Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

BERNARD21, WHERE YOU LOCATED MAN? DON'T MIND GOING SHOPPING THIS CHRISTMAS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 5 months ago #17754

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21, I sent you a PM. Theres 3 that im definately interested in. Might be interested in more if i can afford em.
12 years 5 months ago #17755

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

LOL!!!!
I think I had OCD when it came to Robotech!!
I was a huge collector back 12 years ago and collected as much as I could. Until I meet my wife of course!! When I cleaned out my storage I didn't realize I had this much stuff!! I still have a lot more items I have to take pics of!
The wife wants me to get rid of it but after going through all this stuff brings back lots of great memories and dont know if I could part with all these toys yet!! It was like a Toy time capsule!!! Not to mention I have NO idea what this stuff is worth and cant seem to find any price guides! I just thought it would be fun to post some pics for all the Robotech fans like US!!!!
12 years 5 months ago #17756

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21 wrote:

LOL!!!!
I think I had OCD when it came to Robotech!!
I was a huge collector back 12 years ago and collected as much as I could. Until I meet my wife of course!! When I cleaned out my storage I didn't realize I had this much stuff!! I still have a lot more items I have to take pics of!
The wife wants me to get rid of it but after going through all this stuff brings back lots of great memories and dont know if I could part with all these toys yet!! It was like a Toy time capsule!!! Not to mention I have NO idea what this stuff is worth and cant seem to find any price guides! I just thought it would be fun to post some pics for all the Robotech fans like US!!!!

WOW... Now THAT is what collecting is all about man. Great stuff there. You have an impressive collection. This is one of the reasons I created this thread. Collectors "showing off" for other collectors.. making each other drool... making each other want to find more.. Keeping the fandom alive.

Thanks Bernard 21 for sharing these with us and be sure to post more when you get a chance.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 5 months ago #17757

Here are some more pics of my collection!!
These are some of my SDF-1s!!
12 years 5 months ago #17758
Attachments:

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21 wrote:

(slaps forhead and passes out)

My god man... It's like you went into a Robotech Collector's wet dream and brought it to life..
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 5 months ago #17764

Hey guys, i entered a collectibles photo contest, so i actually dragged a good portion of my collection out of my closet and took a pic of it. Actually, i was only able to get about a little less than half of my collection into the photo (and thats not including cels, comics, and dvds) but i think its a good representative selection. If you really like the pic, and wanna help me out, feel free to submit a vote for it (shameless plug! XD )

fsc.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&...=13853232&i=1&m=X#SD
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Fuzzy.
12 years 4 months ago #17780

You have a very cool collection!!!
Im glad to see more people like yourself posting their collections!! They are fun to look at as well as appreciate!!
I like the Xmas touch! Its been a long time sense I've seen Robotech toys around a Xmas tree!!
12 years 4 months ago #17781

Thanks dude! You know... you couuullldd help me out with puttin a few more under that tree..... :lol:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Fuzzy.
12 years 4 months ago #17782

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21 wrote:

Really nice collection :cheer:

Those SDFs are potentially worth quite a bit of money. I believe I've seen the smaller one sell for over $100 and the larger one for over $250.
The Hovertank and Invid Shock Trooper are probably the next two most valuable. Earlier this year the Hovertank was selling for around $40-90 and the Shock trooper for around $40-75, plus shipping.
I think the older Alphas sometimes sell in about the same price range as the HT & ST.
IIRC the other larger matchbox toys were going for around $15-50.
I've heard the Toynami MPCs and toys have been loosing their resale value, don't know if this is happening with the older toys or not.
It seems like the ones that sell for the most are listed at a lower starting price then are bumped up in a bidding war, of course you risk having to sell it for the lower price that way.
I would suggest you don't sell them unless you have to.

Its really cool seeing what other people have collected, especially when they have a large collection. I hope people will keep showing off their goodies :)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 4 months ago #17793

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds