Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Benson- on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Bernard21 wrote:

I also like Jetfire!!
In fact the only way for us Robotech fans to play with a Valkyries in the 80's was to own a Jetfire. It wasn't till the 90's I found a toy shop that carried the Takatoku Valkyries.
I do like the 1/48 version, the detail is awesome but the 1/55 version started it all! Here is a pics you guys might like!
A blast from the PAST!!

You have no idea how much I'm starting to hate you in the best way possible.
12 years 2 months ago #18285

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

LOL!!!
I sure would like to see more collection pics from other people, like yours for example. Its nice to see all the different collections out there.
12 years 2 months ago #18286

Bernard21 wrote:

LOL!!!
I sure would like to see more collection pics from other people, like yours for example. Its nice to see all the different collections out there.

Yeah Mark Warlock convinced me that I had to put pics up. I love to see other peoples collections. I've seen some other collections on another site and there were two or three collectors that just blew my mind.

I really love the collections that have the customized toys or have scratch built items. That kind of imagination I really respect. If there's anyone out there that know of some beginners resources for doing that stuff I'd love to see it so I can start my own stuff.
12 years 2 months ago #18287

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Benson wrote:

lil mungus wrote:

Benson wrote:

I think it's an awesome piece. I wish I was able to own a Valk when I was a kid. I got to play with a Jetfire once but that was it.

Lol I only got to play with Jetfire once too. It was my neighbors cousins toy and it was so cool holding it in my hands. But then he left and so did it, never to be played with again :(

I'm 31 now and I still cry on the inside about it...

I wish I had the Jetfire but unfortunately its not my saddest memory. I am 36 and I still am crying about this episode in my life. (sigh) here we go:

In 93 I ordered 2 Ride Armors from a company out Midwest (still have the little B&W printed catalog). One to keep & one hoping to trade to a store for the Tatatokou Destroid Conversion set. I took them to the store & the owner said these are not the "original" & was not interested so I returned the whole lot. Deciding to get my money back & look for the "real thing"

Needless to say it was a stupid, uneducated thing to ship those back, because the "real thing" never appeared. And in place of "toys" what did I get back? $35 each.

Yup thats right all I paid for 2 Mint Condition unopened perfectly beautiful Gakken Ride Armors was $35 bucks each. And the idiot that was me returned them. Horrible. It is my worst Robotech Memory. I have unresolved issues with deceased family members that haunt me as much as that sad event.
12 years 2 months ago #18288

lil mungus wrote:

Benson wrote:

lil mungus wrote:

Benson wrote:

I think it's an awesome piece. I wish I was able to own a Valk when I was a kid. I got to play with a Jetfire once but that was it.

Lol I only got to play with Jetfire once too. It was my neighbors cousins toy and it was so cool holding it in my hands. But then he left and so did it, never to be played with again :(

I'm 31 now and I still cry on the inside about it...

I wish I had the Jetfire but unfortunately its not my saddest memory. I am 36 and I still am crying about this episode in my life. (sigh) here we go:

In 93 I ordered 2 Ride Armors from a company out Midwest (still have the little B&W printed catalog). One to keep & one hoping to trade to a store for the Tatatokou Destroid Conversion set. I took them to the store & the owner said these are not the "original" & was not interested so I returned the whole lot. Deciding to get my money back & look for the "real thing"

Needless to say it was a stupid, uneducated thing to ship those back, because the "real thing" never appeared. And in place of "toys" what did I get back? $35 each.

Yup thats right all I paid for 2 Mint Condition unopened perfectly beautiful Gakken Ride Armors was $35 bucks each. And the idiot that was me returned them. Horrible. It is my worst Robotech Memory. I have unresolved issues with deceased family members that haunt me as much as that sad event.

Yeah I'd be punching infants over that one. I've learned similar lessons about trusting other people's judgement. I get multiple opinions and verify facts before I come to any conclusions on subjects I'm unsure of.
12 years 2 months ago #18289

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Benson wrote:

. . . I've learned similar lessons about trusting other people's judgement. I get multiple opinions and verify facts before I come to any conclusions on subjects I'm unsure of.

Yeah me too now. But in 93 I was in my 20's and I (ahem cough cough) couldn't even say that last sentence much less live by it.
12 years 2 months ago #18290

LMFAO! At that time neither could I. Man, I miss my rockstar days.
12 years 2 months ago #18291

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Yup Yup, i did indeed win that contest. The prize was 2 VIP passes to Florida Supercon, and $200 (which i spent on a Bandai VF-25G at Megacon last weekend) :cheer:

Incidenly, the first series of Jetfire to ship to the states still had some of the UN Spacy markings on them, those are the rarest of em ;)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Fuzzy.
12 years 2 months ago #18292

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Its great to hear these stories.
I am sure if we can go back and buy alot more 80's toys we would be very happy!!
One of the reasons I have this collection today is my first collection was sold back in the early 90's to pay for me and my high school girl friend to go do things.
Funny thing is I couldn't remember what the heck those thing were but regreted selling my collection. So I spend many years after we broke up getting my collection back. Which is funny because I met my wife over 10 years ago and my entire collection has been in storage since then until we recently moved. Sad to say but I had forgotten I had all this stuff. Pretty wraped up in the married life! LOL

Fuzzy, glad to hear you WON 1st place and those cool prizes!!
That awesome!!!

I do remember the original Jetfires with the Macross logo on them I have the painted version.
12 years 2 months ago #18293

I've never even seen a Jetfire with a Macross Kite on it. That's pretty sweet.

Bernard, so when are we going to see this epic pic of your whole collection? Maybe throw in some midgets for scale...
12 years 2 months ago #18294

Time to create page: 0.600 seconds