Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

I would love to see a Robotech LAM, however its becoming pretty obvious that the project is stuck in development hell. Unless some producer or director with a lot of clout ( like Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, J.J. Abrahams, etc,) gets involved, the long awaited LAM is probably never going to get made. :(
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Sinn.
7 years 5 months ago #23963

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

Sinn wrote: I would love to see a Robotech LAM, however its becoming pretty obvious that the project is stuck in development hell. Unless some producer or director with a lot of clout ( like Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, J.J. Abrahams, etc,) gets involved, the long awaited LAM is probably never going to get made. :(

Yeah I don't think its getting made either tbh. That ship sailed a long time ago and so did my hope in ever seeing this project come to life. Of course there's still talk about it, but that's all it is for now. I'm not going to change my mind until I see some proof that its moving forward.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 5 months ago #23969

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

I'm ambiguous on a possible live action movie, for three reasons

1) Not every adaption of a comic-, cartoon- or live television-series has turned out succesfull.

Listing all successes and all failures in al three adaptation categories would take too long. But even in the commercially and critically most succesfull category, that is super heroe movies, results have been mixed so far. Batman, X-men, Spider-Man and Avengers succeeded; Fantastic Four, Superman and Hulk never seem to work.

So there would be as much chance of the movie flopping at the box office as of it becoming a blockbuster if not for...

2) adaptations of anime and/or American series inspired by anime so far have never been succesfull.

Think of Avatar-the las airbender, Dragon Ball Z, Pacific Rim...

3) Why would that movie be in the spirit of the original series?

'Bayformers' comes to mind. Will never forget the evening I saw it. Went with a few friends, we were looking forward to a trip through childhood memory lane.
Very rememberable evening, because after the movie, we went to a bar and spent the rest of the night discussing everything that was wrong with it!!!

G. I. Joe wasn't that good either, but at least the first movie portrayed the antagonists right.
Still wonder what was the point of introducing a team if at the beginning of the second movie the entire Joe team would get wiped out...

Anyway, I have become to fear movie adaptions. Untill proven otherwise, I expect the worst.

Mind you, I am fully aware that a live action movie will reach far larger audiences than cartoons or comics ever would, so a succesfull movie would do wonders for reviving Robotech. But multiply Robotech production history by everything I have written above... Not entirely impossible, but the odds aren't encouraging.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 5 months ago #23977

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Re: Robotech Tobey Maguire Sued Over Multi-Million Dollar Illegal Poker Game

Pop Culture has had its Bayformers and Pacific Rims. They're over it.

Robotech missed the boat.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 5 months ago #23999

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds