ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

rtsurfer wrote:

When and where did they show new footage of Lancer?

Not sure how new this is the everyone, but it was new to me.

Skip to 48th minute.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
11 years 9 months ago #19294

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

rtsurfer wrote:

When and where did they show new footage of Lancer?

There is no new Lancer footage, just the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA: Love Live Alive remastered Yellow Belmont's ( aka. Lancer @Robotech NG ) footage already pointed out by sighup in the above post.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Lobizon.
11 years 9 months ago #19295

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

^Yeah, someone had mentioned they showed footage from LLA at AX. When new footage of Lancer was mentioned it didn't even dawn on me they meant that LLA clip. I suppose I don't think of LLA as new since it's both 25 year old footage and I've seen both Mospeada LLA and the fan made Robotech LLA.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
11 years 9 months ago #19298

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

Protoculture wrote:

As for RT:LLA, I do hope HG & Tatsunoko would do a many Mospeada fans in Japan & Asia a great favor by re-releasing it as brand new GC Mospeada OAV. That would be a blast!

Don't you think they should make sure it's GOOD and INTERESTING before foisting it upon Japanese and Asian fans...?

And hell, Japanese fans saw LLA back in 1985...and it's also on the current Japanese Mospeada box set. Why force them to buy it again...?

Of course. Plus the actual Yellow Belmont's Mospeada soundtracks to boot.

Well, I had blew a huge chunk of my income a number of time by devoting myself in buying Macross imports from Japan, so getting a new set of Mospeada rereleases sounds alright for me.
11 years 9 months ago #19310

Replied by Deestortedtimes on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

The footage was new to some of us that have not watched Mospeada. I am sure plenty of you have. Anyways, that movie coming out should be great.
You're crazy. A FLEET OF ALMOST FIVE MILLION!?!? There's no way we can fight them off. We're finished... -Lynn-Kyle
11 years 9 months ago #19326

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

In a weird way it is new footage to those who haven't seen Love, Live, Alive. I do own a copy of LLA & I saw the fan made Robotech LLA. HG's version might be the only way to see it in English.
11 years 9 months ago #19327

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Troubleman245 wrote:

In a weird way it is new footage to those who haven't seen Love, Live, Alive. I do own a copy of LLA & I saw the fan made Robotech LLA. HG's version might be the only way to see it in English.

Enh, I don't buy it.

I saw it in Japanese back when I was 11, and even got a copy then.

I didn't understand any Japanese, but I understood the OVA just fine, and I had no special contacts, but I still got it on VHS.

Again, I was ELEVEN.

Anyone who hasn't seen it in the meantime just hasn't been trying hard enough, IMHO.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19330

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

Troubleman245 wrote:

I didn't understand any Japanese, but I understood the OVA just fine, and I had no special contacts, but I still got it on VHS.

Again, I was ELEVEN.

Anyone who hasn't seen it in the meantime just hasn't been trying hard enough, IMHO.

WHY I AM MISSING OUT ON A LOT OF JAPANESE STUFF SINCE I DON'T SPEAK IT.

I DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LLA TILL THIS WHOLE THING STARTED. IM WITH TROUBLEMAN, AT LEAST I WILL SEE IT NOW AND REMASTERED.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #19352

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Troubleman245 wrote:

Again, I was ELEVEN.

WHY I AM MISSING OUT ON A LOT OF JAPANESE STUFF SINCE I DON'T SPEAK IT.

I DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LLA TILL THIS WHOLE THING STARTED. IM WITH TROUBLEMAN, AT LEAST I WILL SEE IT NOW AND REMASTERED.

I didn't understand any Japanese, either. But LLA had no real story, so it didn't matter if you understand the dialogue or not.

And I'm really surprised you didn't know about LLA until HG brought it up. Its existence was quite well-known. I first read about it in Robotech Art 1.

I'm serious, that book is a really great resource...it's a little sad to see how many Robotech fans seem not to have read it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19355

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

I didn't understand any Japanese, either. But LLA had no real story, so it didn't matter if you understand the dialogue or not.

And I'm really surprised you didn't know about LLA until HG brought it up. Its existence was quite well-known. I first read about it in Robotech Art 1.

I'm serious, that book is a really great resource...it's a little sad to see how many Robotech fans seem not to have read it.

I NEVER SEEN IT. TILL YOUTUBE CAME ALONG. EVEN THEN IT WAS WAY 2 YEARS AGO I FINALLY GOT TO SEE IT.

NOT A LOT OF FANS HAD BEEN ABLE TO GET THE BOOKS. OR REMEMBER FOR THAT MATTER. I DISPLAY THE BOOKS AT CONVENTIONS AND PEOPLE REMEMBER THEM. OR HAD THEM AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER BUT SINCE LOST THEM.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #19357

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds