Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

The box on the far lower left is a giant SDF-1.
It is made of cardboard and you have to assemble it.
I was going to put it together for the pic but it was going to take to long and I didn't want to open the box.
It makes a 6ft long SDF-1. It pretty cool!!
12 years 1 month ago #18335

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21 wrote:

I was going to put it together for the pic but it was going to take to long and I didn't want to open the box.

Now see... That.. right there... makes me wanna cry. I finally got one of those when I was 15.. found it at Thrift store, of all places... Picked it up for $10.. the box was really nice and every thing was near perfect. I had that for about 10 years. One day I came home to my apartment and I feel water sloshing under my feet. I start looking around and I don't hear any water running in my unit. I start looking around and find water pouring in through the ceiling above my bathroom. The upstairs neighbor had somehow managed to flood their bathroom and it ended up going into mine. The dumb lady waited over an hour before she called ANYONE at the complex to help. It wasn't until later that I noticed water coming out from the washer and dryer closet, which was next to the bathroom in all the units. My prized SDF-1 was stored on a shelf above the washer and dryer... it was completely soaked and completely ruined. I was so mad I almost couldn't contain it... even now as I'm typing this, I'm feeling that anger again. :angry: Makes me so mad... as a friend of mine would say... "Makes me wanna punch a baby." LOL... I'm kidding of course... I'd never punch a baby... now Toddlers maybe... :lol:

[DISCLAIMER: Neither Mark Warlock nor any of his family or representatives condones the punching of babies or toddlers.]
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 1 month ago #18336

WOW!!!
Thats just really bad luck! I bet you wanted to punch your neighbor. LOL!
Did you ever get a replacement?
12 years 1 month ago #18337

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Bernard21 wrote:

Did you ever get a replacement?

Sadly... No.. left a very big hole in my collection I must say. The last few I have seen have either been complete basket cases, missing pieces, or the crack head sellers wanted WAY too much for it. I mean come on.. it's not a "Fortress Maximus" so why price it like one..:dry:
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

12 years 1 month ago #18338

Replied by Benson- on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

How much do those normally run? That might just be added to my must get one day list.
12 years 1 month ago #18339

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Benson wrote:

lil mungus wrote:

Having a hard time attaching images & don't have the patience to figure it out or resize them tonight lol. Here is a link though.

My custom Miriya Parina hacked together GI Joe action figure:

www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=35798

EDIT TO ADD:

Awesome job Mungus. Do you have any other figures planned in the future? I'll also have to check and see if Maia and Dana inherited their mom's sweater kittens as well. J/K.

Thanks! I have a few things going on. 2 figures & 1 vehicle in progress right now & a few other things in planning stages. Lost my job though & had to put everything on hold to try to focus on reality unfortunately.

Uuumm about those other things. Yeah at this point I don't have anything planned that will "measure" up to Miriya.
12 years 1 month ago #18340

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Mark Warlock wrote:

Bernard21 wrote:

Now see... That.. right there... makes me wanna cry. I finally got one of those when I was 15.. found it at Thrift store, of all places... Picked it up for $10.. the box was really nice and every thing was near perfect. I had that for about 10 years. One day I came home to my apartment and I feel water sloshing under my feet. I start looking around and I don't hear any water running in my unit. I start looking around and find water pouring in through the ceiling above my bathroom. The upstairs neighbor had somehow managed to flood their bathroom and it ended up going into mine. The dumb lady waited over an hour before she called ANYONE at the complex to help. It wasn't until later that I noticed water coming out from the washer and dryer closet, which was next to the bathroom in all the units. My prized SDF-1 was stored on a shelf above the washer and dryer... it was completely soaked and completely ruined. I was so mad I almost couldn't contain it... even now as I'm typing this, I'm feeling that anger again. :angry: Makes me so mad... as a friend of mine would say... "Makes me wanna punch a baby." LOL... I'm kidding of course... I'd never punch a baby... now Toddlers maybe... :lol:

[DISCLAIMER: Neither Mark Warlock nor any of his family or representatives condones the punching of babies or toddlers.]

Uugghhh that is horrible. Sorry to say that that makes me feel a little better about "giving" back my Gakkens & to know that I am not the only one to have a bad Robotech memory. Though I also feel like I still need more therapy get over it right?
12 years 1 month ago #18341

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Can't believe I won these. Got a set of of IMAI Mospeada Legioss Armo-fighters. I got all 3 of the fighter kits.. AFC-O1Z, AFC-O1I, and AFC-O1H. Can't wait to get them.

Oh BTW.. If anyone is interested I have been cleaning out my closet and found some great stuff so I posted some pictures on my Facebook. I have some cool kits and parts for sale or trade. Like me on Facebook and check for updates. Click on the link in my signature to go to my facebook page.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 1 month ago #18493
Attachments:

Thats awesome you got all 3 alphas!!!
I also noticed on your FB page you went to the Harmony Gold Carl Macek Universe documentry sceening. I was there as well!! Crazy! Would have been nice to talk collection stuff there and meet a fellow fan!! I am actually in one of your pics!! I really enjoyed that event. Did You??
12 years 1 month ago #18494

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Bernard21 wrote:

Thats awesome you got all 3 alphas!!!
I also noticed on your FB page you went to the Harmony Gold Carl Macek Universe documentry sceening. I was there as well!! Crazy! Would have been nice to talk collection stuff there and meet a fellow fan!! I am actually in one of your pics!! I really enjoyed that event. Did You??

Yeah I really can't believe I won them. I just knew that at the last minute I was gonna get out bid.

That's too funny, we might have even talked while in line. It was cool being there with all the fans, voice actors, Tommy, Steve, and everyone else. Hopefully we can all do it again.

12 years 1 month ago #18495

Time to create page: 0.613 seconds