Robotech New Generation Armor, Weapons and Mecha

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

MIlkManX wrote:

Nice! Some really good painting could make those look really spiffy!

HAHAHA, THANKS. MORE PICTURES IN OUR FB PAGE WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ROBOTECHX

THOSE ARE JUST TEMPLATES OF WHAT WE WILL BE VACUUM FORMING AS WELL AS DOING ACTUAL MOLD CASTING FOR THE HARDCORE COLLECTOR.
THE ONE PAINTED GIVES US AN ACTUAL SIZE AND LOOK AT WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO. THIS IS A COLLABORATED EFFORT BY FANS. AS WELL AS MANY WHO POSTED HERE WITH THEIR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. ALSO REFERENCES IMAGES.

LITTLE BY LITTLE WE WILL GET THERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 4 months ago #19811

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

It may have been asked already but as I'm pinched for time and can't go through 8 pages of posts LOL, what material are you thinking of doing the armor in? Foam, or perhaps Composites? I'm thinking of doing costumes myself and I may go composites personally as I've got experience with it lol. I'll be watching your progress for ideas :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
11 years 4 months ago #19822

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Are you guys gonna sell those Galliant H-90 replicas?

I would buy one of those.
11 years 4 months ago #19823

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

MIlkManX wrote:

Are you guys gonna sell those Galliant H-90 replicas?

I would buy one of those.

YES.

TO EARLY FOR DETAILS NOW BUT WE WILL HAVE THE LIGHT WEAR (VACUUM FORMING) FOR CONVENTIONS AND SUCH.
11 years 4 months ago #19834

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Darrtallion on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

I wanted to give some insight of what is going on with the creative process. We are currently going over designs and functionality. Basically we have figured out a way to have the armor one size fits all aspect along with the ability to also have future add ons placed onto the armor. That means you will be able to mount the Cycle to the armor as well.

Materials are going to mainly be an ABS composite. The way we have the armor in the design aspect will allow you to connect the Cyclone to the armor as well. To the point were the armor will support the weight of the additional pieces, We also want to make a few Fiberglass renditions for those who want more durability then just standard ABS composites. This will also include a helmet that we hope to make to DOT standards. But that process is being researched more due to the cost and safety requirements needed to be met.

But we found that with a 1 size fits all policy that the armor will not be put on like in the show. Which would have been nice. But when dealing with the materials and Cost issues we figured that going with a Cheaper version of putting on the armor would be the better compromise. This does not mean that the look will be different. We have taken a lot of pains taking efforts to keep the amor to 100% of the look as we can while someone is wearing it.

The Armor will also be form fitting and slicker. This means its not going to be a bulky suit that we have gotten accustomed to seeing in the convention circuit. In fact we are hoping that it will fit much like the Storm Trooper armor. Snug and close to the body with lots of mobility. This will also make it easier to transverse the convention will wearing the armor. But The great thing is that we will not have it size restricted like the Trooper armor from Star Wars. With the one size fits all design we have figured out all the common points on the human body and made adjustment points for the areas that change.

As for the ability to put on the armor and such. We are currently making the prototype for this that we can use for a mass production mold. Afterwards we have been talking about making youtube instruction videos to help people customize and fit their armor properly to their body type. This will help people understand how to fit the armor they want to wear. Tips on wear to get additional materials such as padding and other items and how to make them work for your body type as well.

Additional items are being discussed for the armor as well. Such as a carrying case for the armor with custom shaped levels to help you store carry and keep your armor safe.

Besides a case we are talking about other add on items. We are looking into how to make the gallant not only easy to carry and functional correct but we are also talking about how to make them function as Laser pointers, water guns, and air-soft compatible.

We will also try to create a section for people to show customization and tips for how they made their customization or painting techniques.

I know it seems like we are taking forever in completing this project. But we want to make the armor correct and functional and something that people will want to take to convention and wear with not concerns. Also as fans can we really be satisfied in making a poor quality item? I know my answer is no. I like to make sure its the best item we can make. So please be patient and stick around for more updates. With the final stages of preparation in progress we are hoping that things will start to move swiftly.
11 years 4 months ago #19841

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

THANKS DARTALLION.
PASSING THIS MESSAGE ON.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 4 months ago #19842

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Neat. I look forward to seeing more.
11 years 4 months ago #19843

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Raffmilian on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

I Need Mani the Mannequin hehehe
11 years 4 months ago #19844

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SMALL UPDATE
AS OF NOW WE BUILDING A CNC MILL TO GET SOME GOOD MOLDS FOR CUTTING WOOD. WE WILL START WITH THE NEW GENERATION ARMOR. MEANWHILE I AM TRYING TO GET SOME 3D DONE ON SOME HELMETS OF SCOTT'S AND ROOKS AND A ZENTRADI HELMET TO SHOW AT CONS.

NOW, THESE WILL BE PROTOTYPES TO SHOW AT CONS AND HOPE TO HAVE THEM READY BY COMIC CON. SO FIGURING I WANT TO HAVE MORE TO SHOW FROM NEW GENERATION, I ASK YOU GUYS, HOW MANY VARIANTS ARE THERE? AND COLORS?

IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE LET ME KNOW. MAYBE I WILL DO THOSE AS WELL.

THANKS.
11 years 2 months ago #20098

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Well Lancers CVR3 helmet is slightly different than the one that Scott and Rand have. So that is another variant. ;)
11 years 2 months ago #20100

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds