Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Some more stuff from the closet...
13 years 11 months ago #12220

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Here is an update to my collection with Dark Stick to my MOSPEADA set. Ill have the Pilotless Legioss within a week or so. Enjoy.

Great pics Blackconvoy!

I've recently added a bunch of stuff to my collection and a new shelf for them so I'll be setting that up this weekend and taking a few pictures to post.

OH... and I'm waiting on 13 "pages" of Original Robotech Comic art that I aquired this week. Can't wait to get those.. I'll post some pics of those like I did with some of my Comico art.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
13 years 11 months ago #12221
Attachments:

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Is that a VF-1D? Whats the story behind that?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 11 months ago #12247

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Ok, I set up some of my recent acquisitions on my new shelf this weekend. On the top shelf there are actually 6 of the Raidar X mecha combined with the other 4 on my other shelf these make 10, though 3 of them need the Radar antenna. The power suit and pod are EXOsquad. On the second shelf I have my two Invid shock troopers and my two double changer alpha's... Got beat out for the red version on EBay Dang it! Then there's the Gakken Scott Bernard along with the Matchbox Scott and Rand on cyclones. I actually have 2 more complete Scott figures with Cyclones on another shelf. The third shelf has my recently purchased Matchbox Hover cycle for the 12 inch Dana figure. I'll have to dig out the boxed Dana figure to put along with it. Behind is a Southern Cross record I got from Japan... LOL I was surprised to find a "pull out" insert with a TOPLESS picture of "Dana".

And Finally on the Top of it all is my Matchbox VF-1S with Rick Hunter in the cockpit. I do need to find the gun pod, head, and a few missiles to complete it, but aside from that its in awesome shape.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
13 years 11 months ago #12251
Attachments:

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Very nice, Mark Warlock!

A friend of mine picked up one of those Matchbox hover cycles at Nan Desu Kan last year. It was on sale from another friend of mine who owns a local anime shop. (You know, I set foot inside that shop numerous times and saw that hover cycle many times and not once did I want to pick it up until after my friend bought it...go figure...) I really want to pick up some of those Shock Troopers, though...those are nice.
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 11 months ago #12254

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

buffalostyle wrote:

Very nice, Mark Warlock!

A friend of mine picked up one of those Matchbox hover cycles at Nan Desu Kan last year. It was on sale from another friend of mine who owns a local anime shop. (You know, I set foot inside that shop numerous times and saw that hover cycle many times and not once did I want to pick it up until after my friend bought it...go figure...) I really want to pick up some of those Shock Troopers, though...those are nice.

Thanks Buffalostyle!

Yeah I know what you mean, I had seen quite a few of those Hover Cycles at shows and never thought about them until I saw this one here locally. I got pretty lucky with my Shock troopers. I picked one up from a friend with a lot of figures so I paid around $10 bucks for it and the other I paid around $15 in another lot. I've been seeing them on EBay going for $40 Plus...

Now what I'm really wanting it to pick up a Hover Tank to put with all my Southern Cross stuff. I'm starting to believe that I'm not meant to have one... I have bought 2 through EBay.. and each time there's a problem. The first time the guy was a snake and tried to get me to pay using cash or money order and said that if I didn't he'd relist it. Then the second one I bought the seller just up and disappeared after I paid so I had to file a case and have EBay and Paypal get my money back... :angry:

13 years 11 months ago #12264

Something else from the back room.(from the Robotech convention in 1986)...still haven't came across the comico macross #5 signed by the same two.
13 years 11 months ago #12274

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Thoth Amon

That's a great piece to have man! Pure gold.

Thanks for posting it.

13 years 11 months ago #12277

Mark Warlock wrote:

Thoth Amon

That's a great piece to have man! Pure gold.

Thanks for posting it.

When I went to the convention in 1986 I was 14 years old. We had to "drag" my 9 year old sister along. This I what she got and it's issue #4 not #5. (She doesn't know I have this and she's not getting it back) ;)

13 years 11 months ago #12286

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Thoth Amon wrote:

When I went to the convention in 1986 I was 14 years old. We had to "drag" my 9 year old sister along. This I what she got and it's issue #4 not #5. (She doesn't know I have this and she's not getting it back) ;)

See Now those two things are great... pure gold and not just because they were signed. I have always believed that when it comes to collections no matter what it is... the best pieces are the pieces that have a story behind them. Whether it be how you got them or something that happened around the same time as when you got it.. or just memories. There are things in my collections that I wouldn't part with no matter how much someone offered me because of the story behind it. The more of a personal connection I have with a piece in my collection the less likely I would ever trade it or sell it even if it’s in rough condition and I have a chance to replace it with a better one.

A good example is my Matchbox SDF-1… I’ve had it since I was a kid… My mom bought it for me for Christmas from “Montgomery Wards”. I played with that thing every day.. I can’t count the number of times I fought off the Zentraedi or swooped down to a far off planet. Over the years… her antenna broke off, one of the rail guns broke, Daedalus was lost and a few of her joints got a little loose. With all that I would have never thought of getting rid of her… So… a few months ago I managed to snag another one… it was complete and in better shape then mine…. And what did I do?

Heh… I pulled off the antenna, a rail gun, and Daedalus and fixed the old girl up. Now she’s standing proud and tall where she belongs… at the top of my Robotech Collection.

Thoth Amon
Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us here. This is the root of the fandom.

To Everyone:

Thank you for dropping in and taking the time to post your pics and stories… Robotech will never die as long as there are those of us who continue to breath life into it and refuse to let it just fade away.

Thanks for your time,

Mark

13 years 11 months ago #12288

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds