What was your Robotech.com user name?

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Peter Young wrote: AB, LG: NOT intended as invitation to rant again

No worries.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo, Peter Young
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 4 months ago #23981

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

SIGHUP

As long as we keep it civil we should be fine.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #23983

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

:laugh: yeah i miss the ol site
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #23984

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

I think your suggestion is a great idea. There are a ton of topics that would make good discussions here. What the hell, I might start one, just to see how it goes. :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Sinn.
7 years 4 months ago #23987

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Same user name as always, Maverick_LSC except I've now dropped the underscore. Joined back in 2001 and surely missed the boards when the discussions were heated but civil.

The social media aspect to me doesn't appeal to me as much as the message boards.

Looking forward to see it return to Robotech.com

Mav....
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
7 years 4 months ago #24042

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Protoculture. I've used the name since Robotechdotcom beta days, with RDF-HQ Message Board, Palladium Megaverse's Robotech/Macross II sub-forum and this site too. And yes, even on Macrossworld as well.

Frankly speaking, forums at Robotechdotcom became ghost town back in late 2007 and early 2008 due to triggerhappy attitude of some of the mods (perpetuated by both Tommy Yune and Steve Yun no less) using the banhammer policy. Disgruntled fans slowly but steadily left Robotechdotcom to greener pastures and one of the place they ended up either at Macrossworld or Robotechx, but mostly ended up at Macrossworld.

In this day and the advent of social media, Robotech fans seems to congregate to several Robotech groups in Facebook. Notably would listed below:

- Robotech Freedom: With 1200+ members, quite active with members from many spectrum. However more Macross-centric as one of the Admins is a Macross purist. Some of the posts also quite seem bias to Robotech, but hey, its freedom of expression ....
- Unofficial Robotech Tactics RPG: More than 2000+ members, the only worthwhile Robotech groups out there. VERY active and most members very helpful.
- #Robotech: Not much of discussion wise, but has extensive image gallery section.

I'd include others, but other groups are not that active (RPG related) or outright Robotech hating groups.
7 years 4 months ago #24043

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Yeah the mods were very ban happy back then and most of it was because of the overwhelming negative response to Shadow Chronicles by the fans. Well what did they expect? BTW not a rant @Peter Young just stating the facts.

I always thought it was lame that posting any criticism could get you banned. That's what happened with a few of my accounts on the site and it was so long ago that I don't even remember them now. Not important either because I moved on.

I think this site is probably the last real Robotech site in existence. I don't do social media anymore because of drama and I didn't care to join Macrossworld either because I've always considered myself a Robotech fan only. I've never even bothered to watch the original anime series either because I simply just don't want to. Call it ignorant if you will but that's how I feel.

And I'm surprised there are groups dedicating to hating Robotech lol. They act like RT was some kind of abomination when it was created because macross just didn't have enough episodes to fill the required slot. But personally I've always felt that the writing was clever in combining the three series and that they did the best they could. Oh well. Can't please everybody.

7 years 4 months ago #24045

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Sinn wrote: I think your suggestion is a great idea. There are a ton of topics that would make good discussions here. What the hell, I might start one, just to see how it goes. :)

I don't suppose anyone for whatever reason saved or otherwise archived my dissertation on why Lisa Hayes was an evil Zentraedi sympathizer under the command of Dolza, did they? That was a great conversation with umpteen points of proof contained within the original 85 animated episodes.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 4 months ago #24048

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

yeah it was funny every time i turned around someone was getting banned. :side:
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24049

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Sinn wrote: I think your suggestion is a great idea. There are a ton of topics that would make good discussions here. What the hell, I might start one, just to see how it goes. :)

I don't suppose anyone for whatever reason saved or otherwise archived my dissertation on why Lisa Hayes was an evil Zentraedi sympathizer under the command of Dolza, did they? That was a great conversation with umpteen points of proof contained within the original 85 animated episodes.

You could probably find it on a website like this cachedview.com/ which keeps archived versions of old websites. I'm not all that internet savvy myself but I think you'd be able to find it there.

7 years 4 months ago #24050

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds