Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:live action

Kevin McKeever [Robotech.com Captain] wrote on December 2, 2010 :

At the begining I said this would would be a very long process.

Sounds like they expected the LAM to coast along into production, then eventually become a huge hit. Seems premature for such an obscure franchise in the big leagues of Hollywood.

Nope. We never expected that. We have been very public ever since this was first announced that this would be a very long process. In fact if you listen to the Space Station Liberty podcast I did in Sept. 2007 I clearly said we at the beginning of a very long process. I also mentioned that at times it would seem like nothing was going on or that things might be moving backwards.

As for those "bigger" franchises just "cruising right along" something to consider.

Spider Man took over 15 years from first announcement to an actual film (It was originally announced as an Cannon Pictures project with Tobe Hopper attached to direct.)

X-Men took over 11 years from its first announcement to an actual film. (Work began on X-Men in 1989 with James Cameron and Carolco Pictures then the rights moved over to fox in 1994)

Fantastic 4 took over 10 years from its first announcement to an actual film. (Fox originally announced it in 1994 with Chris Columbus attached to direct.

I Am Legend took over 11 years from first announcement to an actual film. (WB announced it in 1995 with g Neal H. Moritz attached as a producer and Ridley Scott attached as director.)

I could go on but I think you see my point how "bigger" franchises had a long development process as well. This is not unique to Robotech...

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

I don't know MEMO, I get the impression Kevin is preparing the fans for a LONG WAIT. Funny he used movies that took 10 - 15 years to make. Hum, maybe he was suggesting it would be 2022 :unsure: Personally, I would rather it be 2017, actually I would have rather the movie be out now :P :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 4 months ago #14140

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:live action

DUDE!

YOU AND I AN THE OTHER FANS THINK THE SAME. IT SHOULD BE OUT NOW!.

HEHEHE

LET'S SEE WHAT 2011 BRINGS US.

IMHO I THINK THAT THERE WILL BE A DIRECTOR ANNOUNCED AND BY END OF YEAR OF 2011 A DATE MADE FOR RELEASE.

2007 WE GOT ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEAL
2008 PRODUCTION COMPANY'S ATTACHED TO THE PROJECT
2009 WRITERS AND MORE WRITERS
2010 A DIRECTOR BEING APPROACHED WITH A SCRIPT
2011 ????????
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #14145

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:live action

Transformers happened within a couple years after their announcement. Of course Steven Speiberg was heavily involved. It would be nice if the RT LAM had a few big names attached to it so they could push the project forward.
13 years 4 months ago #14150

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:live action

Troubleman245 wrote:

Transformers happened within a couple years after their announcement. Of course Steven Speiberg was heavily involved. It would be nice if the RT LAM had a few big names attached to it so they could push the project forward.

YEAH, I REMEMBER THE RUMORS WAY BACK IN 2004 WHEN AINT IT COOL NEWS POSTED THAT STEVEN SPEILBERG WAS GOING TO DIRECT IT. NOT SURE WHEN THE DEAL WAS SIGNED THOUGHT FOR THE MOVIE RIGHTS.
13 years 4 months ago #14157

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:live action

Troubleman245 wrote:

But then you've got tales of other stuff...

A.S. Byatt wrote the book Possession, which won the Booker Prize and became a huge bestseller in 1990. About twelve years later, it was made into a hit movie, and the rights to ALL her novels (and she has more than ten) were optioned for films. Now, does anyone plan to MAKE these films? No. But they don't want anyone ELSE to make them, either.

In other words, the company (or companies, I'm not sure) bought them to sit on them. Happens all the time.
13 years 4 months ago #14159

• christopher
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Lifes is what you make it

Replied by christopher on topic Re: live action

people just need to stick with what works and even though that the F-14s are no longer in service as a former NJROTC cadet i know that they keep them to use for traning mission for new pilots maybe the navy will be nice and let them barrow some to test with
Dont let passion rule your life but rule with a passion
13 years 4 months ago #14253

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

Could the RLAM be facing similar obstacles?

edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/1...ge/index.html?hpt=C2
13 years 4 months ago #14358

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live action

Gubaba wrote:

NOTHING IN THERE THAT IS SIMILAR TO ME.

WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN THE GREEN HORNET MYSELF BACK IN THE DAY SO WILL WAIT ON FEEDBACK. COULD BE GOOD BUT WAS NEVER A FAN OF THE SHOW, COMIC, OR NOW OF THE MOVIE.
13 years 4 months ago #14364

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: live action

Gubaba wrote:

I think lots of movies fall into that catagory some point during production.

Took almost 30 years for Hollywood to make a Starship Troopers Movie, and that was only done because the studio's outlived the author.

As for Green Hornet. Its a mundane, lackluster movie, pretty much like 90% of all the other comic book hero movies out there. Why do they still make these movies???
13 years 4 months ago #14368

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: live action

It is possible that it could take over 20 years for us to ever see a live action RT movie.

It took over 20 years for a Thing prequel too
so it might just as well....

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 4 months ago #14370

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds