HG has gone too far

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Some Clarification.

-Genesis has been created by a joint participation of more then 20 people through the years. For free, and from their own enthusiasm.

-UEG has a responsibility to make sure Genesis will not be commercialized , and to make sure those will be included in the credits list for creating the assets they provided)

- Genesis was a GROUP effort. Not a 1 man artwork. And i bare that responsibility as the Group leader.

We feel we cannot submit it under the submission terms for various reasons . It does not guarantee any of the issues adressed.(or more to folow)

A matter of submitting it or not is on us to decide.

However Harmony Gold decided not to let the project live if we do not submit.(The only way for the Project to be displayed they wanted is through RT.com)

And i say that is also special treatment already.... Because other fan projects are allowed to live,and display without submitting to HG.

We are not. And i believe that IS very much wrong To begin with...
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11146
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Submission Terms.

"Harmony Gold must request that members submit or send only original creative materials, including but not limited to submissions of scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts. If at our request you send certain specific submissions (e.g., postings to chats, surveys, message boards, contests, or similar items) or you send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information (collectively the "Submissions") shall be deemed and shall remain the property of Harmony Gold in perpetuity. By making any Submission, the sender automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material expressly grants, Harmony Gold the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such material (in whole or in part) throughout the universe and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, for the full term of any copyright, trademark or patent that may exist in such material for any purpose that Harmony Gold chooses, whether internal, public, commercial, or otherwise, without any compensation, credit or notice to the sender whatsoever. The sender waives all so-called "moral rights" in all Submissions. The sender further waives the right to make any claims against Harmony Gold relating to unsolicited submissions, including, but not limited to, unfair competition, breach of implied contract and/or breach of confidentiality."

This is something UEG as a GROUP of fans, working hard for years for FREE to produce a project cannot accept...

It was an Ultimatum for us. Either Submit or Remove any Robotech elements... Under these terms we did the later..

That is Special Treatment given to us already. And THANK YOU Memo for the opportunity to finally bring the facts to public.

As for the other claims made in the previous posts...i will refrain from commenting, as they are a fruit of strong speculation , misinterpretation, unnoficial information, Personal views..

Without any facts to support them whatsoever.

UEG PRODUCTIONS WILL NOT PROVIDE FURTHER COMMENTS. Any Speculations,personal views ("AS I SEE IT"...) are not our concern.
Furthermore we EDITED all our posts containing such comments ,and removed them from this site.

Our Legal Councel will take over the DevianArt issue.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11147
  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:HG has gone too far

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, it's pretty much like screaming at a wall at this point. But you have to realize something, you're posting your personal opinions on the matter, and that doesn't mean they are solid facts. Not everyone submits their work to HG I certainly don't
and if something isn't submitted to them, then they have no right to take it and claim it as their own.

That is all I'm going to say, I'm tired of this
merry-go-round fiasco.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 weeks ago #11148
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Well said, I applaud your efforts! Good luck with Artemis! This tread will now be closed at the request of the UEG fan group.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 2 weeks ago #11177
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:HG has gone too far

UEG_Productions

We feel we cannot submit it under the submission terms for various reasons . It does not guarantee any of the issues adressed.(or more to folow)

A matter of submitting it or not is on us to decide.

However Harmony Gold decided not to let the project live if we do not submit.(The only way for the Project to be displayed they wanted is through RT.com)

WAIT A SEC... YOUR GUARANTEE?

AS A COMPANY LIKE HG WHAT GUARANTEE THEY HAVE FROM YOU?

And i say that is also special treatment already.... Because other fan projects are allowed to live,and display without submitting to HG.

YES, BUT NOT EVERYONE IN THE FANDOM GOES AROUND AND TALK ABOUT ACQUIRING RIGHTS OR SAYING THIS RECENTLY....

www.kenacubed.com/cover.html

DATED 2/11/2010

RB: Who is U.E.G. Productions?

PD: U.E.G. Productions is made up of a group of people who are from different countries and who produce animation together. There are people from Europe, SouthAmerica, NorthAmerica and Asia. U.E.G. Productions is in the process of opening headquarters in a Caribbean island and some people from different parts of the world are moving there.

HP

you're posting your personal opinions on the matter, and that doesn't mean they are solid facts.

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD AND I SMELL SOMETHING WRONG WHEN SOMEONE DECIDES TO SAY ABOVE STATEMENTS AND THINK THEY NEED SPECIAL PRIVILEGES THAN OTHER FANS WITH SUBMITTED FAN WORKS.

EITHER YOUR CALLING IT A FAN WORK OR NOT AND I CAN SEE BY HG THEY NEED MORE THAN "WE JUST A FAN GROUP" TO GUARANTEE THAT WHAT YOU SAY IS WHAT YOU MEAN. AFTER ALL WHAT U.E.G. HAS BEEN POSTING.

I AM IN THE BELIEF THAT EVERY FAN WORK IS EQUAL AND SHOULD BE SUBMITTED EQUALLY IN RT.COM IF YOU DONT WANT TO SUBMIT IT. FINE... BUT DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH TRYING TO PIGGY BACK ON A PROPERTY.

LOOKING AT BOOTH SIDES OF THE COIN THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. BUT IN THE END PARTED WAYS. AND U.E.G. WILL NOT BE THE ONLY VIDEO OUT THERE EITHER. THERE WILL BE OTHERS. AND U.E.G. DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE.

OH WELL....
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11178
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds