Robotech New Generation Armor, Weapons and Mecha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by insomniac009 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Wow, I hope these suits get made. It would definitely be an upgrade from the foam rubber suit I made my son and probably a lot less insulated. 8>)

Someone was looking for a link to the pepakura files for the Cyclone in armor mode so here it is-

www.imprime-recorta-pega.com/descargas/d...tion=file&file_id=52

Here's a link to Chris Lee's cyclone armor costume website in case anybody wants to see what would be needed to make the cyclone part of the costume-

chrislee.me/costuming/anime/cyclone/

I would say the boots are the toughest part of the costume by far. Those platform boots would have been alot easier to make if I had some real tools.
13 years 4 months ago #13910

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Thanks Insomiac, your template really helps me out. Do you have the pdo files for this template as well? The link you posted shows a printable template for the fully transformed VR-052 Cyclone mecha.
Before that, what you posted on photobucket seemed to be a printable template for a Galant H-90 Multi-Weapon System and CVR-3 Body Armor without the mecha attached. Do you have links to pdo files for these as well? I have been playing with 3D and pepakura programs lately to get my head around this thing. I still suck at it, but I'm getting there. Between the pile of Palladium books I owned and all the Halo, Iron Man, Stormtrooper builders I know, this papercrafting stuff should be a BIG help.
13 years 4 months ago #13911

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

cpoole0675 wrote:

Galant H-90 Multi-Weapon System

Someone in MWF did a 1/1 Mars Gallant H-90 version

www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33199
13 years 4 months ago #13912

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Towgrin wrote:

No, we don't cosplay ever, but with something like this, I wouldn't mind gathering with Robotech and Mospeada fans and being a group. Kinda like the 501st has there various outposts and such.

ACTUALLY I AM A FORMER MEMBER OF BOTH THE 501ST AND REBEL ALLIANCE FROM BACK IN THE DAY. USED TO DRESS UP AS STORMTROOPER, VADER, AND EVEN FETT. AND REBEL ALLIANCE PILOT.

FAST FORWARD TO 2000 AND ON AND WHY THE ROBOTECHX AND NOW TO OUR OWN ARMOUR. I HAVE SEEN MANY GREAT COSTUMES BUT NOW TO KICK IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. I STILL HAVE GOOD FRIENDS FROM THE PAST WHO IS HELPING OUT AND WE MEET AT COMIC CON. ALSO, THE STAR WARS FANS BEEN COSTUMING AND WALKING THE CONS FOR A LONG TIME AND I MYSELF CAN SAY, YOU NEED PLENTY OF COMFORT. SO WHY WE GOING THE ROUTE WE GOING.

LIGHTER, STRONGER AND FOR FANS TO ENJOY.

NOW SHOES... YOU GUYS HAVE TO MAKE SURE WHAT YOU WANT. WALKING THE CONS IS LIKE TRYING A NEW PAIR OF SHOES. BY END OF THE DAY YOU COULD HURT YOUR BACK OR FEET IF YOU DONT PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF WITH THE SHOES. REMEMBER, WITH ALL THE ARMOUR YOU PUTTING ON A LOT OF WEIGHT. BUT HOPE WE CAN WORK THINGS OUT HERE.

I don't like tooting my horn at all, but I'm damn good at painting, and weathering, so getting one of these would be a fun project to paint. I have a friend who's a professional paint mixer as well, so with his mixed paints, and my touch on it, I should be able to get it to look like I've ran through forest, snow, and desert fighting the Invid.

THAT WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE. HOW FANS TAKE THE COSTUME UP A NOTCH AND DO THEIR OWN BATTLE DAMAGE OR JUST CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE ANIMATION. I SEEN HOW FETT'S COSTUME STARTS OF NICE BUT THE TRICK IS TO MAKE IT ALL DAMAGED AND GET THE COLORS RIGHT.

HOPE WE CAN SHARE SOME OF YOUR EXPERTISE IN THIS HERE FOR OTHER FANS.

As for weapons, well, most of the weapons were Ride armor specific, like the beam gun, the blades, and the Rocket launcher. If weapons aren't made, I'll probably use a medium thick styrene and make a H-90 that is able to attach to the rifle stock. Making that piece and how it'd interlock is pretty easy when you have enough tools to build a house, and enough finishing tools to make it look professionally done.

WE LOOKING AT ALL THE OPTIONS. DON'T WANT TO GET YOUR HANDS TIRED ALL DAY FROM CARING A WEAPON. AFTER A WHILE THEY GET HEAVY. CHECK THIS GUY OUT TALKING ABOUT WHY HE NEEDS LIGHTER STUFF...

If the guys making this are gonna make the weapons, depending on price of those, I'd skip me making the accessories myself. Just depends on final product, but using CAD and all seems like these guys know what they're doing and where they wanna go with it. Perhaps Scott's large rifle would be a good addition, as well as the Rocket launcher, heck, even the Sue Graham film camera would be an awesome addition. I'd probably fix those up and even make a "Mars Base" briefcase or box to carry and put that stuff in. You want ideas? There's a few right there.

GOOD TIPS.

WE LOOKING AS MUCH AS WE CAN TO RE PRODUCE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #13913

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

insomniac009 wrote:

Wow, I hope these suits get made. It would definitely be an upgrade from the foam rubber suit I made my son and probably a lot less insulated. 8>)

I would say the boots are the toughest part of the costume by far. Those platform boots would have been alot easier to make if I had some real tools.

WE WORKING ON THAT AS WELL. BUT IN MY OPINION, I THINK BUILDING SOMETHING SIMPLE AROUND A REGULAR SHOE OR BOOT WOULD BE BETTER SINCE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF WALKING AND STANDING.

COMFORT MAN.. THATS THE KEY.

I THINK PEOPLE WILL FIGURE THIS OUT. WE LOOKING INTO BUILDING A SHOE BUT I AM REQUESTING FROM DARTILLION FOR ME TO MAKE A COVER FOR A COMBAT BOOT. BEING EX MILITARY AND USING A FIELD BOOT I CAN WALK IN THOSE FOR DAYS AND NOT GET TIRED. HECK, I AM MORE CONFORMABLE IN THEM. BUT WALKING IN A FULL SHOES GOTTA HURT AT THE END OF DAY.

NOW WHAT DARTILLION IS LOOKING AT NOW IS A SHOE THAT YOU CAN PUT YOUR FOOT IN WITH A SHOE. BUT IT I THINK IT WILL FEEL LIKE THOSE HOLLAND WOODEN SHOES

A SHOE THAT DOES NOT BEND WILL HURT YOU AT THE END OF THE DAY. EVEN IF YOU CAN SLIP YOUR REGULAR SHOE INSIDE.

THOUGHTS ON THIS FOR THE GUYS THAT WALK THE CONS ALL DAY?
13 years 4 months ago #13914

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re:ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Boots that are easy on the feet are a MUST. The Palladium books illustrations don't show ANY sign of comfort in boots they depict. It may be easier (and nicer to one's feet) refering screen shots from 3GRT and RTSC. The boots they drawing into the cartoon look smaller, more wearable. It may make them simpler to cast/mold.
13 years 4 months ago #13930

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Any updates on progress anyone? I, myself, managed to hooked with CG design artist Joseph Yeo and convinced him to produce some pepakura files based on his work (F*$K YEAH!). If you've seen his MOSPEADA CG animation shorts on You Tube, then you know why I'm so excited!
13 years 3 months ago #14287

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

cpoole0675 wrote:

If you've seen his MOSPEADA CG animation shorts on You Tube, then you know why I'm so excited!

Yeah, right here, on the front page. ;)

www.robotechx.com/featured-fandom-go/276-mospeada-upgrade.html
13 years 3 months ago #14292

Replied by cpoole0675 on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

Yes, Lobizon! That's the one and I'm as giddy as a school girl over it! Joseph's work blows my mind. I may still need to find a less custom helmet design than the one he created, but for now, I'm about a week away from diving into full blown armor construction. I'll post pics soon.
13 years 3 months ago #14298

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH CVR-3 M/F

cpoole0675 wrote:

Any updates on progress anyone? I, myself, managed to hooked with CG design artist Joseph Yeo and convinced him to produce some pepakura files based on his work (F*$K YEAH!). If you've seen his MOSPEADA CG animation shorts on You Tube, then you know why I'm so excited!

STILL WORKING ON THE DESIGN.

GREAT THAT THERE WILL BE A PEPAKURA MADE. I SEEN SOME OF THOSE HALO OUTFITS AND SOME COME OUT LOOKING GREAT.
13 years 3 months ago #14312

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds