Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Wow Mark, now that's what I call getting hooked up! Sweet pics and congrats on your signed stuff and new editions bro!

Oh I know Thanks, I got really lucky. They had some great stuff in the Mystery Box and hell it was all worth being there and participating. LOL.

I had such a good time over there and Breetai, who will soon be encased in a custom build display case, was a big hit with everyone... even Non-Robotech and Macross fans were coming up to me and complimenting him. There were a few times when I had to set him on a table just so the people that wanted too could take pictures.

Best advice... if you go to a Con and attend a Robotech Panel... Have a good question ready.. Cause you just might end up with something great for asking.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 9 months ago #13009

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Mark Warlock wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Wow Mark, now that's what I call getting hooked up! Sweet pics and congrats on your signed stuff and new editions bro!

Oh I know Thanks, I got really lucky. They had some great stuff in the Mystery Box and hell it was all worth being there and participating. LOL.

I had such a good time over there and Breetai, who will soon be encased in a custom build display case, was a big hit with everyone... even Non-Robotech and Macross fans were coming up to me and complimenting him. There were a few times when I had to set him on a table just so the people that wanted too could take pictures.

Best advice... if you go to a Con and attend a Robotech Panel... Have a good question ready.. Cause you just might end up with something great for asking.

I'm itching to go to one, I went to a real lame con back in 2001. But this year I want to go to nycomiccon. Hopefully the robotech panel will be there.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 9 months ago #13010

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

FINALLY!!! I got my Matchbox Hovertank... I was beginning to think that the powers that be didn't want me to have one because the last 3 I won on EBay the seller either backed out or tried to do some shady crap... One wanted me to pay cash through the mail. Yeah right!.

Anyway... I finally got one... Its in decent shape.. the right arm has some yellowing on the white, but I'm taking care of that no problem... it was missing the cannon, but I had aquired one in a lot about a year ago so that wasn't an issue. The only thing it's missing now is the front nose section of the tank... So I'll be looking for one of those.

I also just aquired a complete 5 inch Red Gakken Mospeada Legioss (Alpha). I couldn't believe how cherry this thing was when I got it. I can't find any stress marks or cracks.

I also got 3 1:72 IMAI Legioss Armor-diver model kits of each of the variations, 1 of the IMAI 1:72 Armor Soldier kits, and one of the IMAI 1:72 Fighters. I got luck and didn't have to pay an arm or a leg for them.

I'll take some pictures and post them later.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

13 years 7 months ago #13505

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Very nice! I can't wait to see pictures of your Hovertank. Don't really see a lot of stuff from Masters...
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 7 months ago #13508

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

I AGREE WITH BUFFALO.

PICKS MAN! PICKS!
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 7 months ago #13515

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Im now a member of the Scott Alpha/ Beta club. But Im sub-categorized in the Aoshima Section.

Check it out:

My appreciation pics page:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
13 years 6 months ago #13725

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Ok so I'm back after dealing with my wedding and all that stuff. So I figured I post the pics of one of my Robotech displays that have my recent aquisitions.

In the first picture you'll see my Matchbox/ERWIN Carded Lunk figure along with a pristine and complete 5" Gakken Alpha. You'll also notice Green Alpha in figher mode. It is complete also though the small antenna on the head is missing.

In the next picture you'll see my Matchbox Robotech Hovertank, not the Exoquad version, but the original issue. Now the right arm had to be removed and de-yellowed using a special process that left the paint dulled, but I will be repairing that as well.

Behind the Hovertank is a very rare kit, its an original unopened 1:20 Flash Clapper with driver model kit or Hovercycle with "Dana". You also see a glimps of the 1:12 scale Matchbox Hovercycle MISB along with Zor, Dana, and a bioroid ternimator. As you all know there isn't much in the way of Southern Cross stuff so my Master saga shelf is limited.... at least for now.

In this picture You'll see my Matchbox Robotech Veritech VF-1S (which is missing a few pieces but I have those on the way), Matchbox Robotech Officer's Battle Pod, Robotech/Exosquad Battlepod box, and the Matchbox 12" Lisa Hayes figure.

This last picture for the day is an overall shot of the display. If you look at the Macross shelf at the top you'll see Minmay entertaining the troops.. her stage... is an Official Robotech Launch Day Coin in a coin case...

On a side note... that coin was in my pocket during my wedding as a symbolic way to have all my Robotech family with me.

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
13 years 6 months ago #13766

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Mark Warlock wrote:

Ok so I'm back after dealing with my wedding and all that stuff.

CONGRATULATIONS MAN. WAY TO GO ON TYING THE KNOT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 6 months ago #13767

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Picked up a 5" Green Gakken Alpha VFA-6I. It's missing his gun and his shoulder mount, but I think I might have a source to replace them. I put it along side my complete 5" Red Gakken Alpha VFA-6Z. Got a great deal on both of them. Between them is the 1:35 Gakken Alpha Pilot. Tough little booger to find if you lost your's.

I Got in the New Reissue 1:200 Destroid MAC II Monster model kit! I'll be getting in the 1:72 Spartan and the 1:72 Officer's Battle pod. I'm so glad they reissued these kits.

Last picture for the night.. Got a great deal on a pair 1/6 Lynn Minmay PVC figures still in their package. Deal was just too good to pass up.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
13 years 4 months ago #14016
Attachments:

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Nice pics... I just picked up all the Arii and Imaii Southern Cross kits over the last week, so I have more kits to work on.
13 years 4 months ago #14017

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds