech New Generation Armor, Weapons and Mecha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Yes, please send me the Pepakura files if you still have them, insomiac009. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
13 years 5 months ago #13900

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Lobizon wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I AM GOING TO HAVE THE ALL BLACK AS WAS SEEN IN SHADOW CHRONICLES.

So, yours CVR-3 gonna be dark blue and grey like Vince Grant wore in RTTSC?.

VINCE (DARK, BLUE), LUNKS(GREENISH BLUE) AND THE SHADOW AS WELL (BLACK).

WILL SEE WHAT COMES FIRST. I REALLY DIGGING THE BLACK ONE. THAN VINCE RIGHT NOW.

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 5 months ago #13901

Replied by Darrtallion on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Well I think if we have you guys print up the suits yourselves you will find its way over priced that way. It will probably cost between 2k to 5k USD to print the suit up. Its just that much plastic and such.

We are hoping to make molds and build it for a lot lot less. and try to keep it well below the outrageous cost range so everyone has a chance of getting a suit.
13 years 5 months ago #13902

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Pastic Molding is just one way to build. I was thinking styrene covered foam with one heck of a paint job myself. The Photo of Joe Bergman I saw before on this blog is prove of this. He built with a cardboard frame and posterboard skin. His work was AMAZING and he was a high schooler in the 80's when he made his. A 2-5K build budget would depend on materials used.
13 years 5 months ago #13903

Well I am hoping that with the way I am doing it that the cost will be between 40 to 70 dollars and would be very much like the Storm Trooper type of armor. But I can't make a final claim to the price yet until we have the master molds and every cost worked out.
13 years 5 months ago #13904

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

I can understand wanting to keep the armor light and compact but it currently seems to resemble female cvr more than male.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 5 months ago #13905

the female armor is quite a bit different. But it is 100% scaled off of the new CVR armor on the toys.
13 years 5 months ago #13906

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

I totally understand the doing whatever you want, and using whatever body suit/under clothing you wish. I wasn't suggesting you have to do it a specific color. However, if I saw someone in a black armor, and with red under suit, and someone in the green armor with the red under suit, and both were saying they were Scott Bernard, I'd be more interested in the original colors. While the Vince Grant Colors are pretty cool and different, it doesn't have that cool factor for me that the originals do. If I get one, It's either gonna be the green, or the Lancer blue. Maybe I can convince my wife to get Rook's candy apple red.

Also thought I'd add this: www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid100051...eve-Mock/1000512-600

It's an example of the product Under Armor has. And, they have it all in different colors. There's different versions, some thinner, some thicker, some w/ shorter necks, but overall, they have many that have a hi-tech looking sheen to them, and they stretch without inhibiting your movement. I own several of these already, and if I were to get the CVR-3, I'd be able to do the green, and match up to Rand, Scott, Wolf, even Lunk (although, I'm not that size). Just thought I'd throw that out there for those wondering what the hell I was referring to earlier. As for Scott's MB shirt, I have a friend who's a movie costume designer, and he owes me a favor, so maybe I'll have him make Scott's outter shirt, then wear the red UA shirt under. Perfect. Oh, and if anyone is interested in the Mars Base replica shirts, let me know or send me a message. I'll look into it.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Towgrin.
13 years 5 months ago #13907

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Towgrin wrote:

I totally understand the doing whatever you want, and using whatever body suit/under clothing you wish. I wasn't suggesting you have to do it a specific color. However, if I saw someone in a black armor, and with red under suit, and someone in the green armor with the red under suit, and both were saying they were Scott Bernard, I'd be more interested in the original colors. While the Vince Grant Colors are pretty cool and different, it doesn't have that cool factor for me that the originals do. If I get one, It's either gonna be the green, or the Lancer blue. Maybe I can convince my wife to get Rook's candy apple red.

Also thought I'd add this: www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid100051...eve-Mock/1000512-600

I AM DOING MINE AS CLOSE AS TO THE SHOW AS POSSIBLE. AND GREAT LINK THERE TOWGRIN. GOOD TO HAVE MULTIPLE COLORS. THERE GOING TO BE FANS OUT THERE THAT WILL TRY DIFFERENT THINGS ON THEIR OWN ON HOW THEY WANT THEIR ARMOR TO LOOK. HECK, IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING WITH LOT OF STAR WARS CHARACTERS INCLUDING FETT.

IT'S NOT MUCH FUN I GUESS TO HAVE ONE VERSION IN THE 20'S WHEN OTHERS WILL BRAKE FROM THE USUAL JUST TO BE DIFFERENT. WHY IT IS SIMPLER TO GET THE FAN A PLAIN COLOR ARMOUR AND LET THEM WORK THE PAINT.

ALL IN ALL GREAT COMMENTS THAT HELP OUT WITH WHAT WE TRYING TO GIVE THE FANS.

I THINK WE WILL HAVE PICTURES WHEN THE SUIT IS DONE TO GIVE A GENERAL IDEA HOW IT WILL FIT SOMEONE. THEN WE WILL SHOW VIDEO WHEN WE BUILD IT AND HAVE SOMEONE TO MODEL A MALE AND FEMALE VERSION BEFORE FULL PRODUCTION. THIS WAY WE CAN GET INPUT FROM YOU GUYS... THE FANS TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS WANT.

THEN WORK TH EDETAILS FROM THERE.

AND THERE STILL THE WEAPONS... IDEAS?

It's an example of the product Under Armor has. And, they have it all in different colors. There's different versions, some thinner, some thicker, some w/ shorter necks, but overall, they have many that have a hi-tech looking sheen to them, and they stretch without inhibiting your movement. I own several of these already, and if I were to get the CVR-3, I'd be able to do the green, and match up to Rand, Scott, Wolf, even Lunk (although, I'm not that size). Just thought I'd throw that out there for those wondering what the hell I was referring to earlier. As for Scott's MB shirt, I have a friend who's a movie costume designer, and he owes me a favor, so maybe I'll have him make Scott's outter shirt, then wear the red UA shirt under. Perfect. Oh, and if anyone is interested in the Mars Base replica shirts, let me know or send me a message. I'll look into it.

YEAH, I GET WHAT YOU SAYING. GLAD TO HEAR YOU ALREADY PLANNING AHEAD WITH WHAT YO WANT TO ADD. IN THE END, IT WILL BE UP TO THE FAN ON HOW GREAT HE WILL MAKE IT LOOK. AND SURE SOUNDS NICE TO SEE BOTH YOU AND YOUR WIFE COSPLAY TOGETHER.

IF ALL THIS GOES WELL WE WILL LOOK INTO THE MASTERS. SAGA AFTERWARD.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 5 months ago #13908

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

No, we don't cosplay ever, but with something like this, I wouldn't mind gathering with Robotech and Mospeada fans and being a group. Kinda like the 501st has there various outposts and such. I don't like tooting my horn at all, but I'm damn good at painting, and weathering, so getting one of these would be a fun project to paint. I have a friend who's a professional paint mixer as well, so with his mixed paints, and my touch on it, I should be able to get it to look like I've ran through forest, snow, and desert fighting the Invid.

As for weapons, well, most of the weapons were Ride armor specific, like the beam gun, the blades, and the Rocket launcher. If weapons aren't made, I'll probably use a medium thick styrene and make a H-90 that is able to attach to the rifle stock. Making that piece and how it'd interlock is pretty easy when you have enough tools to build a house, and enough finishing tools to make it look professionally done.

If the guys making this are gonna make the weapons, depending on price of those, I'd skip me making the accessories myself. Just depends on final product, but using CAD and all seems like these guys know what they're doing and where they wanna go with it. Perhaps Scott's large rifle would be a good addition, as well as the Rocket launcher, heck, even the Sue Graham film camera would be an awesome addition. I'd probably fix those up and even make a "Mars Base" briefcase or box to carry and put that stuff in. You want ideas? There's a few right there.
13 years 5 months ago #13909

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds