HG has gone too far

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Believable, I can't say unbelievable anymore. I just wonder if we should beat them to the punch and close this site now?

I can see why they're going for the jugular due to the previous "issue." But man!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 weeks ago #11063
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Sadly i am not surprised either. I decided to let go the Genesis art and just move on,without stalling.

But sometimes its just too much, and the UEG productions has to be vigilant in protecting our own copyright (the Battle of Cegar 200).
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11066
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:HG has gone too far

I could comment, however as some of you know, I am under the henchmans noose of a strategic lawsuit, and thus commenting on a 'likeness' of said C&D for Genesis will infringe on copyright law. :angry:
14 years 3 weeks ago #11067
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:HG has gone too far

..well this didn't take long to be cannoned and bumped over. lol

Edit: I guess someone is having issues with moving threads around. lol
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by khoroshen.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11068
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:HG has gone too far

khoroshen

..well this didn't take long to be cannoned and bumped over. lol

Edit: I guess someone is having issues with moving threads around. lol

NOT ME.

HMMM...

1.LOOKING MORE INTO THIS WE KNOW U.E.G. TRIED TO ACQUIRE SAID RIGHTS FROM HG. RAISING HG SUSPICIONS ON THEIR LICENSING.

2.THIS PUTS U.E.G. GROUP IN A "COMPANY PERSPECTIVE" CONSIDERING WHAT WAS BEING DONE IN THE PAST. INCLUDING WANTING TO FORM A COMPANY. SOMEWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN. SMALL OFFICE, SUMMER ALL YEAR... VERY DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE OF THAT OF A FAN BOY DEDICATED TO FAN WORKS.

3.U.E.G. GROUPS GETS TO TALK TO HG AND ABOUT A C AND D TO THE PROJECT. REMEMBER THAT U.E.G. DID NOT PRESENT ITSELF AS A FAN. BUT A BUSINESS IDENTITY. TAKING EFFECT OF THE SAME FROM THE BATTLETECH GUYS OVER A DESIGN FOR COMMERCIAL USE. U.E.G. TO HG IS SEEN AS COMMERCIAL USE BY USING COPYRIGHTED IMAGES TO RECRUIT, COMMERCIALIZATION, SHOWCASE A U.E.G. BUISNESS IDENTITY.

4. NENAD I ASSUME AGREES TO PULL ALL ROBOTECH IMAGES LIKE WE SEE BUT HG STILL FINDS THEM ATTACHED AT DEVIAN ART. LOOKING AT DEVIAN ART COPYRIGHT RULES.... IMAGES ARE TAKEN DOWN FROM U.E.G (STILL HG LOOKS AT THEM AS A BUISNESS IDENTITY) AND OTHERS AS WELL PER DEVIAN ART.

5.NOW U.E.G CLAIMS NON ROBOTECH, HG, MACROSS IMAGES WERE TAKEN DOWN AS WELL....

HMMM....
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 weeks ago #11070
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:HG has gone too far

I CAN SEE HOW ONE CAN CRY FANDOM FOUL..

BUT U.E.G. DID NOT APPROACH HG AS A FAN. AND THAT'S WHAT HG SEES U.E.G. AS.

SORRY TO SAY IT. BUT U.E.G SET THEMSELVES UP LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHY HG WOULD GO AFTER ANY IDENTITY USING THEIR IMAGES AFTER THEY WERE TOLD NO ON USING THEM.

I REALLY WANT TO SEE NENAD SIDE. I UNDERSTAND IT. BUT HG DOES NOT SEE IT THAT WAY WITH THE HISTORY U.E.G. GROUP HAD WITH HG.

YOU GUYS TOOK CARE OF YOUTUBE YET?
MYSPACE?
FACEBOOK?

COME ON GUYS. THIS IS SIMPLE STUFF.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 weeks ago #11071

3.U.E.G. GROUPS GETS TO TALK TO HG AND ABOUT A C AND D TO THE PROJECT. REMEMBER THAT U.E.G. DID NOT PRESENT ITSELF AS A FAN. BUT A BUSINESS IDENTITY. TAKING EFFECT OF THE SAME FROM THE BATTLE TECH GUYS OVER A DESIGN FOR COMMERCIAL USE. U.E.G. TO HG IS SEEN AS COMMERCIAL USE BY USING COPYRIGHTED IMAGES TO RECRUIT, COMMERCIALIZATION, SHOWCASE A U.E.G. BUSINESS IDENTITY.

EDIT : UEG COMMENT REMOVED.

We will refrain from commenting on personal views. All info about what UEG is is publicaly available.

14 years 3 weeks ago #11074

1.LOOKING MORE INTO THIS WE KNOW U.E.G. TRIED TO ACQUIRE SAID RIGHTS FROM HG. RAISING HG SUSPICIONS ON THEIR LICENSING.

2.THIS PUTS U.E.G. GROUP IN A "COMPANY PERSPECTIVE" CONSIDERING WHAT WAS BEING DONE IN THE PAST. INCLUDING WANTING TO FORM A COMPANY. SOMEWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN. SMALL OFFICE, SUMMER ALL YEAR... VERY DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE OF THAT OF A FAN BOY DEDICATED TO FAN WORKS.

EDIT : UEG COMMENT REMOVED.

We will refrain from commenting personal views.

The important subject of this post is... not wake up the genesis ghosts.

But protect our own IP ( Cegar Project)... which is in Harmony Golds claim to Devian Art..

And you will agree.. that has nothing to do with Robotech or Macross......

COME ON THIS IS INDEED SIMPLE STUFF.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11075
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Is it possible that Deviant Art wants to remove all art just so they avoid conflict? Let's say without taking into consideration the type of art or genre it is? This way they don't get involved in legal troubles.

I can read, but perhaps other can't so a few clarifications:

Is UEG Productions a company or a fan group?

There was mention in an article (sorry I can't get the link to it now but if someone has it link it please) and to my understanding, UEG was going to become a company with its base being in some islands somewhere. Clarification on that please.

And as mentioned the true subject of this thread is in regards to UEG's own Cegar Project, which was removed and HG claims as infringement on their IP.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 weeks ago #11076

Is it possible that Deviant Art wants to remove all art just so they avoid conflict? Let's say without taking into consideration the type of art or genre it is? This way they don't get involved in legal troubles.

No. Acording to them :

The records associated with your account, robotechgenesis.deviantart.com/ indicate that the removed deviations were named specifically in a Claim of Copyright Infringement filed by Harmony Gold USA and were removed in order to comply with the claim of infringement on the federal trademark held by that company on the "Robotech" and "Macross" properties.

This is supported by the fact not all deviations were removed. 36 are removed. 18 are not.

Is UEG Productions a company or a fan group?

Along the entire life span of the genesis project (2004-2010) ueg was a RT fan group.(not a company)

Now it is just an Artist group...(still not a company)

There was mention in an article (sorry I can't get the link to it now but if someone has it link it please) and to my understanding, UEG was going to become a company with its base being in some islands somewhere. Clarification on that please.

Yes. The Kenna cubed article. The whole Genesis endevour made us realize our potential to create quality graphics and animation. However those plans for setting up a company were intentioned to take place long after the Genesis project is finished. (with original projects and IP) And had nothing to do with Genesis..

Nor there was ever any intention for Genesis to be used to promote that company...

And as mentioned the true subject of this thread is in regards to UEG's own Cegar Project, which was removed and HG claims as infringement on their IP.

Indeed.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11077
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds