Robotech Live Action Movie

• christopher
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Lifes is what you make it
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by christopher on topic Re: live action

the focus group of Hollywood are the idiots not the fans i can say this because i have a friends who is a movie fan and can tell you why and how come they cut good stuff out of movies never in my life would i ever calla Robotech fan an idiot.
Dont let passion rule your life but rule with a passion
13 years 3 months ago #14623

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: live action

There are some Robotech fans who are idiots.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 3 months ago #14624

Didn't WBs acquire the rights to Akira and Robotech at about the same time?

Apparently the Akira LAM (part 1) has a script, director, the beginnings of a big star cast, a huge budget, and starts shooting this July... so what's going on with the Robotech LAM again?

13 years 3 months ago #14625

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

christopher wrote:

never in my life would i ever calla Robotech fan an idiot.

I would. :)
13 years 3 months ago #14626

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

rtsurfer wrote:

Apparently the Akira LAM (part 1) has a script, director, the beginnings of a big star cast, a huge budget, and starts shooting this July... so what's going on with the Robotech LAM again?

I don't know when WB got involved, but I started hearing fumblings about an Akira movie at least ten years ago, and probably closer to fifteen.
13 years 3 months ago #14627

IINM, Sony originally had the movie rights then WBs acquired them in either late 2007 or early 2008.

13 years 3 months ago #14628

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live action

Gubaba wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

I don't know when WB got involved, but I started hearing fumblings about an Akira movie at least ten years ago, and probably closer to fifteen.

YEAH, HEARD AT COMIC CON WAY BACK IN THE LATE 90'S. I THINK THERE WAS PRODUCTION IN 2004 FOR A 2009 SUMMER MOVIE RELEASE...

FROM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_%28film%29

Live action film

In the early 1990s, Kodansha Ltd. was in negotiation with Sony Pictures to produce a live-action remake of the film. Talk circulated again a decade later,[18] but the project has yet to materialize. Rumors circulated that the project was canceled in both instances when the projected budget for the film was upwards of $300 million.[citation needed]

Talks began again as Warner Brothers signed on to produce the movie with Stephen Norrington (writer) and Jon Peters (producer).[19] Akira was to be developed into two live action films; the first was to be scheduled for a summer 2009 release.[20] Warner Brothers and Appian Way planned to adapt the two movies from the manga, with each one covering three volumes. Ruairi Robinson signed on as director, Gary Whitta wrote the script and Andrew Lazar, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jennifer Davisson were to produce the film.[citation needed]

Andrew Lazar has stated that the film is not dead and is in fact a priority project for Warner Bros. Pictures and when it does go into production, it will be very high budgeted.[21] Screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby are currently working on the script. Gary Whitta has revealed that he has no idea whether they are re-working his script or starting from scratch.[22]

NY Magazine has recently stated that Warner Brothers is in negotiations with the Hughes Brothers to direct the film.[23]

On June 17, 2010, Lazar said that a new writer had been hired and that the movie was being fast tracked. He also stated that only Albert Hughes would direct the film, and that the first movie would be based on volumes 1–3 and the second on volumes 4–6. [24] Then on November 7, 2010 it was reported that Morgan Freeman is taking the role of Colonel Shikishima.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 months ago #14629

www.firstshowing.net/2008/its-official-l...ed-already-for-2009/

Apparently WBs had the rights, gave them up, then re-acquired them in a bidding war.

13 years 3 months ago #14630

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live action

rtsurfer wrote:

www.firstshowing.net/2008/its-official-l...ed-already-for-2009/

Apparently WBs had the rights, gave them up, then re-acquired them in a bidding war.

YEAH. THAT WAS BACK IN IN 2003 OR 2004 WHEN WB FIRST GOT THEM. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOVIE BUT TO MANY RUMORS ON WHY IT NEVER MATERIALIZED. DECAPRIO JUMPED IN EARLY ON AND WB TRIED IT'S BEST TO KEEP THE RIGHTS WHEN THEIR HOLD ON THEM WERE EXPIRING.

GLAD THAT FINALLY IT'S MOVING FORWARD.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 3 months ago #14631

• christopher
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Lifes is what you make it

Replied by christopher on topic Re: live action

I know that some Robotech fans are but i was refering to the world in general
Dont let passion rule your life but rule with a passion