Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

gundam_gp02 wrote:

[post deleted]

This is definitely my argument when considering the live action film. You need to have a story before you can focus on anything else. The story is what needs to sell the movie, not the actors or the others involved. I'm sure a lot have mixed feelings about the situation as I do, because we want it to be good right? WB has made some gems in the past, and also made some not so great flicks as well. I know I still don't like the idea of a live action adaption because I fear it will just turn into another Bayformers franchise, however there's always a chance that it could be good as well. You just never know with these things.

I honestly wish they would keep us up more up to date with the progress of this film. All these little bits and pieces of information just aren't cutting it, and it's causing me to lose more interest each time.

I'll admit, like many I was really excited when I first heard the announcement, because ever since I discovered RT I'd wanted to see a movie adaption because I know it could be awesome if done right. keyword "if"

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 2 days ago by Lobizon.
14 years 4 days ago #11964

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

Being approached to direct is miles away from being "signed" to direct.

It's a studio testing the waters of interest, nothing more exciting than that...

Mr.White is already committed to his current project "Faces in the Crowd" and his next project "Infinity".

So there is nothing to see here folks....move along... ;)
13 years 11 months ago #12433

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

zinjo wrote:

Being approached to direct is miles away from being "signed" to direct.

It's a studio testing the waters of interest, nothing more exciting than that...

Mr.White is already committed to his current project "Faces in the Crowd" and his next project "Infinity".

So there is nothing to see here folks....move along... ;)

THANKS FOR THE NEWS. WAS HOPING TO HEAR ABOUT OTHER PROSPECTS THAT WB IS APROACHING. AND THE WAIT IS NO PROBLEM. EVENTUALLY IT WILL GET HERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 11 months ago #12446

Replied by integrase on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

Hadn't heard about Sylvain's other projects, thanks Zinjo.

Curious if any predictions for announcements for RLAM at Mechacon or Comic-con?
13 years 11 months ago #12452

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

integrase wrote:

Hadn't heard about Sylvain's other projects, thanks Zinjo.

Curious if any predictions for announcements for RLAM at Mechacon or Comic-con?

IF IT INVOLVES HG, DON'T THINK SO. THEY TIGHT ON THE ON
GOINGS OF WB.

THAT SYLVAIN WAS PICKED IS COOL. I MYSELF WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE SEEN OTHER PROSPECTS ANNOUNCED. WOUNDER IF SYLVAIN WAS THE ONE HIMSELF LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG TO CAUSE A BUZZ. WHICH IT WORKED. AND AT THE SAME TIME WE GOT INFO ON WHERE WB IS AND WHERE THE SCRIPT WILL TAKE PLACE. NOT MUCH BUT TWO GREAT CLUES ANYWAYS.

COMIC CON WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN WB BUT NOT SURE ANYONE WILL TALK. UNLESS OTHER WOULD BE DIRECTORS WOULD PULL A STUNT LIKE SYLVAIN AND ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES.
13 years 11 months ago #12459

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

If WB is indeed stuck on Sylvain, expect the RLAM to come out in 2013 at the EARLIEST!

However, it may well be a publicity stunt by Sylvain, hoping to get RT fans out to his movies as a show of "support". Hollywood is a strange animal, so anything is possible!
13 years 11 months ago #12463

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Sylvain white was approached to direct robotech

zinjo wrote:

If WB is indeed stuck on Sylvain, expect the RLAM to come out in 2013 at the EARLIEST!

However, it may well be a publicity stunt by Sylvain, hoping to get RT fans out to his movies as a show of "support". Hollywood is a strange animal, so anything is possible!

I wouldn't doubt it

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #12475

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

zinjo wrote:

YOU KNOW, SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED LIKE THIS WITH SUPERMAN WHEN THEY WERE DECIDING ON DIRECTORS AND ACTORS. SO MANY NAMES AND ACTORS WERE COMING OUT JUST TO SEE THE FANS INPUT. MANY OF THEM WERE HORRIFIC. AND ALL JUST TO CAUSE A BUZZ. BIGGEST ONE WAS NICHOLAS CAGE.

I REMEMBER SOMEONE DID A PHOTOSHOP OF HIM IN A SUPERMAN SUIT AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". LAST I HEARD OF THAT.
13 years 11 months ago #12476

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds