Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

They haven't spent very much on production

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 9 months ago #16870

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

ps99041 wrote:

The fact that you guys have to search for random, dated, obscure, and outright false facts to justify that the LAM is alive and well just gives biollante's statement more credibility that it's been shelved.

I GUESS THAT A ROBOTECH DEAL WAS NEVER MADE THEN.....

YUP.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 9 months ago #16871

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

The fact that you guys have to search for random, dated, obscure, and outright false facts to justify that the LAM is alive and well just gives biollante's statement more credibility that it's been shelved.

YUP.

As usual you make a comment which has no basis. Never said a deal wasn't made. Just supporting biollante's comment about the project being shelved as the "deal" that was made doesn't guarantee that there will be a LAM since we're talking about Hollywood. Being shelved also doesn't mean that the LAM is gone for good.

YUP.
12 years 9 months ago #16876

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

ps99041 wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

YUP.

As usual you make a comment which has no basis. Never said a deal wasn't made. Just supporting biollante's comment about the project being shelved as the "deal" that was made doesn't guarantee that there will be a LAM since we're talking about Hollywood. Being shelved also doesn't mean that the LAM is gone for good.

YUP.

Exactly, being shelved doesn't necessarily mean for good, it just means put away for now. But even so, it could sit for years until someone decides to make it.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 9 months ago #16878

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

ps99041 wrote;

Kind of a moot point about merchandise production as they can't even get to that stage if they don't have a greenlit production.

Cleverly, you're conveniently ignoring the fact that Warner Brothers signed a merchandising agreement less than two years ago.

www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=393

You actually think Warner Brothers would've signed a merchandising agreement without having financiers in place to help fund the production of the film???

And secondly, Warner Brothers wouldnt' sign the contract unless there was indeed interest from third party manufacturers for merchandising support for the film.

No, we post links proving such FACTS!
All I see here is contempt, where ones word is taken as fact without any circumstantial evidence proving it as such, in fact it only proves the opposite since you can't backup such claims without any LINKS to confirm your statements.

It only points out to the fallacy of claiming such statements as fact, and reinforces that the opposite is closer to the truth of things... ;)

Atleast we claim speculation when it's deemed as such.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 9 months ago #16880

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

Fact is there was nothing in your link about any kind of merchandising. Fact is you make up claims with no basis all the time, one only has to point out your infamous claim that Transformers 2 was rushed out for fear of a RLAM. Boy, facts sure do bite you in the butt a lot, don't they? :P
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by mecha2241.
12 years 9 months ago #16881

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

mecha2241 wrote;

Fact is there was nothing in your link about any kind of merchandising.

Sorry wrong convention, posted wrong link look here;

www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=398

as quoted from the link;

• WB and Harmony Gold have also entered into a merchandising agreement for Robotech.

More recent than I thought. ;)
Oh, and it's true!

mecha2241 wrote;

Fact is you make up claims with no basis all the time, one only has to point out your infamous claim that Transformers 2 was rushed out for fear of a RLAM.

After watching TF2, it sure indeed looked RUSHED! ;)

Do your homework mecha2241, obviously I have. B)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 9 months ago #16883

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

MaverickLSC wrote:

mecha2241 wrote;

Fact is you make up claims with no basis all the time, one only has to point out your infamous claim that Transformers 2 was rushed out for fear of a RLAM.

After watching TF2, it sure indeed looked RUSHED! ;)

Do your homework mecha2241, obviously I have. B)

Mav...

Can you back it up with a link? Or are we supposed to take your word "as fact without any circumstantial evidence proving it as such"? ;)
12 years 9 months ago #16885

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

• WB and Harmony Gold have also entered into a merchandising agreement for Robotech.

Those Robo-Tech pencil toppers will look good next to the Looney Toon toppers. :P

On a serious note... IINM there hasn't actually been any credible news concerning the RTLAM that has occurred since 2009, except for HG's reference to it being in development as part of the Daily Variety tribute to Carl last year.

Concerning the earlier post on merchandising. It would be ridiculous for WB to acquire the movie rights without also acquiring the merchandising rights, more than likely they acquired them together. The fact they have both doesn't give any indication as to where WBs is at with regards to either one, it seems like a logical fallacy.
Further, just because HG disclosed that WBs had acquired a Robo-Tech merchandising agreement doesn't give any indication as to when the agreement was actually made or what it actually covers, without those details any conclusion is pretty much speculation.
Oh wait, I forgot its apparently okay to post almost anything pro-franchise as long as it ends with a " ;) " or "it's only speculation."
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 9 months ago #16886

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

Mav, I'm still waiting for the "proof" you promised us that Earth Defense Force is really the Robotech LAM. So before you start crying that people are calling you out, prove that one first by doing YOUR homework. I think mecha2241, gubaba, and rtsurfer have already said all that needs to be said so try and prove us wrong again if you think you can.
12 years 9 months ago #16890

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds