Random daily chit-chat

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Random daily chit-chat

LadyGrimes wrote: Wow, already been a week since I last bitched in this thing? Seems I've got a lot to make up for then ;)

Not a lot bitching just going to say I hate the fucking plumbing in my building. Bathroom sink keeps getting clogged with god only knows what, and this last time I thought I had just wasted an entire bottle of liquid plumber even though the directions said to pour the whole damn thing into the sink. Well okay I did that and it didn't take an hour for it work, it took almost 4 fucking hours. :angry: the clog is mostly gone now but it comes back every other month or so. And with as often as the water gets shut off for maintenance around here you'd think things would improve. Nope.

Not to mention I can't stand the smell of bleach, and with as humid as its been the other day I used that crap for the sink the whole place smelled of it. Ugh.

It's probably full of hair and the only sure way to clear it is to crawl under it and pull out the U bend. This works best with a helper since putting it back together can require two people if it's got one of those stopper levers at the faucet end.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 9 months ago #23225

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Random daily chit-chat

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Wow, already been a week since I last bitched in this thing? Seems I've got a lot to make up for then ;)

Not a lot bitching just going to say I hate the fucking plumbing in my building. Bathroom sink keeps getting clogged with god only knows what, and this last time I thought I had just wasted an entire bottle of liquid plumber even though the directions said to pour the whole damn thing into the sink. Well okay I did that and it didn't take an hour for it work, it took almost 4 fucking hours. :angry: the clog is mostly gone now but it comes back every other month or so. And with as often as the water gets shut off for maintenance around here you'd think things would improve. Nope.

Not to mention I can't stand the smell of bleach, and with as humid as its been the other day I used that crap for the sink the whole place smelled of it. Ugh.

It's probably full of hair and the only sure way to clear it is to crawl under it and pull out the U bend. This works best with a helper since putting it back together can require two people if it's got one of those stopper levers at the faucet end.

Oh lovely, now I'll have to contact our asshole maintenance guy to fix it for us.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 9 months ago #23228

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Oh lovely, now I'll have to contact our asshole maintenance guy to fix it for us.

At least you HAVE an asshole maintenance guy! The landlord here used to be good about keeping things fixed, up until the time that the house was paid off and he now owns it. I live in the upstairs apartment, and the place needs a new roof. There is mold growing up in the ceiling, and he had a guy look at it, that was 6 months ago and he said he couldn't fix it until spring. It's midsummer now, and he hasn't said a word about it since, except to say that the guy who looked at it wanted more money than he felt like paying, so he was going to ask a cheaper guy to "quick fix" it. Well that hasn't happened either, and the mold is getting worse.

I don't feel like moving AGAIN, but I don't feel like having mold in my lungs more.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 9 months ago #23231

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

At least you HAVE an asshole maintenance guy! The landlord here used to be good about keeping things fixed, up until the time that the house was paid off and he now owns it. I live in the upstairs apartment, and the place needs a new roof. There is mold growing up in the ceiling, and he had a guy look at it, that was 6 months ago and he said he couldn't fix it until spring. It's midsummer now, and he hasn't said a word about it since, except to say that the guy who looked at it wanted more money than he felt like paying, so he was going to ask a cheaper guy to "quick fix" it. Well that hasn't happened either, and the mold is getting worse.

I don't feel like moving AGAIN, but I don't feel like having mold in my lungs more.

Our guy isn't any better tbh, but then again I live in an old building and most of us who live here are disabled sans for a few families but yeah mostly disabled and elderly. Elevator constantly breaks down and using stairs is out of the question for me cause of my back and severe vertigo. To make matters worse someone in this building likes to steal packages too I've had two stolen so far from the cunt and still don't know who it is. There are two people with tourettes syndrome one on my floor (yay) and one guy on the first floor. I stopped opening my bedroom window because of him always randomly shouting. The cops come all the time because of him too.

I'd like to move myself especially since our rent keeps going up each year. This building isnt even worth the amount we pay, and me and my roommate both live on fixed incomes atm so we're really screwed when that shit happens. Could be worse though. We could be homeless like her annoying ex who is still coming around here. He's giving her money now for food so he thinks that makes up for the abuse he put her through. Gotta love dat logic.

But I suppose in your situation you could call the department of health and make a complaint so something gets done. That's what my roommate and I had to do a few times because of other issues I don't care to mention rn lol.

7 years 9 months ago #23233

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Halfway through Season 2 of GOT and its getting really good. Still fucking hate Joffrey the most. He is terrible ugh.

anyways here's me and a friend watching GOT while discussing the major plot points.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

7 years 9 months ago #23248

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Tiki is driving me crazy today ugh. Keeps shaking his dish begging for my food. I've really created a monster LOL shit.

Also I can't stop eating cookie dough. Not the substitute crap but actually raw cookie dough. It's almost addicting but its sooooooooo good. How can something so great be so bad for you?

Also I hate flies so much ugh, I keep trying to kill them with my lighter but they wont go for the flame yet they go for my laptop screen wtf? Die you bastards!

7 years 8 months ago #23398

But raw cookie dough has raw eggs in it! You could get salmonella or e.coli! Not worth it!
7 years 8 months ago #23400

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: But raw cookie dough has raw eggs in it! You could get salmonella or e.coli! Not worth it!

True and I was concerned about that but it turns out the stuff I eat has pasturized eggs in it so its safe.

I once did something really dumb. I was craving chocolate so I made a batch of brownies and I chanced it with my expired egg beaters cause I thought since it was only a few days past expiration it would be okay. I couldn't have been more wrong. That was probably one of the worst nights of my life LOL. I basically played queen on my porcelain throne. So yeah never again.

7 years 8 months ago #23401

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

So something pretty effing embarrassing happened to me yesterday. I walked to the store and before I left my back was hurting me so I put my support band on which looks and feels like a corset. So I get all these people staring at me and I'm thinking I guess they've never seen a band like this before.
so I let it go and continue on my way, get my crap, check out, then walk back home.
Same thing people staring at me. so I get home put my stuff away then walk into the bathroom to look in the mirror and OMG my fucking underwear is showing! My support band pulled up on my shirt exposing it and I've been walking around like this the entire time :pinch:
and no one even said a word to me about it either. I'm like OMG why me? :S

Guess it could've been worse tho, my bhops could've been hanging out instead, which is what I was more worried about tbh. fml

7 years 7 months ago #23601

They would have told you, but they don't talk to strangers

and you looked pretty strange
7 years 7 months ago #23605

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds