• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Tada! And there you have it.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 2 weeks ago #11078
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:HG has gone too far

U.E.G.

Yes. The Kenna cubed article. The whole Genesis endevour made us realize our potential to create quality graphics and animation. However those plans for setting up a company were intentioned to take place long after the Genesis project is finished. (with original projects and IP) And had nothing to do with Genesis..

Nor there was ever any intention for Genesis to be used to promote that company...

AH.

YOU SEE HOW THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM WITH HG? U.E.G. INTENTION FOR THE FANDOM IS WHAT IT IS. JUST A FANDOM THING. BUT WHEN DEALING WITH HG AND IT'S PROPERTY THIS IS WHERE IT BECOMES SOUR GRAPES.

LIKE I SAID NENAD. I KNOW WHERE YOU COMING FROM. JUST THAT HG SEE'S THINGS DIFFERENTLY.

YOUR INTENTIONS DOING IT AS A FAN. BUT TO HG IT "MIGHT", AND MY OWN OPINION, MIGHT BE A DISGUISE AS A FAN BUT WITH OTHER INTENTIONS AND USING THEIR PRODUCT. AS YOU HAVE STATED YOU HAVE PLANS... AFTER GENESIS OF COURSE ;)

AND TALK ABOUT WAKING UP A GHOST. I THINK WHEN YOU BURIED GENESIS YOU LEFT OUT A FEW THINGS THAT GOT CAUGHT NOW. AND HERE WE ARE AGING TALKING ABOUT WHY ME, WHY THIS, WHY THE FANDOM.....

SIGHUP

Is it possible that Deviant Art wants to remove all art just so they avoid conflict? Let's say without taking into consideration the type of art or genre it is? This way they don't get involved in legal troubles.

THAT WAS MY THOUGHT AS WELL. WOULD EXPLAIN ANY COPYRIGHTED PROJECTS BY U.E.G. TO BE TAKEN DOWN. ESPECIALLY ONES WITH A MUSEUM ATTACHED TO IT.

NOW THIS I BELIEVE HG HAS NO SAY. BUT THE SITE DECIDED DEVIAN ART DECIDED REGARDLESS. HOPE YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS BACK FROM THEM.

AND WHEN DID ALL THIS HAPPEN?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 weeks ago #11083
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:HG has gone too far

YOU SEE HOW THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM WITH HG?

EDIT : UEG COMMENT REMOVED.

We will refrain from commenting on personal views and speculation.

THAT WAS MY THOUGHT AS WELL. WOULD EXPLAIN ANY COPYRIGHTED PROJECTS BY U.E.G. TO BE TAKEN DOWN. ESPECIALLY ONES WITH A MUSEUM ATTACHED TO IT.

EDIT : UEG COMMENT REMOVED.

We will refrain from commenting on personal thoughts and speculation.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11085
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:HG has gone too far

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YOUR INTENTIONS DOING IT AS A FAN. BUT TO HG IT "MIGHT", AND MY OWN OPINION, MIGHT BE A DISGUISE AS A FAN BUT WITH OTHER INTENTIONS AND USING THEIR PRODUCT. AS YOU HAVE STATED YOU HAVE PLANS... AFTER GENESIS OF COURSE ;)

AND TALK ABOUT WAKING UP A GHOST. I THINK WHEN YOU BURIED GENESIS YOU LEFT OUT A FEW THINGS THAT GOT CAUGHT NOW. AND HERE WE ARE AGING TALKING ABOUT WHY ME, WHY THIS, WHY THE FANDOM.....

Well, duh. OF COURSE something like this is going to have a chilling effect on those who create fanart of any type.

Obviously, I don't know the ins and outs of what happened behind closed doors, but what it sounds like happened is that HG shut down a fan project for undisclosed (but hinted-at) reasons. If HG wants to save face, they should issue some kind of statement about it, not let it get communicated through whispers and rumors, especially since Nenad is being up-front about the whole thing.

And none of this explains why HG demanded the four other pictures. There is no possible rationale for that, unless they made a mistake. And if it IS a mistake, it should be rectified quickly, unless HG wants even more bad press.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11086
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:HG has gone too far

UEG_productions, you do some amazing artwork! I feel teribly for what happened to your work. I really enjoy your Gundam artwork.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11087
  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:HG has gone too far

well memo sides with HG as usual.. well shit
better hope they never decided to kill anyones family!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 weeks ago #11095
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:HG has gone too far

To be honnest, HG hasn't gone 'too far' in the literal sense. This is quite routine for HG's Legal team.

I am quite suprised that it wasn't communicated to delete your Deviant Art account or anything anywhere that contains "UEG productions", "RT Genesis", etc, etc.

I mean the last thing Harmony Gold wants is a free, non profit venture that not only doesn't generate cash for them, but can also spell and visualise proportionate GC imaging better then the flagship pilot of the Shadow Chronicles arc.

But lets not be too focused on just Nenad's struggle. This is just an preview of what will happen to other fan concept projects, even the likes of this Vermilion Productions, once able to produce 'non-profit-fan-made' content will also suffer the point of the HG Legal department.

The company is too small, and its profitable assets are too short(for now) for it to allow fan made content on the same scale of Star Trek or Star Wars.

Any and all fan or prospective license catch ventures will be subject to being cancle-canceled, just like how the Robotech Expeditionaly Force cancle-d the Nuetron missile strike.

*above paragraph contains the frequently misspelled errors in the shadow chronicles movie.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11102
  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:HG has gone too far

Actually they have gone too far with the whole Deviantart mess
Are they aware of how many mecha fanworks from Robotech/macross there are on that site? Why should Nenad's be any different? So Genesis was cancelled, fine he didn't put up a fight and stepped down, but he wanted to leave his work on the project that might have been, on DA for all to see. What is wrong with that? He's not making profit off it, its just there for display, so how does that infringe on HG's fucktarded copyright bullshit?

It doesnt, and they need to knock their shit off, seriously
this is just retarded and I am tempted to send them a nasty gram with more F bombs than I have ever used in a single sentence. Granted they probably wouldn't read it but I could bitch at them either way.

and in that nasty gram I would flat out tell them, their products are shit, their ideas are shit and what they have done to fandom is bullshit.

Harmony Gold is just one sad pathetic joke of a company, and that is the truth. They have never done anything for the Robotech fandom that wasnt cheap and low in quality, it was always about making an easy buck and attracting retards to their fanbase while kicking out any one with signs of intellect.

Also I heard from a little birdy that the live action movie is already on its death bed so what does that tell you about Robotech's future?

And so while we wait for anything new, HG will continue to take out anything that makes the shadow chronicles look bad well you know what fuckers? Nothing has to make that movie look bad, it does it enough on its fucking own.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 weeks ago #11103

WELL..

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK NENAD FOR SHOWING UP TO OUR SPANISH ROBOTECH PODCAST WHERE NENAD WAS A GUEST. WE SURE CLEARED MANY THINGS OUT AND NOW I AM SURE NENAD, BY HIS OWN VIEWS, BELIEVES HIS PROJECT SHOULD BE TREATED DIFFERENT THAN ANY ROBOTECH FAN PROJECT OUT THERE SUBMITTED TO HG. WHICH I BELIEV IT IS WRONG.

GO HERE
www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/userProfil...=474470&cmd=userprof

THERE IS TRANSLATION THERE SO IF YOU PASS THE SPANISH PART YOU CAN GET THE ENGLISH AT LEAST.

NENAD DID NOT TALK BUT WE TALKED FOR HIM THROUGH HIS POSTS.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11135

HP

well memo sides with HG as usual.. well shit
better hope they never decided to kill anyones family!

RELAX THE PAGH PART OF YOUR STATEMENT. HG HAD EVERY RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY DID. ESPECIALLY HOW NENAD TOLD US OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES LEADING INTO IT IN 2006 AND 2010.

NENAD HAD A CHANCE TO SUBMIT HIS ART WORK LIKE ANYONE ELSE THAT DOES IN ROBOTECH.COM AND EVEN HG WAS GOING TO PROMOTE IT AND HAVE A VIDEO GALLERIA (IS THAT CORRECT NENAD? OR WAS IT SECTION?).

BUT TO ME NENAD WANTED TO DEAL LIKE A COMPANY. AND WITH HIS STATEMENTS IN A RECENT INTERVIEW WAS THE CAUSE OF HG SEEING HOW THEY SEE THINGS.

YEAH, NENAD IS SAYING ITS JUST A FAN PROJECT AND JUST FANS DOING FAN THINGS. BUT IT'S HIS OTHER STATEMENTS THAT WARRANT HG TO TAKE IT ANOTHER WAY. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE TURNED DOWN A CHANCE TO SUBMITTED AS A FAN ART LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THAT DOES IT.

SORRY I COME OUT LIKE THIS NENAD BUT I DONT THINK THERE SHOULD BE SPECIAL PRIVILEGES FOR FANDOM WORKS SUBMITTED TO HG.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11136
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds